Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Funny Stories Of Derby Day Vrs Burnley

Gav

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taken from another thread:

I recall being told a story about a lad that used to drink in the Clifton arms and later worked in the Jubilee that jumped the fence in the corner of the riverside late 70’s, he ran alone into the 5000 burnley fans in the darwen end, they backed off, must have thought he was carrying a grenade! Then he was saved by the police, fined and they had a whip round in the pub to pay his fine.

Think that story is mentioned earlier on this thread.. funny story though, sounds like a madhead! :lol:

Anyone got any photos/videos of that b3ll end Dixie Dingle running on the pitch to try and take Super Rob out?

Hardly any videos of the last encounters, the only good fan videos seem to be Ozzie's from before the game at the Turf.

I recall being told a story about a lad that used to drink in the Clifton arms and later worked in the Jubilee that jumped the fence in the corner of the riverside late 70’s, he ran alone into the 5000 burnley fans in the darwen end, they backed off, must have thought he was carrying a grenade! Then he was saved by the police, fined and they had a whip round in the pub to pay his fine.

Never forget that Gav, the madman was stood near us before he tried t' take em all on :lol:

Guest burnley fc

THE DAY BURNLEY CAME TO EWOOD IN 1983 AND TOOK THE DARWEN END APART BRINGIN THE STAND ROOF DOWN AND THE STAND HAD TO BE SHUT FOR THE REST OF THAT SEASON HAHA !!!

THE DAY BURNLEY CAME TO EWOOD IN 1983 AND TOOK THE DARWEN END APART BRINGIN THE STAND ROOF DOWN AND THE STAND HAD TO BE SHUT FOR THE REST OF THAT SEASON HAHA !!!

Yeah absolute classic that one, you broke the roof and threw it down onto your own fans, then became invisible after the game? That would be the same season you went down and didn't resurface for 17 years ??

Well, I was only a kid at the time :D but I seem to remember that the ' offender' was a small ginger haired kid nicknamed Sylvester. He was always the cheer leader in any Rovers hoolie action around that time. If memory serves me correctly he took a swallow dive into the Clampetts at the corner of the Riverside ( where all Shad and Mill Hill's finest had gathered ) and walked away unscathed.

Always stook in mind - how hard Burnley fans must be to throw slates at their own fans. Almost as good as doing the double over you that season.

All pales besides the Chelsea fans that left the Darwen End and stormed the Blackburn End - scary times.

Lets hope that for all the rivalry - that it is kept to chanting, and the odd obscene gesture - some of us have grown up - lets hope the Dingles have. This particular Derby may not have the huge crowds of major City derbys - but has more history than most. Lets hope the TV public remember it for the right reason.

Well, I was only a kid at the time :D but I seem to remember that the ' offender' was a small ginger haired kid nicknamed Sylvester. He was always the cheer leader in any Rovers hoolie action around that time. If memory serves me correctly he took a swallow dive into the Clampetts at the corner of the Riverside ( where all Shad and Mill Hill's finest had gathered ) and walked away unscathed.

It definitely wasnt Sylvester who did that, Sylvester (Shaun) turned into a ManU fan in the mid seventies.

• Guest changed the title to Funny Stories Of Derby Day Vrs Burnley

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.