BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lucas Neill

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West ham will give us more money so thats all im bothered about. I dont want him at Ewood anymore and the quicker he goes the better, the only unhappy player at a very happy football club! I not really that bothered that he wants to go to west ham, a club not doing better then us, which was his orginal reason for moving. He has gone stale, a move would do everyone good!

I fricking hate Liverpool, I'm glad they didn't get him in the end..

Thats just reminded me how stupid cockney slang is

Has anyone watch Tony cottee on skysportsnews when he sayings something along the lines on "oh hes just had a shot and its come back off the beans and toast".

idiots....

also: bye niell, have fun getting relagated

Edited by youandwhosearmy

Random caption competition (prize money absolutely nothing!).

IPB Image

Are those turnstiles at Upton Park still turning?

IPB Image

YES THEY ARE!! GIVE ME YOUR MONEY HAMMERS FANS! CH-CHING!!!! HERE I COME TO FILL MY COFFERS YOU EAST END FOOLS!

;)

it's dissapointing for many reasons that Lucas will end up at West Ham. I find it hard to comprehend that anyone (even if I am biased) would sign for West Ham instead of staying at Rovers. In many ways I would have had some respect for him going to Liverpool, at least that represented a footballing challenge - the only challenge he faces now is how his to spend £50k every week.

I had no problem with him moving to Liverpool, he'd only played for us and Millwall so he had a chance to play for one of the world's biggest and most traditional clubs in a fantastic footballing venue. It would have been great to tell his grandkids stories about Anfield and the great Steven Gerrard.

Sadly, his grandkids will have to settle for substantial shares in Werthers Originals whilst he tries to find newspaper cuttings to prove he was footballer but all Lucas will find are cuttings about leg breaking challenges and the summer he dumped his country out of the world cup with a trademark lunge.

Having said all that I like Lucas - he's a very polite guy and certainly gave his all on the pitch. In my view he had a chance to prove himself as a footballer at Liverpool but he has bottled it. Ashley Young at the age of 21 wouldn't touch West Ham - that Lucas, if you're reading, says it all.

Finally, I think it's only fair we/I thank Lucas for 4 or so good years. He hasn't been exceptional, he won't be remembered as 'a gem' or a legend. The bottom line is he did well no less, no more. His excellent world cup has earnt him his move so let's move on.

I will now be supporting two teams untill the season end - Rovers and the team playing West Ham (but I'm not bitter ;) ).

Sums it up quite nicely. I have always supported Lucas through the criticism of his behaviour and attitude but now I really would like to see West Ham relegated even more than before. I can't think why a professional player who wanted one last chance at a big club would settle for the cash and go to West Ham. I know about his ambitions after football but it still seems to me that real footballers want to win things and what is Lucas going to win with the Hammers? He's certainly going to finish off any chance they may have had of winning the Fair Play League.

bye bye lucas you greedy b------

i am going to boo you when you come back to play at Ewood

hope you enjoy the championship

He won't, he alledgedly has a release clause if the hammers go down.

Booing him would be fantastic, really acheive something.

What a lot of small minded, small town, backward and bitter people there are on here.

Stick to the facts people rather than silly girly emotions...

1. He signed for BRFC for 4 years cos we offered more for his services than Millwall.

2. He's virtually all but seen his contract out as promised and it's been our decision to sell him now for OUR own profit.

3. Taking wages out of the equation we've had excellent injury free service AND made money on him.

4. He's signed for WHU for 2.5 years cos they offered more for his services than BRFC.

Just what is the bloody big issue children?

so do you like greedy players who are just after big money

Its quite a leap gaz. But frankly I couldnt care less, I intend to spend my time SUPPORTING the current Rovers players, rather than giving incentive to opposition players to play well.

What a lot of small minded, small town, backward and bitter people there are on here.

Stick to the facts people rather than silly girly emotions...

1. He signed for BRFC for 4 years cos we offered more for his services than Millwall.

2. He's virtually all but seen his contract out as promised and it's been our decision to sell him now for OUR own profit.

3. Taking wages out of the equation we've had excellent injury free service AND made money on him.

4. He's signed for WHU for 2.5 years cos they offered more for his services than BRFC.

Just what is the bloody big issue children?

What are doing posting that on here ??!!

You sound ridiculously rational and intelligent

And are big enough to admit you would do exactly the same put in his position than every single member of this messageboard

Despite what many think on here, Lucas is a diamond bloke who would do anything for anyone.

He has an agent who works for him and that agent seems to have brokered him a remarkable deal for his committed though limited talents.

Time to grow up for most of you.

I wonder why players were queueing up to sign for us in the early nineties ??

Good luck to him. A player of his ability on £60k a week, he'd be a mug not to.

We've had good service from him, but with cash in the bank we can probably get somebody almost as good for less money than he would have wanted.

It will however be pointless him trying to say that he has gone there for any reason other than money.

He will be off at the end of the season from West Ham if they get relegated, that's for sure, having more than doubled his salary in the meantime that somebody else will have to beat to get him.

it's obvious this is money motivated rather than a career move.

personally, I wouldn't have chosen WHAM, but I can understand why- on a couple of counts:

1. Liverpool have tried getting him, on the cheap (comparatively speaking) and he's see that as them disrespecting him.

2. he's nothing to lose by going to WHAM (apart from the games), cos he'll have a relegation release clause and, even if they stay up, I'd expect him to have left there by this time next year.

3. he's probably watched 'cribs and seen scaloni's apartment (when he was on loan at WHAM).

4. he's probably fed up with being booed by the ewood park crowd whenever his name's read out and having idiotic 'riversiders' yelling nonsense at him.

the one issue I have with the whole-thing is, rovers haven't got a decent fee for him.

I bear no grudges against the guy. people must try and remember;

Lucas Neill has served us well, he's been about his desire to move, but he's not a rovers fan (and hasn't the same emotional attachment to rovers as we have)

and (for want of a better phrase) he's a foreign footballer.

there are many before him, that haven't been as loyal and comitted to our club.

I wish him luck, for the rest of his career, and I thank him for the service he has given blackburn rovers.

I think what most people are annoyed at is the fact he's clearly picked fianance over his career, simple as that.

If that makes us "small minded, small town, backward and bitter people " then I'm happy with that.

I am still not convinced this is 100% definate. Why has it not been officially announced - the best sources I can find quoted are his agent (and that doesnt say he has actually signed) and people quoting the Sun (might as well quote - well cant think of anyone more ridiculous). Anyone think MH is having one last go at convincing him? He may have agreed in principle to move to West Ham but Dunn had done the same with Bolton. Maybe Neill has just announced this to try and get more money out of Liverpool, or maybe even us (seriously doubt it but you never know).

I am still not convinced this is 100% definate. Why has it not been officially announced - the best sources I can find quoted are his agent (and that doesnt say he has actually signed) and people quoting the Sun (might as well quote - well cant think of anyone more ridiculous). Anyone think MH is having one last go at convincing him? He may have agreed in principle to move to West Ham but Dunn had done the same with Bolton. Maybe Neill has just announced this to try and get more money out of Liverpool, or maybe even us (seriously doubt it but you never know).

It's on SkySports which is usually fairly reliable, but I agree with you there's something about it not being officially announced that makes me think there will be another twist in this saga yet.

What are doing posting that on here ??!!

You sound ridiculously rational and intelligent

And are big enough to admit you would do exactly the same put in his position than every single member of this messageboard

I would have signed for Liverpool and so would many more on here. Life is a challenge and you get one go at it - he's made a momumental mistake.

I think in all honestly if he had signed for Liverpool most people could say fair play he's done his bit and furthered himself. He has acheived nothing apart from swapping passion for money by signing for West Ham.

I like Lucas but sadly he has sold out on this one.

Edited by Martin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.