BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lucas Neill

:rover: i've no ill feeling to lucas,it just shows that a very mediocre player can earn mega bucks,if he had gone to anfield his chances off playing every week would have been zero,at west spam he will start every week.it's a pity things turned sour but thats life,when he turns up at ewood i will applaud him,because he did try every game,sometimes too hard :brfc:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a lot of small minded, small town, backward and bitter people there are on here.

4. He's signed for WHU for 2.5 years cos they offered more for his services than BRFC.

Just what is the bloody big issue children?

Wrong TND - we don't know they offered more for his services, and from all accounts Rovers offered him an even better one to his exisitng one

And according to himself he wants a new challenge so this shouldn't even be an issue - which is what alot are posting about- he is going for the money

However I do agree - what is the big issue - as per many, not my favourite but Thanks Lucas you did ok for us shame it looks like it has to end in a Miss Marple sort of way.

Good luck to him!

Hes given us a good 4 years and hes the same as most of us in that we always want to go one better in our careers and try new challenges.

Apart from the fact they more than doubled his wages (who wouldnt go for that!!!) West Ham is a much bigger club than ours and he gets to live in London.

Hes been in Blackburn for 4 years...not exactly paradise for an Australian (no offence). He doesnt support Blackburn like us. ITS HIS JOB! He has done his job well. He has kept his promise and honoured his contract. He would have played until the end of the season without complaining.

Hes been honest and straight with all of us for the last 9 months. Theres nothing wrong with a change of scenery. So hes gone to a struggling club...he gets 60k p/w and they have a good chance of staying up with curbishley...theyve just signed Davenport and are after Upson...they are fine going forward. Liverpool...he would have been a squad player...like bellamy whereas west ham he could become a fans favourite.

Im sure were gonna get the usual idiots booing him when he returns. Im sure he expects it but if im at the game il give him a clap. Then watch Gamst skin him.

What are doing posting that on here ??!!

You sound ridiculously rational and intelligent

And are big enough to admit you would do exactly the same put in his position than every single member of this messageboard

Despite what many think on here, Lucas is a diamond bloke who would do anything for anyone.

He has an agent who works for him and that agent seems to have brokered him a remarkable deal for his committed though limited talents.

Time to grow up for most of you.

I wonder why players were queueing up to sign for us in the early nineties ??

Thats all well and good, but football is not just a business to the average supporter! and sometimes players/agents get away with to much and it annoys your average supporter because of the sums of money involved, which they have helped to pay through the turnstiles and noses!

It also doesn't help when a player of average talent says he wants a new challenge when he obviously wants a bigger pay packet.

Benitez is right to say if you want to play for Liverpool it is an honour, and you can't say that the pay is bad.

It smacks of greedy agents leading the players up the garden path again

Been chatting to Lucas this morning.

Some interesting snippets

He laughed at the prospect of West Ham - " No way mate"

He hasnt been offered a contract since January 2006 and was offered the same money over a longer deal.

He personally doesn't mind being booed but the rest of the team do and it affects them

He doesn't think we should sign Dunny cos he's not fit and easily picks up injuries

Laughed at the Damien Duff/Mytton Fold story

Has no ideaif he's staying or leaving but says it looks like he could be staying till May

Also has no idea if he's starting or is captain today

Says the Board have told him they will not pay silly money and wont even negotiate with his agent

:huh:

I think what most people are annoyed at is the fact he's clearly picked fianance over his career, simple as that.

If that makes us "small minded, small town, backward and bitter people " then I'm happy with that.

i'm generalising here, gav.

i fail to see why everyone is annoyed / worried he's ruined his career. it's not your concern.

it's his career and he'll have to deal with any consequences.

he isnt leaving us in the lurch. rovers will quickly recover from his departure (providing konchesky isnt his replacement). :D

theno and waggy's views, illustrate the situation perfectly, and i'm bemused that more dont agree with them- but not surprised.

i'm generalising here, gav.

i fail to see why everyone is annoyed / worried he's ruined his career. it's not your concern.

it's his career and he'll have to deal with any consequences.

he isnt leaving us in the lurch. rovers will quickly recover from his departure (providing konchesky isnt his replacement). :D

theno and waggy's views, illustrate the situation perfectly, and i'm bemused that more dont agree with them- but not surprised.

If he'd gone to Liverpool I could understand his reasons but West Ham?

I couldn't give a rat’s arse about Lucas Neill once he's left the club to be honest, but debating the merits of his transfer is just one of the things that keeps forums such as this flourishing.

it's dissapointing for many reasons that Lucas will end up at West Ham. I find it hard to comprehend that anyone (even if I am biased) would sign for West Ham instead of staying at Rovers. In many ways I would have had some respect for him going to Liverpool, at least that represented a footballing challenge - the only challenge he faces now is how his to spend £50k every week.

London would be a big draw for anyone. Working in one of the world's great cities would be worth a lot, it certainly beats driving to Blackburn each day. Besides it's full of Aussies - pouring pints usually :lol: - so he will feel right at home.

At this point I wish him good luck as he was a good servant for us and didn't we even make some money on him? Can't remember how much we got him for from Millwall for but it wasn't much. Unfortunately I do think he may well shortly slag off the fans, the club and the town in the near future in the media. If so, he deserves no respect but I hope he proves me wrong.

A tentative good luck to Lucas...

FLB makes a good point - we'll see the measure of the man when he's gone and comments on things himself.

Personally I think good luck to him but I want him out now as soon as possible - his being around will not make for good team spirit going forward

One thing he mentioned was that he will tell his side of the story once he's gone.

Well his conversation with you, whether it happened or not, has already been proved to be unreliable. So if you did have this conversation with him then what he comes out with when he lives in unlikely to be the entire truth.

One thing he mentioned was that he will tell his side of the story once he's gone.

I guess we will see then if he is really a "diamond geezer" or just good at telling people what they want to hear. I do hope he has the good grace to not just slag a town or their fans off who helped him make him a even more well-paid player. If his issue was with the board then that is fine. I've not got much respect for Henchoz any longer due to his comments about Rovers when he left. Even less when he tried to brush it off as being misquoted.

Why not spill the beans if said anything negative? Or are you trying to mislead the posters on here by only letting us know the nice things?

EDIT - Actually Brownie that sounds a bit harsh and I didn't mean it to, I was interested when you posted what he told you so thanks for that but am bit intrigued that you said he told you things that you won't pass on.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.