BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lucas Neill

"Moving to West Ham isn't a backwards step - it's a great jump forwards" - Lucas Neill

While I still say that Neill has every right to plya for whoever he likes, that there is a load of, as Colin would say, tummy rubbish.

Whichever way you look at it, despite WH being a seemingly decent side with backing and so on, there is no way you can cast the move as a jump forward. At best it is a step down in football terms at present. In the longer time only time will tell.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot belive some of the people on this board, have you ever thought that of course he is gogint o say that the move to West Ham is a big jump forward, whether you like it or not he has another set of supporters now, and comments like that will only hel;p his transistion into their club and hearts.

He also said without any disrespect for Blackburn where he had 5 and half fantastic years. The lure was too great!

Of course it was, doubling the money, being in London, being at a club that if they get our of relegation will have a massive shopping list for next year. Comapre our investment to what West Ham have made this year and what will no doubt invest next year.

Why on earth would that comment make you so angry?

Disillusionment with the sheer negativity of the comments that get posted. My fault... I'll take a hiatus away from this message board. Hopefully this thread will be dead and buried by the time I come back. Later.

I am now convinced that lucas really does have NO idea, what planet he is living on at the moment. he has just been on australian television, regarding his move to the hammers and out of his gob came (and i quote) "Moving to west ham is a massive step forward for me, compared to where i was at blackburn" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Fair Play to Lucas - if someone offered to double my salary - think i may consider moving to ol' London town.

Of course it was about the money.

Like has been said he is hardly going to turn around and tell the truth is he :

'Yeah well - when Wham offered me 60k a week i nearly fell off my chair - i mean they are worse than rovers granted - but i am on guaranteed 3x more per week even if they go down so really - i would have been a bloody fool to refuse. And besides - got my agent to write a relegation clause in the contract so if they do go down - should be double bubble when some other mugs wanna pay me as much as i am on now - Happy Days !'

Edited by wellesbourne

I meant compile the list.

just in case you missed it

Bobby Moore, Geoff Hurst, Martin Peters, Trevor Brooking and Billy Bonds for whammers

for ROVERS read

Clayton, England, Douglas, MacLeod, Duff, Eckersley, Newton, Garner, Crompton, Shearer, Vernon, Tugay, Wagstaffe to name but a few

:lol::lol::lol:

Were my ears deceiving me or did Lucas say something along the lines of "if Liverpool had maybe tried to get me then I would have signed for them." And didn't Curbs say something like "for an average player there were a few clubs after him". Maybe it was just me but the whole press conference didn't seem like a marriage made in heaven to me and I think it may all end in tears.

Neills gone for money! No doubtabout that and no doubt that that was his intention from the start. Just like Mr McNulty would go to ITV if they offered to double his salary from the beeb!

I really find it odd that people appear suprised / antagonised / embittered by all this. Are people not capable of logical and rational thought processes nowadays? :huh:

Good grief! Dunno if there is one but if so that must take the 'most stupid post of the year' award hands down.

Congratulations gazsimm, being so stupid cannot be easy! ;)

I go along with that Shaddy. Coming after their steal of Bellamy I think they are guilty of arrogance and deceipt. I know it's business and all's fair in love and war but the sooner somebody whips Gerrard away under similar circumstances the better! I would just love to see him walk away for nowt!

i think you should look at your own stupid posts and stop slagging people off. It's quite clear why Neil joined West Ham and if you are thick enough not to realise this, well then that just sums you up

Edited by gazsimm

Neill went for the cash. His agent, West Ham, or both came up with a good speech to endear him to the locals. Dropping the WC winners in there can't hurt, even though it happened over 40 years ago now. He mentioned in one interview that he was impressed with the Chairman's vision for the club; no doubt that's why he had a relegation release cause put into his contract.

Good luck to the lad. He's making double the money, we made a profit from him 6 months before his contract ran down, and Hughes turned him into a decent Premiership defender.

I think it's time to shut this topic down. The lad is no longer a Rovers player and as such we should not bother with him. Having said that as soon as anything is in the press about Dunn (not now), Duff, Bellamy, or Souness this board lights up like Blackpool illuminations.

Despite which side of the Lucas debate you're on, is anyone else amazed at the arrogance of Rick Parry's comments today? Effectively he's saying we don't need to sell Liverpool to a player - if you don't want to come you want your head examined.

I agree, he has been a good servant,I'm a bit miffed with his attitude,but it's his life ,and he's entitled to move on.

I'm fairly new on here, can some tell me what "pinned" means..ddoes it mean topic closed.

No, it just means that the topic will stay at the top of the page.

The thing that got me laughing my sperm containers off was the comment on Sky sports. SS have never in my memory ever given Lucas Neill much credit for anything except when he gets sent off or breaks the odd leg here and there. Now, hysterically, he pens a deal with the Hammers and he is mentioned as "one of the best defenders in the Premiership" Bloody amazing how much better a player can get overnight just by moving 200 miles South.

Has there been any confirmation on what the actual fee was? Today's Daily Mail mentions..."Curbishley insisted he had captured for £2.5million a world-class player who had been in demand." Yet the same article on their website has since been edited which suggests it was perhaps a mistake.

Any news (Lee?) on the actual fee?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.