Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lucas Neill

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

From the Guardian article: "On signing for West Ham 12 months ago the Australian insisted financial considerations had not figured in his chosing the Londoners over Liverpool. But that appears to have changed since he is now not content with his breathtaking salary."

Perhaps the Guardian should have said: "When Lucas Neill insisted financial considerations had not figured in his move to West Ham he lied."

When Neill signed for West Ham a year ago he said: "I feel a sense of warmth about this move." No Lucas, you felt a sense of warmth in your wallet at the prospect of being paid such vast wages by the Hammers and now you have the audacity and the arrogance to be leading the queue of players to request a pay rise this month.

West Ham were knocked out of the FA Cup tonight after Petrov pounced on a mistake by Neill to cross the ball into the box for a goal. But will Lucas really care as much as the fans do - after all he's the guy who decided to chose money over medals when he turned down Liverpool in favour of West Ham. And however much this Aussie bleats about "financial considerations not figuring in my move", you know that this greedy bugger clearly sees money as a major motive for him.

Lucas Neill wasn't involved in our Worthington Cup final victory in 2002. I suspect that in years to come, when his grandchildren ask him: "Grandad what medals did you win?", he'll probably open up his wallet and say: "This is what I won."

_42423442_wallet203.jpg

"he is now not content with his breathtaking £55,000-a-week salary. Although he is approaching 30 years old and has been far from being the club's outstanding performer this season, Neill believes he is owed at least parity with the former Arsenal midfielder Freddie Ljungberg's £70,000 a week and has asked for a contract extension. His request was understandably dismissed."

I always had a strong dislike for him when he was with us, there was something about his general demeanour that I couldn't stand...not to mention that he seemed to like bad-mouthing us every time he went on international duty. What an arrogant arsehole he must be to believe he deserves a £15,000 pay rise on top of what is already a ludicrous wage for an average footballer, especially given that Ashton is still on £20,000 a week.

It's one of life's injustices that he was born with footballing talent, because he plainly doesn't deserve it. You get the feeling he wouldn't give a toss how many medals he gets in his career, he'd be far happier with an extra figure on his pay cheque. I can't think of many players I'd say this about (only Barton springs to mind), but I'd be quite happy if he was on the end of a rather nasty challenge.

It's one of life's injustices that he was born with footballing talent,

He wasn't really, he's just a very good athlete.

If he was exceptionally talented in a pure footballing sense I don't think people would mind him getting these telephone numbers as much.

"he is now not content with his breathtaking £55,000-a-week salary. Although he is approaching 30 years old and has been far from being the club's outstanding performer this season, Neill believes he is owed at least parity with the former Arsenal midfielder Freddie Ljungberg's £70,000 a week and has asked for a contract extension. His request was understandably dismissed."

I always had a strong dislike for him when he was with us, there was something about his general demeanour that I couldn't stand...not to mention that he seemed to like bad-mouthing us every time he went on international duty. What an arrogant arsehole he must be to believe he deserves a £15,000 pay rise on top of what is already a ludicrous wage for an average footballer, especially given that Ashton is still on £20,000 a week.

It's one of life's injustices that he was born with footballing talent, because he plainly doesn't deserve it. You get the feeling he wouldn't give a toss how many medals he gets in his career, he'd be far happier with an extra figure on his pay cheque. I can't think of many players I'd say this about (only Barton springs to mind), but I'd be quite happy if he was on the end of a rather nasty challenge.

A very ill informed charactar assassination.

He is self confident, which most Aussies are, but is also a very generous, considerate and friendly person who goes out of his way to please fans and regularly does a hell of a lot more than many would find acceptable.

As for the nasty challenge comment, says a lot more about you and your personality than your nonsensical drivel says about Lucas Neill.

He wasn't really, he's just a very good athlete.

If he was exceptionally talented in a pure footballing sense I don't think people would mind him getting these telephone numbers as much.

He wasnt exceptionally talented , just a high quality full back with two feet and the best chest back-passer in the Premiership.

His athleticism was down to his professionalism and hard work put in daily.

No coincidence that the two fittest players I've seen at Rovers are both Australian.

He wasnt exceptionally talented , just a high quality full back with two feet and the best chest back-passer in the Premiership.

His athleticism was down to his professionalism and hard work put in daily.

No coincidence that the two fittest players I've seen at Rovers are both Australian.

Glad to see you still defending him, after the guy you considered a friend looked you in the eye and lied about being interested in going to West Ham. ;)

How's the pub going btw? Hope it's going well.

Glad to see you still defending him, after the guy you considered a friend looked you in the eye and lied about being interested in going to West Ham. ;)

How's the pub going btw? Hope it's going well.

I still remembering laughing at the prospect !

Pubs going great on saturdays, did you not see me in last Fridays Telegraph ??

Rest of the week is a struggle but its the same for most pubs

I was at Wastelands (Sorry, City of Manchester Stadium) last night and, I hate to admit it, but the lying, greedy b@st@rd had a good game and Petrov got no change at all out of him.

Still, all he'll be doing on Cup Final day is counting his brass.

I thought Petrov had a good second half (didn't watch the first) and cut inside as well as going on the outside to cause Neill lots of problems. He also set up the chance where City scored. Not saying Neill had a bad game but Petrov must've gotten some change out of him as he served several good crossed into the box during the 45 minutes I watched.

I still remembering laughing at the prospect !

Pubs going great on saturdays, did you not see me in last Fridays Telegraph ??

Rest of the week is a struggle but its the same for most pubs

It's those Uncle Jack's FC boys on a Sunday after the game. Tight as submarine doors they are - the lot of 'em.

yawn.

it's his job. what's the worst that can happen when you ask for a rise - you get told 'no' !

you can't escape the fact that Lucas Neil put in 100% effort for every game he played for the club. So what if he didn't have brazilian skills. We paid next to nothing for him and got many great seasons from him.

Get over it! Life's too short to get so twisted about it!

One of the things with being a Rovers supporter and living where I do has been the years of having conversations about Savage. I always thought it was a little sad that fans of Big Club couldn't find anything else to talk about than some midfielder that they sold bloody ages ago.

I'm seeing parallels with sections of Rovers' support and Lucas Neil and it's just as sad.

Lucas is gone and there's more to life than slagging him off y'know.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.