BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lucas Neill

Now that would have been interesting if Mark Hughes had become the Man Utd boss - Carrick sold to Portsmouth!!!

No more huge house needed up north anymore for Carrick!.

There are massive issues with housing in the Turton and Edgworth area at the moment. Extensions seem small fry. The number of houses that are going up in people's gardens around the area is a joke. My parents recently lost a battle to prevent a house being built that looked into their bedroom and lounge. The whole back of the house looks over Mum and Dad's garden so what used to be a lovely private piece of land is now overlooked. It started off as a two bedroom house and was built as a four - and when it was investigated retrospective planning permission was given!

Not far from where Neill's house is a converted barn where Gary Neville, in Bradshaw. He has lived here for years now but when it was all planned people in the local area protested massively. It was agreed that if he planted a few trees they would allow him to develop it in any way he wanted! Seems to me if you have money you can build what you want - especially if you are a footballer.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd bring this to the fore again in order that we may compare any similarities over the coming weeks.

1. Lucas Neill.... Sorry Mr Williams, I've 12 months left on my contract but I'm not intending to sign a new deal for BRFC. I'm a footballing whore and I've made my mind up to leave when my contract runs out to play elsewhere and make more money. I'm at the age now where this will be my last move and I intend to maximise my income. If you want to sell me first then I am willing to discuss the situation at any time to accomodate the wishes of the manager.

with

David Bentley ..... I've 3 years to run on my contract but now that I am in the England set up I've decided to ignore any liability or indebtedness to BRFC. I'm a footballing whore and I simply intend to leave to go to a big club in europe for more money and recognition. I'm wanting you to tear up my contract to suit my intentions and nothing you can say or do will change my mind.

btw a clue..... both of em are money orientated but one of them is a 'proper' man. :brfc:

Edited by thenodrog

btw a clue..... both of em are money orientated but one of them is a 'proper' man. :brfc:
*Round of applause*

The whole thing puts into perspective how much of a true professional one of those mentioned happens to be. Both are situations i'd rather not have seen, but at least one will be looked at in hindsight as "excusable given the manner in which it was conducted".

Lets just see where Bentley ends up going. I initially sympathised with Neill's intension to play Champions League football, till he decided that £10k extra a week was more important than that.

I can it from Bentley's perspective and can understand that he wants to win medals and play in the CL. But like I said - we should reserve judgement to see if this is just an excuse like Neill.

Just thought I'd bring this to the fore again in order that we may compare any similarities over the coming weeks.

Are you expecting some sort of appeasement for Lucas by holding him up to another greedy footballer? I really don’t see the point.

Some people didn’t like Lucus either for his taunting of the fans or for just wanting to leave Blackburn Rovers, some people liked and respected the guy and felt he was right to look out and stick up for himself – why can’t people have such an opinion? Why not respect those opinions, instead of trying to reignite a debate that’s already been had (in a substantial amount of detail). How many pages have we got? Is there really anything left to be said?

Both of them have been disrespectful to the club and its fans, but if you must do your comparison why not stick to the Bentley thread and let this Lucas thread die (he really doesn’t deserve such an involved thread).

Lucas went purely for the money. Do really think Bentley would pick West Ham over Liverpool if he had the choice? Would he balls, you can tell he genuinely wants to take his talent to this highest level possible.

You also completely ignore in your twisted scenarios how Neill's actions resulted in us getting a severely reduced fee because he decided to let his contract run down. Bentley has 3 years left on his so it puts us in a much stronger position to get the biggest fee possible, if he wanted to screw us over he could have refused to sign the last contract that was presented to him.

Neill went for money, Bentley wants to move for success...yet you're making Neill sound like a saint. Nice manipulation of the facts...

Edited by LeChuck

You also completely ignore in your twisted scenarios how Neill's actions resulted in us getting a severely reduced fee because he decided to let his contract run down. Bentley has 3 years left on his so it puts us in a much stronger position to get the biggest fee possible, if he wanted to screw us over he could have refused to sign the last contract that was presented to him.

That's bull. He told them well enough in advance that he wanted to move. They could have cashed in earlier, but chose not to.

And Bentley did refuse to sign the last contract that was presented to him a couple of months ago.

(Here you are accusing other people of not knowing facts!!)

That's bull. He told them well enough in advance that he wanted to move. They could have cashed in earlier, but chose not to.

And Bentley did refuse to sign the last contract that was presented to him a couple of months ago.

(Here you are accusing other people of not knowing facts!!)

:lol:

I think I'll just give up for today. Although...I thought Lucas had announced his intentions to leave on a Bosman, but I've probably got that wrong.

I just think Bentley is getting undeserved amounts of abuse. He's only ever said excellent things about us, but he's stated he needs to move on to a club playing European football...which, in my opinion, is fair enough. On the other hand, I can't recall Neill saying anything positive about us...in fact, I do remember plenty of distasteful comments about Rovers that he made whilst on international duty with Australia (something about it being nice to play with a higher quality of player). This was actually whilst he was with us too, not after he'd left.

He announced he was leaving on a Bosman, but did it at least a year before his contract ran out. Hughes said he wanted to keep hold of him as long as he could.

He announced he was leaving on a Bosman, but did it at least a year before his contract ran out. Hughes said he wanted to keep hold of him as long as he could.

And kept him until Christmas before selling him for £1m+ apparently. So the deep thinking intellectuals on the Blackburn End booed him along with BRFC and Mark Hughes..... by association. <_<

I don't recall Neill beng that up front and honest wth the club, merely pontificating for ages that he wanted to "keep his options open" eventually leaving the club with no option but to offload him for a nominal fee in January.

Completely irrelevant to Bentley's situation anyway.

I think it's fairly relevent Simon. Albeit Neill was a lot more considerate toward BRFC.

1. I'm sure that Neill informed Hughes and the club of his intentions and that all parties came to a gentlemans agreement to sell him in Jan. The 'fans' bless em immedietly translated it as disloyalty to Blackburn. The fact that it was by an Aussie obviously never entered their heads. :rolleyes:

2. Suppose Ince wants Bentley to stay? Bentley, his agent and the directors will all rem the childish treatment meted out to Neill making any similar option a difficult runner. Forcing a sale in this manner will only result in the club being in a position of backs to the wall with the net result a reduced bargaining chip and a likely reduced transfer fee. And that would be plain STUPID.

Edited by thenodrog

You can if you like USAblue. It's really easy....... Just stop clicking the link. :rolleyes:

some one should invent a click that shows you are puposely not looking at a thread,

like I am doing now on principal!

:lol:

I think it's fairly relevent Simon. Albeit Neill was a lot more considerate toward BRFC.

1. I'm sure that Neill informed Hughes and the club of his intentions and that all parties came to a gentlemans agreement to sell him in Jan. The 'fans' bless em immedietly translated it as disloyalty to Blackburn. The fact that it was by an Aussie obviously never entered their heads. :rolleyes:

2. Suppose Ince wants Bentley to stay? Bentley, his agent and the directors will all rem the childish treatment meted out to Neill making any similar option a difficult runner. Forcing a sale in this manner will only result in the club being in a position of backs to the wall with the net result a reduced bargaining chip and a likely reduced transfer fee. And that would be plain STUPID.

Those of us who gave Lucash the stick he deserved are childish?

How does our childishness compare to your reaction to Ince's appointment?

1. Lucas Neill.... Sorry Mr Williams, I've 12 months left on my contract but I'm not intending to sign a new deal for BRFC. I'm a footballing whore and I've made my mind up to leave when my contract runs out to play elsewhere and make more money. I'm at the age now where this will be my last move and I intend to maximise my income. If you want to sell me first then I am willing to discuss the situation at any time to accomodate the wishes of the manager.

with

David Bentley ..... I've 3 years to run on my contract but now that I am in the England set up I've decided to ignore any liability or indebtedness to BRFC. I'm a footballing whore and I simply intend to leave to go to a big club in europe for more money and recognition. I'm wanting you to tear up my contract to suit my intentions and nothing you can say or do will change my mind.

'Whore' is a fair way of putting it in writing; but I hope of it would be verbalised as 'hoo-er' in the proper patois... :closedeyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Nicko reckons Neill is off to Ci'eh. M.E.N.. reported last night that the Aussie clogger was on £60k a week at West Ham :huh: . I doubt this mercenary ******* will head to the Beswick circus for a penny less.

Or before he has chance to insult the Hammers fans and google "Man City" enabling him to claim inspiration from Bell, Summerbee, Trautmann and Steve Kinsey.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.