SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lucas Neill

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhhh kayyy, seriously dude, let go... www.smaritans.org

I think "Gordon" had better take your advice DP m'kay. Then maybe some of the other members on here will follow suit...a bit like mentalist dominos! I cant believe people would actually stick up for "Lucash" like this m'kay. Where has the loyalty to our football club gone? I hope you can look yourself in the mirror TND m'kay? If you do i bet you can only see a reflection of "Lucash" yo

ur messiah. Im just going to apologise in advance Gordon...sorry for being childish m'kay?!

I wouldn't take him back, the guy is a liability.

I agree 100% the amount of times I have seen him on highlights since he left where he very nearly gives penalties or does give them is unbelievable. He is very dirty and he would pick up even more bad press for us. No thanks! Like Abbey said anyone of our players that runs to the bburn end and cups his ear is a muppet and should never ever play for us again.

. Then maybe some of the other members on here will follow suit...a bit like mentalist dominos! I cant believe people would actually stick up for "Lucash" like this m'kay. Where has the loyalty to our football club gone? I hope you can look yourself in the mirror TND m'kay? If you do i bet you can only see a reflection of "Lucash" yo

ur messiah.

Boo Lucas boo hiss hiss.

I wonder if you hate Shearer as much since he left far more dishonourably. He showed far less loyalty to Rovers by leaving the club when it suited himself and not keeping Rovers fully informed of the situation. Of course he isn't an arrogant aussie so you'll let him off. :rolleyes:

Shearer, Shearer, ra, ra, ra

For the record I wouldn't have him Neill back as I don't think we miss him as much as I thought we would and don't think he would improve the team significantly, just the squad.

Edited by Hasta

I think "Gordon" had better take your advice DP m'kay. Then maybe some of the other members on here will follow suit...a bit like mentalist dominos! I cant believe people would actually stick up for "Lucash" like this m'kay. Where has the loyalty to our football club gone? I hope you can look yourself in the mirror TND m'kay? If you do i bet you can only see a reflection of "Lucash" yo

ur messiah. Im just going to apologise in advance Gordon...sorry for being childish m'kay?!

Wow. I can't remember anyone ever posting as the character shown in their avatar. Interesting approach.

Edited by Tugay4England

As far as I am aware he still has his huge house in Turton which has been extended massively. It caused quite a storm locally.

I'd have him back if he reduced his wage bill. He is a good player and not bad looking if all else fails.

Where has the loyalty to our football club gone? I hope you can look yourself in the mirror TND m'kay? If you do i bet you can only see a reflection of "Lucash" yo

If you are a child there is no need to apologise rover2u. But if you are over 18 then sorry but I'm not accepting it.

Moving on......

How naive and narrow minded some people are. Take the blinkers off. There is little room loyalty in football at this level. Need evidence? It looks like Hughes will ferk Tugay off this summer after giving him just a 12 month contract last summer, but if Tugay had gone to a rival club last year for a 2 year contract no doubt the 'loyalists' on the blackburn End would all be booing him when he turned up. What about Brad? If Hughes had only offered him a 12 month extension last fortnight and Bolton for example had offered him a two year one would we all queue up to boo him when he turned out for the trotters? Financial gain is what professional players play fof for goodnes sake.

As it happens I'm with Hasta in that I'm not fussed whether Lucas Neill comes back to BRFC or not, BUT his cupped ear gesture was hardly all that terrible was it? It was in response to lots of grief and barracking from so-called supporters. Barracking that had been going on since the beginning of the season from some quarters and was building in intensity every week. You spout about loyalty and looking in mirrors rover2u so answer the folowing questions..........

1. Whatever happened to loyally supporting the blue and white shirt whoever is wearing it whilst a game is in progress?

2. How about booing Mark Hughes? Rem it was Hughes that kept picking Lucas Neill to play. (imo they had a mature respect for each other and had done a deal between themselves to minimise damage to BRFC and within the same framework to allow Neill to maximise his earning power).

3. Neill as a refreshing change to most players wanting away was sticking to his obligations contained within that contract. Compare that to just about everybody else thats moved for financial gain.

Away you go rover2u.

Edited by thenodrog

As far as I am aware he still has his huge house in Turton which has been extended massively. It caused quite a storm locally.

It was an original five-bedroom house called Torra Manor, built in the grounds of Turton Golf Club, near to where Garry Flitcroft lives. The golf course is a few miles north of Bolton town centre.

Obviously a large five-bedroom house wasn't big enough for Lucas, who wanted a big rear extension to Torra Manor. The house is just inside the boundary of Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council and the plans were lodged there. The rear extension includes an indoor swimming pool and spa, a steam room, a lounge, gymnasium, bathrooms and a cinema room. I'm not kidding.

Dare I suggest a case of a big house for a big ego. But then again, size isn't everything, as some chaps are told.

I get on quite well with Gordon, so hopefully he won't say: "What the hell has Lucas Neill's house got to do with you?"

Anyway, local people were not terribly happy about Neill's house extension. There were concerns about the impact on the landscape.

I better not talk about the impact on the 'Green Belt' otherwise Colin will get into one of his stroppy moods and ask me for a precise explanation of Planning Policy Guidance on the 'Green Belt' - a field in which Colin is clearly an expert in and nobody else is allowed to have an opinion on.

As this post is only to do with one Australian immigrant rather than the impact of immigrants as a whole on our green and pleasant land, hopefully Colin won't get stroppy.

Neill and Brett Emerton are very similar. They are two good athletes - in great shape and very very fit. However it looks as if someone has spotted them at a young age, noticed their athletic prowess, and tried to turn them in to footballers. As a result, they do not have the natural ability that you would expect of Premiership footballers born and bred in football dominated countries.

That's a good point my friend and something that I've thought myself for a few years. Neill and Emerton are two good athletes and I can't knock them for that. They are both fit Aussie lads, but as for being naturally gifted footballers with an abundance of ability and skill, I'd suggest not.

What the hell is wrong with having a big bloody house, if I could afford it I would put a friggin theatre and indoor swimming pool in as well.

It is not about ego, it is about comfort

FFS some need to get a life. Compare his house to any other multi millionaire and it probably pales in comparison.

rover2u, I think some people stick up for Lucas purely to be controversial and to have an argument, possibly because they are uncomfortable with the prospect of having one face to face with someone in real life, or maybe they have had a bad day (life), who knows.

For example, in my recent post I stated that I had no real issue who Neill played for, but I felt it was his loss to go to an inferior club...his choice. What I did dislike was the arrogance he displayed last Sunday night in the Knowles, culminating in quite clearly using his fame to jump a very long and unhappy bar queue to get served quickly. The dim barmaid did know who he was and by the guilty look on her face knew she was doing something wrong as the rest of the punters looked on in disbelief.

Perhaps some individuals on here aren't au fait with the unwritten etiquette of queing but believe me, for those of us who do have a life away from starting arguments on this MB, hiding behind a keyboard, it is very annoying.

Of course very comment provokes a reaction, but I have noticed that to whatever degree one board member criticizes Neill, the defensive response is even more fiercely put. To me, unless some board members are closet West Ham fans, or part of the Neill family, the conviction behind these responses is more about having an argument than about actually representing their true feelings.

This is why you get frustrated grown men venting feelings about self esteem, drunkeness and childishness in response to quite straightforward posts.

Perhaps someone wanted to go out on Sunday night but wasn't allowed, I don't know, but I sense a lot of repressed anger on this board. :lol: Check the link I posted at the top of the page. People want to help.

Boo Lucas boo hiss hiss.

I wonder if you hate Shearer as much since he left far more dishonourably. He showed far less loyalty to Rovers by leaving the club when it suited himself and not keeping Rovers fully informed of the situation. Of course he isn't an arrogant aussie so you'll let him off. :rolleyes:

Shearer, Shearer, ra, ra, ra

Carp.

Perhaps some individuals on here aren't au fait with the unwritten etiquette of queing but believe me, for those of us who do have a life away from starting arguments on this MB, hiding behind a keyboard, it is very annoying.

Please help me out here .............. can anybody ever remember seeing a 'queue' in a busy pub?

btw Why are you being so personal Darth Paul? I do manage to get out occasionally you know. :rolleyes:

Edited by thenodrog

I just wouldn't have him back as his performances at the Whammers haven't been that good, gives away too many free kicks and is a liability, I'm sure we can do better. I'd rather we have Berner :D

Darth Paul - I agree with what you say regarding Neills attitude in the pub. Unfortunately that's a problem with a lot of footballers who like to go out. Anyone who used to see Dunny out round Accrington during his first spell at Rovers will know that.

I do have a problem with people who see Lucas as the anti-christ because he dared to want to leave Blackburn Rovers. Rover2U wasn't talking about events in the Knowles. He was talking about Lucas leaving and 'loyalty' to Blackburn. Neill left in one of the most dignified manners possible, keeping the club fully informed of the situation. So what if he wanted more money and a few years in London. It's his choice.

Most of us have Rovers in our blood for life. The likes of Neill, Shearer, Bentley and Santa Cruz don't. To them it's a job.

Edited by Hasta

Darth Paul - I agree with what you say regarding Neills attitude in the pub. Unfortunately that's a problem with a lot of footballers who like to go out. Anyone who used to see Dunny out round Accrington during his first spell at Rovers will know that.

I do have a problem with people who see Lucas as the anti-christ because he dared to want to leave Blackburn Rovers. Rover2U wasn't talking about events in the Knowles. He was talking about Lucas leaving and 'loyalty' to Blackburn. Neill left in one of the most dignified manners possible, keeping the club fully informed of their situation. So what if he wanted more money and a few years in London. It's his choice.

Most of us have Rovers in our blood for life. The likes of Neill, Shearer, Bentley and Santa Cruz don't. To them it's a job.

His gesture to the Blackburn End? Lying about his love of Liverpool and his burning desire to join them?

Yup, very dignified.

rover2u, I think some people stick up for Lucas purely to be controversial and to have an argument, possibly because they are uncomfortable with the prospect of having one face to face with someone in real life, or maybe they have had a bad day (life), who knows.

For example, in my recent post I stated that I had no real issue who Neill played for, but I felt it was his loss to go to an inferior club...his choice. What I did dislike was the arrogance he displayed last Sunday night in the Knowles, culminating in quite clearly using his fame to jump a very long and unhappy bar queue to get served quickly. The dim barmaid did know who he was and by the guilty look on her face knew she was doing something wrong as the rest of the punters looked on in disbelief.

Of course very comment provokes a reaction, but I have noticed that to whatever degree one board member criticizes Neill, the defensive response is even more fiercely put. To me, unless some board members are closet West Ham fans, or part of the Neill family, the conviction behind these responses is more about having an argument than about actually representing their true feelings.

This is why you get frustrated grown men venting feelings about self esteem, drunkeness and childishness in response to quite straightforward posts.

Perhaps someone wanted to go out on Sunday night but wasn't allowed, I don't know, but I sense a lot of repressed anger on this board. :lol: Check the link I posted at the top of the page. People want to help.

Paul,

if Neill's behaviour annoyed you, why didn't you say something?

I'm quite aware of queueing etiquette, and had that happened in front of me, then Neill would have been told in no uncertain terms. A loud "Oi" would have generated much support from those waiting, don't you think?

Perhaps it says more about you and your fellow imbibers than it does about Neill.

With regards to Neill's football, he's one of those that you either like or dislike. He had good games for the Rovers, had bad ones, pretty much like many other players. He's certainly not the most gifted of players, but he does give everything, and certainly a lot more than some of those that may be described as talented.

He was (and is) passionate about playing for his country. He has stated ambitions about developing the game here in Australia. To acheive those ends, he'll need plenty of cash, so on that basis I'll not criticise him for wanting to make as much as he can, whilst he can.

Edited by dave birch

His gesture to the Blackburn End? Lying about his love of Liverpool and his burning desire to join them?

Yup, very dignified.

His gesture towards the Blackburn End after he'd been booed by idiots for 90 minutes whilst still a Rovers player was rather trivial really.

It's irrelevant where he wanted to go. He'd told Rovers 18 months in advance that he was leaving giving them the option to cash in if they wanted to.

Shearer, Sutton, Bellamy, Hendry. All left of their own accord when it suited them.

Edited by Hasta

His gesture towards the Blackburn End after he'd been booed by idiots for 90 minutes whilst still a Rovers player was rather trivial really.

It's irrelevant where he wanted to go. He'd told Rovers 18 months in advance that he was leaving giving them the option to cash in if they wanted to.

Shearer, Sutton, Bellamy, Hendry. All left of their own accord when it suited them.

Why idiots? Because they expressed an opinion that differed from yours?

I dont think that our captain making gestures of that nature to the supporters of the club that stood by him after he broke Jamie Carragher's leg is trivial at all.

No. Because they boo their own players who are trying their hardest for the club.

Cue comments about Lucas being a liability for the last few months of his career.

Edited by Hasta

I dont think that our captain making gestures of that nature to the supporters of the club that stood by him after he broke Jamie Carragher's leg is trivial at all.

They didn't stand by him when he wanted to leave though.

Don't get me wrong, the fact that he left for West Ham and not Liverpool does not reflect well on him, but his attitude on the pitch was perfect, and he was well within his rights to show his frustration at being boo'd by his OWN SUPPORTERS. Maybe if he'd criticised the club/refused to play then that's fine. The fact is, he carried himself very well whilst at the club, and he doesn't get any credit for that.

Choosing West Ham for economic reasons was stupid IMO, but only he will know whether that was worth it when he retires. He's probably not that arsed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.