BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lucas Neill

He is Hughes' scapegoat. He will probably go onto Villa next and become a class defender. That boy has pure potential.

He has went from a world class England international, to a fat Man City pudding according to what alot of people have been saying.

I do agree with Hughesy though that he has pure potential and id jump at the chance of signing him.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has went from a world class England international, to a fat Man City pudding according to what alot of people have been saying.

I do agree with Hughesy though that he has pure potential and id jump at the chance of signing him.

I'd rather have Samba, Nelsen or Givet in the heart of our defence rather than him. Too many errors for my liking. Mind you, I wouldn't mind to have him at RB. Although he is a bit to erratic at times and loses the ball when up top.

Are you Alan Shearer by any chance? :rolleyes:

I'm sure LeChuck and Rev have turned down or never asked for a raise (and are still ignorant enough to forget the fact that it was Hughes' decision not to sell him when he was given 18 months notice that Lucas didn't want to re-sign).

People move employers all of the time. I've been at the same place for 9 years, but I'd be a liar if I said I've never looked at what else is out there in terms of money or opportunity.

For me though it wasn't him asking for a raise, it was the fact he put this request over any footballing ambition. It's foolish to compare football with any other job, for a start most of us have jobs where we still have to think about budgeting, where our money is enough to cover the means we live plus a bit more but not much more (obviously those "means" differ between people and their respective wealth though). Footballers on the other hand earn more money than they'll ever need. Also the career ambition in football is far more, if Bill Gates took over a non league side and started offering a million a week, none of the best players would take him seriously. Look at Man City and Kaka.

The fact he left us who were challenging for Europe, and turned down Liverpool, to play for a side who were deep in a relegation battle simply for the money on offer is a move that marks him out from even many other footballers, and that's saying something.

Edited by tony gale's mic

So no-one who has any talent works for a small company?

If someone went to work for a start-up instead of Microsoft, would you consider them to have no ambition?

I'm sure LeChuck and Rev have turned down or never asked for a raise (and are still ignorant enough to forget the fact that it was Hughes' decision not to sell him when he was given 18 months notice that Lucas didn't want to re-sign).

People move employers all of the time. I've been at the same place for 9 years, but I'd be a liar if I said I've never looked at what else is out there in terms of money or opportunity.

Football isn't just any old job though, is it? I don't really know how you can watch football if you view it like that.

If 30,000 people were paying £30+ to watch you do your job every week and indirectly paying your wages, you'd feel the need to be more loyal than in a regular job, wouldn't you?

I can't be arsed discussing this any further, I have a feeling you're on the wind-up as seems to be norm with your posts nowadays.

Edited by LeChuck

If I knew I only had 5-10 years of prime earnings potential (if I didn't get a career ending injury earlier), I'd make the most of it.

Don't see how I'm winding you up, just expressing an opinion you disagree with. That is allowed, isn't it?

Still waiting for your response to the Lucas telling Hughes he intended to leave and that it was Hughes' decision to let him run down his contract, not his. He never turned down a move after he said he wanted to leave, yet you insist on blaming him for doing what most people in that situation would.

What makes him any different than any of our other players who have left? They could have signed new contracts and stayed with the club.

Some furious defending of the indefensible by our convict cousins of their countrymen but it doesn't wash.

Average player earning a ludicrous wage, just like most of the rest.

What defending of the indefensible?

It was not the fault of Neill for taking what was offered...it was those people who were offering the ridiculous wages in the first place. No way is he worth those kind of wages but if someone sees fit to dangle them under his nose then it would be a very strange world in which he refused them...

Football isn't just any old job though, is it? I don't really know how you can watch football if you view it like that.

It obviously is to many of the players though. No doubt they enjoy their job but throughout the history of professional football (and before it turned professional for that matter) players have sought to leave their clubs to earn more money elsewhere.

Fergie Sutter did it for example...in 1880!!!

It is not a question of how you "view" it...it is just human nature.

Some furious defending of the indefensible by our convict cousins of their countrymen but it doesn't wash.

Average player earning a ludicrous wage, just like most of the rest.

:rolleyes: meh....

Could have been any player who was in the same position, there is no reason to defend him because he has nothing to answer to the supporters of Blackburn Rovers for.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.