BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preseasons - UK Ones

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is anyone else having trouble with the report on the rovers site. Mine's been stuck on 27mins since........well, 27mins.

And yes, i have refreshed it many times

332705[/snapback]

Mines fine, it stuck a bit on 40mins but i closed the window and reopened it!

Try another browser if your really stuck! I've got 3 biggrin.gif (firefox, IE, netscape)

or clear your cookies etc!

edit: mines still on 74mins! not updating mad.gif

Edited by modes98

Nice to see Sergio Peter involved. It's crucial to have someone competing with MGP on the left and hopefully Peter can do that this season. We're a bit thin on creative players so he may prove more than useful.

I wouldn't read too much into Thommo's absence; Gresko didn't play and Hughes has spoken about his readiness to give the Slovak a chance this campaign.

And finally, well done the Kuqi! I have my reservations but I'll be glad to be proved wrong if he continues on the goal trail when the real thing starts.

For those who would like to know, Rovers lined up 4-4-2 in both halves...

Friedel

Taylor Todd Nelsen Matteo

Johnson Flitcroft Tugay Gallagher

Bellamy Dickov

2nd half:

Enckelman

Harkins Mokoena McEveley Gray

Derbyshire Reid Douglas Peter

Kuqi Jansen

later on Reid and Harkins swapped

For those who would like to know, Rovers lined up 4-4-2 in both halves...

Friedel

Taylor Todd Nelsen Matteo

Johnson Flitcroft Tugay Gallagher

Bellamy Dickov

2nd half:

Enckelman

Harkins Mokoena McEveley Gray

Derbyshire Reid Douglas Peter

Kuqi Jansen

later on Reid and Harkins swapped

332745[/snapback]

any notable performances?

Bellamy was excellent first half, but you've all already commented on what I wrote. He linked up well with Dickov. But it was rather comfortable for us.

2nd half I thought Derbyshire, Peter, Jansen and Kuqi were lively.

rover.gif Just got home from Morecambe, nice start to the pre season pleasant sunshine and a decent crowd. Hard at this stage to tell how the players are going to fare this season. First half i was impressed with Tugay,s fitness level, he seemed the fittest player on the park. Bellamy and Dickov both looked bright. I was impressed with the young right back. Second half, what impressed me the most was Kuqi, not scared to have a shot, always keen for the ball, and yes he held it up well, even if his first touch was occasionally lacking. His goal well he took it very well, he got some space ran in to it and hit a good shot. Our defence looked shaky in the 2nd half.

I live in Bradford so dont always know whats going on at Rovers, but where was Savage, Amouroso, Thompson, Gresko. Hope they arent carrying injuries already.

Very enjoyable game.

Bellamy showed his pace once or twice, had a couple of shots blocked and will feel he should have scored. He got pole axed by the keeper for the pen.

Kuqi suprised me, after what I've read in here, I feared the worst. He played well, took his goal really well, thumped it past the keeper from the edge of the box. I feel he's going to put the wind up a few defences this season.

OK, they scored two in the second half, but the defence we put out for the second period was very weak.

Jansen did fine, Nelson was a rock.

All players and staff seemed very relaxed, more than happy to spend time chatting and signing autographs after the game.

Roll on the next, it's great to be up and runnung again.

Where was the ' there's only one F in Shefki ' chant?

Gate was 2700 pus a bit more. Didn't try the pies.

Edited by AggyBlue

Went myself today and can echo the comments made on the official site about it being a very enjoyable game.

As has already been said Bellamy was lively and put the willies up the Morecombe defence every time the ball went into open space. Linked up nicely with Dickov on occasions too and generally looked as though it will be the start of a good relationship between him and the fans, they loved him today.

From the first 45 minutes Nelsen was as cool and calm as ever, Gally and JJ industrious on the flanks although with little end product and Brad untroubled.

From the first 45's team though i thought young Andy Taylor at right back was excpetional (Maybe a tad OTT for a friendly). Seemed a very solid player who could not only defend well but be neat and tidy on the ball and use some trickery to get forward.

The second half was a lot more end to end with both sides being wasteful. Thought Sergio Peter looked very handy out on the left but sometimes took the wrong option, plenty of pace to burn though. Others to mention where Jay at CB who looked quite at home and Douglas who got stuck in too in the centre of midfield. Jansen received his usual reception from the rovers fans but was quite unlucky in front of goal, just needs that first goal to breed a bit of confidence.

Finally i best mention our other new signing Shefki Kuqi who had a sound debut. In the Dickov mould, covered a lot of ground today and was a threat in the air and down the flanks with his strength, scored a cracking goal too. Will certainly add a bit of brute force to the attack which often wilted at powerful defenders in the past.

Personally very disappointed with Jay at centre back. He was responsible for a goal and Gray had to do a lot of covering for him imo. Seems to be going backwards and he and Mokoena were very shaky. Flitty was his usual self raging around like a bull in a china shop, feet flying. Tugay seemed determined to lay someone out too! Still feel that Jay, Flitty and Douglas are wasteful of needed wages.

The youngsters did well on the whole. Dickov is getting back to fitness - spoke to him afterwards and he doesn't feel he's quite there but pleased to be back in action - what a pleasant guy he is!

Bellamy's going to be a big asset as we had hoped. Shefki - well what can I say. He gets around for a big lad and his goal was great stuff. Both Mattys were a nuisance. I was also very impressed with Dominic Matteo - only once did he need a map for a free kick. Nelsen and Todd were superb.

We had a very enjoyable afternoon in the sun and the new kit looked good too, as did the new lilac team coach ph34r.gif .

I know Vratti and Amo are still recovering from injuries and Lucas, Bert and MGP have an extra week's holiday, but where was Thommo?

We had a very enjoyable afternoon in the sun and the new kit looked good too, as did the new lilac team coach  ph34r.gif .

I know Vratti and Amo are still recovering from injuries and Lucas, Bert and MGP have an extra week's holiday, but where was Thommo?

332791[/snapback]

Lilac team coach because the usual one is currently in its way to Munich airport to pick up the team when they arrive this afternoon.

Savage, Tommo and Amo all had operations over summer, hence their absence. I expect them to go to Germany.

They were both wearing green tops and black shorts. The top didn't have any sponsorship on so a new goalkeeper kit has obviously not been produced.

332859[/snapback]

Brad's was in the first half I think....

Decent performance yesterday in the sunsheeeeeeeiiiiiine, was particularly impressed with my man Andy Taylor at right back, to say he is left footed and obviously out of position, it was an impressive performance! Pretty solid in defence, good in the air and did well going forward, few neat touches and tricks as well as a superbly flighted ball down the right wing to Dickov who then tripped over the ball!

Another one to watch is Sergio Peter who showed some potential with his fast tricky running. Could be a star in the making.

Bellamy showed his class and was loving the Kuq-meister who looks pretty skilful for a big guy, and his goal was superb!

Brad's was in the first half I think....

332881[/snapback]

Yes he was. The Lonsdale logo was on the neck at the front. The badge was in the middle with the sponsor underneath in the same style as the two kits. But in the second half Enckelman wore a plain green top with just the Lonsdale logo.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.