BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wayne Rooney,role Model?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes me laugh when people say "he's still young, give the boy a break" etc...but at 19, I never went to old lady prostitutes, I never hit a woman or swear at referees in sunday league games or swear at people who manage at work.

I'm pretty sure you get taught the opposite of the above by the age of 5, so he has no excuse really.

When you compare him to other young footballers, you don't see the likes of Peter Cech or Sendros going out and causing trouble do you...

A great footballing talent? Yes.

A great role model? No.

Personally feel he is CRAP.............

should implement some discipline in to his Head and Brain........

19 yrs old is not an excuse!!!!!  mad.gif

Bit of a sore head this morning eh?

Personally I think if you wish to slag someone off, you should reason and logic, otherwise you descend to the same level as erm... a certain 19 year old foul mouthed, under-educated, over-valued yet gifted football player who has a drain for a mouth and a very bad attitude

Actually, I blame the FA to a certain extent, as there is ample 'evidence' to charge such players with bringing the game into disrepute with the hundreds of video replays of players spouting off at referees, other players, fans etc. Just imagine the effect if it cost young Mr Rooney say £30K to £40K every time he was seen on TV being a foulmouthed yob. I'd say it would take around 2 to 3 seasons for the impact to filter down to grass roots level where I ply my trade as a referee, but boy would I be happy with the change!

As the bloke used to say in 'The Bionic Man'... "Gentlemen, we have the technology"!!

wink.gifrover.gif

A great footballing talent? Yes.

A great role model? No.

Well said Timmy.

Rooney is sponsored by Coca-Cola. The two of them are well suited to each other. Too much coke can rot your teeth and turn you into a crazed lunatic - which is what happened to Rooney on that shameful night in Madrid when he charged around the pitch like a demented bull, pushing the Spanish keeper over the stands and ripping his black armband off.

Last summer he had the opportunity to demonstrate a bit of loyalty to Everton. "Once a Blue, always a Blue," he said.

Instead he chose to spit in the face of Merseyside by joining the one club, the Red Scum, which unites both the blue and red half of Liverpool in loathing.

Edited by Anti Euro Smiths Fan

I do wish you'd stop banging on about this 'traitor to the city of Liverpool' tripe.

Should players ignore the chance to play for one of the world's biggest clubs because of some petty city rivalry? I think not.

Police have confirmed this afternoon that Wayne Rooney is to be charged with careless driving after being involved in a car crash which left a woman with whiplash injuries.

Greater Manchester police said in a statement: "A BMW X5 was in collision with a Nissan Primera. The 19-year-old male driver of the BMW from Cheshire has been reported for summons for driving without due care and attention."

In September last year Rooney was found guilty of failing to produce driving documents.

He was driving his BMW when he was pulled over by police. He was asked to produce his driving licence and insurance certificate at a police station, but failed to do so.

• 1 month later...

Paul Stretford, the football agent of Scouse chav Wayne Rooney, has been charged with a series of offences by the FA.

Among the string of offences that he's been charged with, Stretford has been accused by the FA of:

1) Making false and/or misleading witness statements to police,

2) Giving false and/or misleading testimony to Warrington Crown Court.

Wayne, currently on holiday with chavette girlfriend Colleen, and pictured here reading about Merseyside brothels and the best granny prostitutes to sleep with, declined to comment when asked if he or Mr Stretford were good role models....

user posted image

Link: Stretford charged over Rooney rights

pictured here reading about Merseyside brothels and the best granny prostitutes to sleep with, declined to comment when asked if he or Mr Stretford were good role models....

324838[/snapback]

Wow that's original.

Did Rooney try to kill one of your pets in the last year? You really have taken a dislike to the guy.

Edited by Rovermatt

Don't know about you lot but I reckon AESF has been on more crusades than Richard the Lionheart by now.

As for Rooney, well he doesn't come across too well in the media and did after all allow himself (presumably through bad advice and being too dumb to expect the flak he received) to be manipulated by The Sun to appeal to those still resentful of the Hillsbrough coverage so maybe that is what AESF is getting at with his 'traitor to the city of Liverpool' remark. As Souness found out when he sold the story of his heart operation when still Liverpool manager to that paper, the bitterness runs deep in the city to the old 'current bun' tabloid.

The media image of Rooney isn't too pleasant at times, particularly his constant harassment of referees, yet for some reason I doubt Wayne cares too much as he contemplates another luxury break or another expensive sports car.

If all the stories in the tabloids are true, Wayne has the image of a fat faced chav who needs to be beaten into line by his employers. It looks like his missus loves his credit card as much/more than him as well.

He comes across as a right tosser.

325824[/snapback]

Maybe that's because he is? wink.giftongue.gif

• 1 year later...

I reserve judgement until i see it, the analysis from gordon "man utd" McQueen on sky was so biased. The Scholes red card was a blatent red and he defended that so anybosy got a online link yet :P

Rooney isn't a malicious player just gets on the end of some rough decisions but does lose his temper when out of the game.

Edited by modes98

I reserve judgement until i see it, the analysis from gordon "man utd" McQueen on sky was so biased. The Scholes red card was a blatent red and he defended that so anybosy got a online link yet :P

It didn't help that there was a similiar incident seconds ealier involving a Porto player which went unpunished.

• 3 months later...

From Football 365's Mediawatch page:

'The energy generated by British soccer dynamo Wayne Rooney as he sprints around the pitch during a match is enough to boil water for 16 cups of tea, according to research published on Tuesday,' reports The Independent. 'The research is part of a programme to try to raise awareness in the face of the global warming crisis caused by burning fossil fuels.'

Alas, researchers were unable to calculate just how much energy a fuelled-up Rooney exerted in a Liverpool brothel last summer when he reportedly did his bit for the next generation by energising a burnt-out old fossil.

:lol:

There's nothing snobbish about expecting good behaviour anyway. Time was when working class parents were the greatest disciplinarians. Ordinary folk like me would never have dared let our parents or family down by letting anyone sugest we were badly brought up. We might have been broke but we knew how to show respect where it was appropriate.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.