BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jon Obi Mikel

The Mikel-deal is turning into quite the soap-opera over here in Norway.

Here is a bried synopsis of events

-Mikel is supposedly on his way to Chelsea, stated earlier this year

-"I was misquoted" says Mikel later

Time passes

-Mikel has a fantastic start to his Lyn carreer.

- Man Utd signs the player i the highest priced deal in Norway ever. Formerly Carew to Valencia for about ?6M

- Chelsea furious, claims Mikel was their to sign

- Mikel reportedly cancells his contract with is agent prior to signing for ManU

- Agents, yes plural, flies to Norway to discuss matters with Mikel and Lyn

-Meanwhile Mikel has been getting deaththreats from football fans and is in hiding.

- Mikel is missing from the team meeting before todays cupgame.....Lyn is worried. He however shows up about an hour late.

- 2 hours later Lyn calls the police to have them stop a car carrying Mikel and his agent.

- Mikel is talking to his agent

- Mikel now wants to go to Chelsea.... claims he was mislead by Lyn (to sign for ManU)

I can't wait for next weeks episode... tongue.gifunsure.gif

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why the rest of you are being so negative to rainmaker. I am fascinated to find out what happens next in this Manc v Chelski scrap.

The transfer thread is full of stories about players who will never play for Rovers- at least this one is relying on a Norwegian uncle's mate who cleans the loos at Lyn. wink.gif (aka Henning Berg)

I don't know why the rest of you are being so negative to rainmaker. I am fascinated to find out what happens next in this Manc v Chelski scrap.

Me too,

Now that The Scum have nicked this boy wonder from under the noses of Chelsea, after the latter did the same to the former with Robben.

It's like seeing the two people you hate the most squaring up for a fight.

Marvellous stuff.

The lad has been reported as a missing person to the Norwegian police. With multiple "agents" each in line for a big fee depending on which club signs him, this could turn nasty if there are shady characters involved.

Probably a storm in a teacup but who knows, Mikel could become as famous as Bosman if this leads to reform of the agents system.

Also ManU-officials have apparently arrived in Olso to get Mikel to Englad ASAP. Originally he was to leave Lyn next January.

Oh, and I'm sorry for starting a non-Rovers topic. Please continue to discuss Arsenals 7-0 defeat of Everton and Terry Venables' carreer..... blink.gif

Probably a storm in a teacup but who knows, Mikel could become as famous as Bosman if this leads to reform of the agents system.

One can only hope!! laugh.gif

Oh, and I'm sorry for starting a non-Rovers topic. Please continue to discuss Arsenals 7-0 defeat of Everton and Terry Venables' carreer..... blink.gif

hahahah, brilliant.

far to much bitchin and point scoring on the board. top marks rainmaker tinykit.gif

Edited by mark

Yeah something like that.

It is my understanding that the initial deal is in the ?3M region, rising to possibly about ?8M in the next few years. So it is reported by the media here at least

The jist(that has not mentioned earlier) of the lastest link is that

- Mikel in London to meet with Chelsea

- Ferguson not comeing to Oslo anyway?

- ManU and Lyn will press charges against the agents, both in Norway and in England

Edited by Rainmaker

What a seedy story. All these (presumably white and wealthy) men claiming to own a young lad from Africa.

I get the feeling something really nasty is going to happen with this one...

Excuse me but what has this to do with Rovers? Unless of course he is Hughes' next transfer in.

What an idiot you are. You can't talk Rovers 24/7, there'd be nothing left after about an hour. It is a football forum. This story is genuinely interesting and could have some dire consequences.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.