BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Citeh To Sack Barton?

im sure if you get a ciggar stubbed out on your face the guy will be have the scar(sp) for life!!

it happened to one of my mates before but with a fag a few years ago and he still has the scar(sp).

334770[/snapback]

it happed to me a few years back with a fag on my hand...left a big hole for a year of so but its fully healed over now, just a tiny scar.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really think that only people who have a tendency to get aggressive when they are drunk have their reactions and perceptions dulled by alcohol?

334560[/snapback]

No I dont, tests do indeed prove that drink affects the reactions but my point is that whilst studying at the University of Life it is remarkable that the people whose character type react to alcohol by becoming aggressive were nearly always the ones to speed excessively after drink, drive aggressively (spot the connection?)and beyond their natural ability and subsequently crash, get napped and get banned.

Hope that helps abate your keen sense of astonishment Dan

Edited by thenodrog

it happed to me a few years back with a fag on my hand...left a big hole for a year of so but its fully healed over now, just a tiny scar.

334833[/snapback]

You should really stop going to those kind of clubs then wink.gif

I've just seen on ITV news that Barton's brother is wanted in connection with the murder of Anthony Walker. Michael Barton and another man are being reported as having fled the country since the incident on Merseyside and have been named by the police as men they would really like to speak to.

Taking into account what we already know about Joey Barton's history, I leave you to draw your own conclusions about this particular family.

I posted the very same last night and it appears to have disappeared.  God knows why as it's on the BBC website.

336137[/snapback]

I moved it last night, there was no mention in the BBC LINK that you posted to Barton at City.

Whilst I'm at it, I also moved the reply to your post last night, on the grounds of bad taste.

I've just seen on ITV news that Barton's brother is wanted in connection with the murder of Anthony Walker.  Michael Barton and another man are being reported as having fled the country since the incident on Merseyside and have been named by the police as men they would really like to speak to.

Taking into account what we already know about Joey Barton's history, I leave you to draw your own conclusions about this particular family.

336121[/snapback]

Lovely people i'm sure

• 2 years later...

Whilst I remain very unhappy about the rule changes to this messageboard, I've decided over the last couple of days to carry on posting about football. (Probably much to the annoyance of those who were hoping to get rid of me!)

I completely disagree with the rule changes. It feels like I've been gagged and I don't like being gagged....

However, onto Joey Barton, who is a disgrace to football in my view. After the 'cigar incident' in which Barton pushed a lighted cigar into the eye of his former Man City team mate Jamie Tandy, (who doctors say was fortunate not to lose his sight in one eye) Barton claimed afterwards that he was a changed man and that he had learned lessons from the incident. Yeah right....

I suppose the phrase to use in Barton's case is "Once a toerag, always a toerag".

Since the 'cigar incident', Barton has been arrested for assault and criminal damage following an altercation with a taxi driver in Liverpool, he has been involved in an incident on the Man City training ground when he apparently punched team-mate Dabo several times in the face while he was on the floor, he's been involved in dreadful stamps on players like Tugay and at the Stadium of Light on Saturday he made another appalling challenge on a player, with his studs going into Etuhu's thigh.

After the cigar incident, a snivelling Barton claimed in the media that he was "a changed man". What a load of rubbish!

sfnmac03.jpgbarton_1111_2.jpg

It's not just in the world of football that we have thugs though. A rugby player in Wales has today been jailed for 15 months for stamping on an opponent's head.

Link: Rugby player jailed for stamp

Although I understand your point but from reading that I gather the rugby lad was a amatuer player. Now I wonder what would have happened if he was Johnny Wilkinson or that guy Charlotte Church is with did said deed I really doubt it would have ended up in court.

In football there was that lad from Barrow that got sent down last year for breaking a Bristol City players jaw yet nothing has been done about Bartons assault on Dabo.

Whilst I remain very unhappy about the rule changes to this messageboard, I've decided over the last couple of days to carry on posting about football. (Probably much to the annoyance of those who were hoping to get rid of me!)

Well that's good news AESF.

I completely disagree with the rule changes. It feels like I've been gagged and I don't like being gagged....

You can say whatever you want, but on someone elses' site.

I've had enough of Joey Barton and I've had enough of the FA condoning violence in the sport by taking no action against persistent offenders.

BBC - no action against barton

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...rem/7089442.stm

"To take any further action would be tantamount to re-refereeing the game."

No - it would be tantamount to applying the laws of the game to an offender who has not been punished for violent conduct you useless swines.

It wont happen of course but lets hope the mags sack him cos I'd wager Hughes would sign him in an instant ....... and imo he'd be exactly the player that we need. All he'd need would be a bit of astute management.

Edited by thenodrog

It wont happen of course but lets hope the mags sack him cos I'd wager Hughes would sign him in an instant ....... and imo he'd be exactly the player that we need. All he'd need would be a bit of astute management.

I used to think the same thing and shouted loudly how we could really use him. But now after his antics last year in our FA Cup clash and his antics this past weekend, I don't think any amount of management can salvage this guy. He's unstable and doesn't have that filter that most players have that prevents you from acting out on the thoughts you get in the heat of the moment. We've only just gotten out from under that Bully Boy tag and that would come right back at us if he signed. I'd prefer Hughes to go for an unknown than get the known bully. He thinks he's so hard because he's a scouse from a rough neighborhood, trying to keep it real when all he is is a cheap shot artist.

And a bit of talent.

Joey Barton isn't a very good footballer. He was absymal against Sunderland. His ball retention was awful.

And a bit of talent.

Joey Barton isn't a very good footballer. He was absymal against Sunderland. His ball retention was awful.

He's just come back from a long injury lay-off and will take time to get back up to speed. He's a top footballer and, if judged purely on footballing ability, would walk into our central midfield. He'd be a great signing for us, but I don't expect Big Sam to let him go anytime soon.

The day that Rovers sign a violent criminal like Barton will be the day I stop supporting them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.