BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Citeh To Sack Barton?

Well at least Joey wasn't swinging an axe about the other night - maybe we should congratulate him , send him on safari with a counsellor or whatever ......

I wonder what became of those little bguggers that were sent on expensive holidays to try and mend their ways? Guineas to nuts that they are either inside or due inside. Anybody shed any light on the results of the 'experiment' to send social workers on exotic and wildly expensive holidays...... with a fistful of travellers cheques and some teenage low life in tow?

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Barton arrived with imprisonable charges already hanging over him, if Newcastle's contract doesn't cater for what happens if he got sent down and if he got into any more bother then I have absolutely no sympathy for them.

They have had prior experience with Bellamy and didn't one or both of Dyer and Bowyer get into some serious trouble as well?

Just as well the Newcastle shirt has bars on it- gets the players aclimatised to their new abode.

Barton faces 6 months sentence. If that Times article is true, this incident looks bad for BFS- giving him the OK to be in Liverpool and personally vouching for Barton's good behaviour to the board. BFS is history unless he pulls some spectacularly good results in the next few days.

Edited by philipl

Another story about Barton, appearing in today's Daily Mail ...

A team-shirt was being passed around the bus for players to sign, it belonged to a youth team player.

Everyone signed, bar Barton ... who smeared food on it.

I'm sure another one of those horribly-diostorted stories about our Joey, by people lining up to do a hatchet job on him. :huh:

He's trouble with a capital T but as a player he would be just what we need.

Why Drog?

I don't think we need a midfield battler at all, what we desperately crave is someone with a touch of creativity who can support and supply the front men. Barton is really just a higher class version of Mokoena or Savage, and no better than a fully fit Reid. I'd have Huddlestone much further up my wanted list than Barton in terms of what our midfield needs right now.

It's a disgrace that people who should be setting a good example as role models, who earn more money in a year than most will in a life time and who play the sport they love can commit crimes over and over and get away with it every time.

I'll be honest, I haven't even read the article on what he did as yet, but I'll bet you anything he gets off scot free. He could kill a man and probably get a slap on the wrist, any footballer could. The only way he'll learn and the only way a good example can be set is for him to serve a full sentence and to be given no special treatment.

• 4 months later...

BBC Radio news are reporting Barton has been jailed for 6 months, though there is no web confirmation of this yet.

Not good news for the boy, but I suspect this is not the last of it-cue SuperLawyer intervention funded by Ashleys wadge.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.