BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Citeh To Sack Barton?

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if Newcastle will hold onto him. Easy grounds for sacking him without compensation, the fans hate him, he has been poor under allerdyce and average under Keegan this season, awful PR, Keegan didn't buy him. Loads going against him.

For his own good it would probably be better for him to get sacked, take a step back and then pull himself together.

In the light of what Judge Henry Globe QC said of Joey Barton, that he was guilty of "a violent and cowardly attack" - telling the Newcastle midfielder: "You drank to excess and behaved in an aggressive, disgraceful manner", I wondered whether any of the chaps on this M/B who were praising Barton's qualities as a footballer last summer and indicating that they would like to see Mark Hughes sign Barton for Rovers, might now have actually changed their minds?

Barton is an odious creature who could have dragged the name of Blackburn Rovers into the gutter if he had signed for us. A man who drank 10 pints of lager and five bottles of lager before carrying out a "violent and cowardly attack" outside McDonald's.

"You were restrained by others but ignored them and acted in an extremely violent and aggressive manner," said the judge. Hardly the actions of a dedicated professional is it? For a start he shouldn't be drinking so heavily. Secondly to act in such a violent manner which has now led to him being jailed, means that he is not fulfilling his responsibilities as a pro footballer.

The court heard that Barton had knocked a man to the ground, then straddled him and punched him four or five times as his cousin threw food at the victim. Barton then punched the man up to 15 times more before then attacking a 16-year-old, punching him and leaving him with broken teeth.

In the light of the "extremely violent and aggressive" attack from Barton, I'd be interested to know if any of the gentlemen below would still like to see Rovers buy Joey Barton ?

I'd love to see Joey down at Ewood, he's just the kinda player we need

We should sign Joey Barton in summer, along with Nugent from Preston and Bellamy from Liverpool.

I'd have him like a shot, quality player carrying a very average team. I've seen him play teams on his own for City, who have we got capable of that ?

I do believe however that Barton would be a very good addition to our squad, which is in danger of becoming a bit lightweight and soft now that we have parted company with Dickov and Lucash and Todd looks likely to follow.

Barton has become too big at City. Whichever club he ends up at he will be the new boy, and certainly won't be able to behave likes he owns the place.

I'd be delighted if he came to Ewood. He's a good player, better than Savage and Reid imo, and we'd hopefully get him on the cheap if City ship him out. His personal problems are well documented but I suspect most of it is born out of frustration at having to play in City's team week in week out.

I agree with Scotty, he's a very good player and I wouldn't mind seeing him at Ewood. He's a more talented version of Savage and if he can keep his head down he could turn into a very good premiership player. I think he's entirely capable of keeping quiet, he hasn't been that bad in the past couple of seasons except for being very openly critical about the team, which is more bred out of frustration and the sign of a footballer who actually cares then simply a mental case.

In the light of what Judge Henry Globe QC said of Joey Barton, that he was guilty of "a violent and cowardly attack" - telling the Newcastle midfielder: "You drank to excess and behaved in an aggressive, disgraceful manner", I wondered whether any of the chaps on this M/B who were praising Barton's qualities as a footballer last summer and indicating that they would like to see Mark Hughes sign Barton for Rovers, might now have actually changed their minds?

Barton is an odious creature who could have dragged the name of Blackburn Rovers into the gutter if he had signed for us. A man who drank 10 pints of lager and five bottles of lager before carrying out a "violent and cowardly attack" outside McDonald's.

"You were restrained by others but ignored them and acted in an extremely violent and aggressive manner," said the judge. Hardly the actions of a dedicated professional is it? For a start he shouldn't be drinking so heavily. Secondly to act in such a violent manner which has now led to him being jailed, means that he is not fulfilling his responsibilities as a pro footballer.

The court heard that Barton had knocked a man to the ground, then straddled him and punched him four or five times as his cousin threw food at the victim. Barton then punched the man up to 15 times more before then attacking a 16-year-old, punching him and leaving him with broken teeth.

In the light of the "extremely violent and aggressive" attack from Barton, I'd be interested to know if any of the gentlemen below would still like to see Rovers buy Joey Barton ?

Barton>AESF

I don't think anyone could sort him out. The man is an animal, always has been and always will be and nothing will change that. I've read a few interviews where he pleads that he is a changed character or that it was down to booze but it's happened to many times on and off the pitch for it to be something that could be worked on. I very much doubt Newcastle will sack him but more likely move on to a club like West Ham. I'd be very disappointed and even more surprised if we went anywhere near him.

He'd be bloody cheap and we cannot afford to be be choosy and he is just the type that Hughes could turn into a top player. I rem the Clough / Taylor partnership doing much the same with many misfits and bad boys at Forest (Stan Bowles being the notable exception) and he won them the European Cup! Bellamy I must say that I wouldn't have minded us signing him when he was playing well. Mokoena / Reid have not replaced the Flitcroft role nor anywhere near and we need to. BUT for one reason or another his form has suffered since his 'troubles'.

...... btw anybody see the film Clockwork Orange? :rolleyes:

He'd be bloody cheap and we cannot afford to be be choosy and he is just the type that Hughes could turn into a top player. I rem the Clough / Taylor partnership doing much the same with many misfits and bad boys at Forest (Stan Bowles being the notable exception) and he won them the European Cup! Bellamy I must say that I wouldn't have minded us signing him when he was playing well. Mokoena / Reid have not replaced the Flitcroft role nor anywhere near and we need to. BUT for one reason or another his form has suffered since his 'troubles'.

They turned wildman Kenny Burns from a journeyman midfielder/makeshift striker into one of the most feared centre backs in Europe.

Clockwork Orange Theno' last time I went down that road I got banned lol

Moloko plus all round!

Edited by yoda

I think a lot will depend on what happens with the Dabo case and how much jail time he gets for that if he's found guilty, even if the club do sack him he won't be available on a free as they will keep his registration so that they can ask for compensation if anyone wants to sign him (like Chelsea did with Mutu)

He was poor under Allardyce but he was getting played on the wings so fat Sam could accommodate Alan Smith in midfield, he's looked much better under Keegan though and he's played a big part in making the new formation work by the amount of ground he covers over the left side of the pitch, I think Keegan will push to keep him.

can't afford to be choosy? Are you kidding?

The 'man' is a complete sorry excuse for a human being. He's a coward, who has bought misery on many people he's decided to attack.

All this talk of 'hughes will sort him out' is absolute nonsense. He's a member of this country's underclass who has zero respect for anyone else or anything.

I would not want him anywhere near our football club.

Newcaslte are apparently considering the sentence??? I couldnt really get my head around this as I drove home tonight.

Newcastle have to understand that BARTON pleaded GUILTY to these two offences and has another s20 wounding offence that is going to trial. I wonder if they are considering sacking him for breach of contract?

Well said Andy.

I'm not sure why anyone on here things a mere football manager can sort Barton out, he clearly has far more problems than that. He's spent time with professionals at the Sporting Chance Clinic who deal with people like him for a living, and those people have failed to get him under control.

He's obviously in with a very bad crowd, and I don't think a few months away from them will be enough for him to make a clean break and get his life back on track. I can't believe anyone would want him at our club.

:

The difference is, Mr Silly Billy, is that the Clough misfits weren't nasty violent yobs ; the last thing that bullyboys-dirty-northern-@#/?s-the-club-the-media-loves-to-hate Blackburn Rovers needs on its books is the most reviled footballer in English football.

Please engage brain next time Gordon.

Stubbed a cigar out in a youth players eye and then attacked the club captain, attacked another teammate from behind in training and now convicted of assault. I'm sorry but we CAN afford to be choosy about morons like this and frankly, if you believe we can't, then you hold the club in pretty low esteem imho. We should have, and I believe we will have, more dignity than that. West Ham on the other hand...

You sound like a man who has never got drunk before and regretted what you were told you did the night before. I do not condone his actions But I also cannot say I have never lost my temper with somebody - and later regretted doing so - also being shocked at my own behaviour. I can never say that i have never made a mistake before. I am not trying to defend Joey Barton - or anybody else who behaves in that way. If we put money and stardome into the hands of young and inmature people, there will always be a loose cannon.

The reality is JB can play football - would we like his FOOTBALL TALENT in Rovers side, then of course the answer is yes we would. His behaviour and attitude we would not want. It is possible that this short prison sentence might make him wake up and take a long look at himself, (I believe his brother went to jail also) to the extent he totally changes his way of life, yet retain his football talent.

He didn't make "one mistake" he made a series of boneheaded decisions that would have him in jail for much longer than 6 months if he weren't a professional footballer. He's no better than most of the people he will be in there with.

Result.

That little souse thug has got his just desserts. No-one should go thoughout their lives beating people up at the slightest provacation and get away with it. Hopefully the Dabo case will extend his stay in prison. He has a two year ban on my Football manager game as well!

Speaking for what he can do on the pitch, I wouldn't want him. He's only occaisionally good, and often gets angry and dirty. With our reputation, he'd get 8 red cards per season.

A bit wickled and cruel of Anti Europe Smiths to take the mickey out of those who wanted to bring Barton to Ewood. But also quite clever and deserved.

I would never want to see someone like Barton at Ewood at any price - literally.

As someone once mentioned on the lee Bowyer thread " I would not touch him with a Barge pole .... unless it was to push him under.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.