BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Citeh To Sack Barton?

Vile scumbag Joey Barton has been spared a second spell in prison today when he was given a four-month suspended sentence for attacking his former Man City team-mate Ousmane Dabo.

Barton at first claimed he acted in self-defence in punching Dabo, but changed his plea to guilty yesterday. He admitted to a charge of assault occasioning actual bodily harm. It's the third time that Barton has been in court during 2008.

The court heard that Barton punched Dabo up to five times, leaving him unconscious and in blood on the ground. Dabo missed several matches for City after he was treated in hospital for the effects of head trauma, an inflamed eye and bruised eyelids.

According to Radio 5 Live football reporter Juliette Ferrington, Newcastle FC have denied newspaper reports that Barton has been sacked from the club. "One thing Joey Barton does have is the support of his manager Kevin Keegan," said Ferrington.

Shame on you Kevin Keegan.

Barton is a man currently serving time after he drank 10 pints of lager and five bottles of lager before carrying out a "violent and cowardly attack" outside McDonald's. The crazed Scouse nutter was given a six-month prison sentence for assault, but may be released shortly in the coming days. "You drank to excess and behaved in an aggressive, disgraceful manner," said the judge in that case.

Does Keegan believe that doctors, teachers, nurses, traffic wardens, postmen etc should be allowed to keep their jobs if they are found guilty twice of serious assault?

If not, then why does Keegan apparently seem to believe that it's okay for footballers? Does Keegan think that drinking to excess and behaving "in an aggressive, disgraceful manner" is compatible with being a professional footballer? How many second chances does this odious creature deserve?

After the notorious 'cigar case', when Barton pushed a lighted cigar into the eye of a Man City youth player, a snivelling Barton promised that he had learned lessons and would change his behaviour. That went out of the window afterwards, and I'm sickened at the number of second chances this loathsome man seems to get.

If Newcastle FC allow Barton to continue to play for them at St James' Park, then for me it's a sad indictment of the football industry in this country.

I hope that Mr Keegan is able to see the CCTV footage that Greater Manchester Police have just released of Barton outside McDonald's in Liverpool punching his victim off his feet and then continuing to hit him. We've got major problems in this country with drunken street violence in our inner cities and the disgusting Joey Barton embodies that.

To see the CCTV footage of Barton's attack in Liverpool, click on the link below from The Times and press play.

CCTV footage here

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vile scumbag Joey Barton has been spared a second spell in prison today when he was given a four-month suspended sentence for attacking his former Man City team-mate Ousmane Dabo.

Barton at first claimed he acted in self-defence in punching Dabo, but changed his plea to guilty yesterday. He admitted to a charge of assault occasioning actual bodily harm. It's the third time that Barton has been in court during 2008.

The court heard that Barton punched Dabo up to five times, leaving him unconscious and in blood on the ground. Dabo missed several matches for City after he was treated in hospital for the effects of head trauma, an inflamed eye and bruised eyelids.

According to Radio 5 Live football reporter Juliette Ferrington, Newcastle FC have denied newspaper reports that Barton has been sacked from the club. "One thing Joey Barton does have is the support of his manager Kevin Keegan," said Ferrington.

Shame on you Kevin Keegan.

Barton is a man currently serving time after he drank 10 pints of lager and five bottles of lager before carrying out a "violent and cowardly attack" outside McDonald's. The crazed Scouse nutter was given a six-month prison sentence for assault, but may be released shortly in the coming days. "You drank to excess and behaved in an aggressive, disgraceful manner," said the judge in that case.

Does Keegan believe that doctors, teachers, nurses, traffic wardens, postmen etc should be allowed to keep their jobs if they are found guilty twice of serious assault?

If not, then why does Keegan apparently seem to believe that it's okay for footballers? Does Keegan think that drinking to excess and behaving "in an aggressive, disgraceful manner" is compatible with being a professional footballer? How many second chances does this odious creature deserve?

After the notorious 'cigar case', when Barton pushed a lighted cigar into the eye of a Man City youth player, a snivelling Barton promised that he had learned lessons and would change his behaviour. That went out of the window afterwards, and I'm sickened at the number of second chances this loathsome man seems to get.

If Newcastle FC allow Barton to continue to play for them at St James' Park, then for me it's a sad indictment of the football industry in this country.

I hope that Mr Keegan is able to see the CCTV footage that Greater Manchester Police have just released of Barton outside McDonald's in Liverpool punching his victim off his feet and then continuing to hit him. We've got major problems in this country with drunken street violence in our inner cities and the disgusting Joey Barton embodies that.

To see the CCTV footage of Barton's attack in Liverpool, click on the link below from The Times and press play.

CCTV footage here

Barton sounds like some far right thug.

• 4 weeks later...

Keegan gives Barton yet another chance

Keegan talks about Barton "deserving a second chance" - but the scouse lout has had numerous second chances and he continually fails to change and improve his thuggish behaviour.

Keegan says of Barton: "He's had his problems" - but they are "problems" entirely of this selfish thug's own making. Nobody else is to blame except himself.

Do we say that the Yorkshire Ripper had "problems", that Ian Huntley had "problems"? They are criminals and Joey Barton is a criminal too. He's not a murderer, but he's a drunken thug and after his disgraceful street violence, he doesn't deserve my sympathy for his so-called "problems".

Keegan says that Barton is "a much-changed character" - but that's been the rhetoric of other managers too in recent years. Stuart Pearce claimed that Barton was "a changed character" after the appalling incident when he thrust a lighted cigar into the eye of a youth team player. Sam Allardyce claimed that Barton was "a changed character" when he signed him for Newcastle last summer.

But each time, Barton lets down his manager and lets down his club and his team-mates. I'm frankly sick of the number of "second chances" that this vile scumbag gets and the number of occasions that this so-called "changed character" proves himself time and again to be a selfish thug who doesn't change and learn lessons.

If Newcastle FC had sacked Barton it would have sent out a clear message that thuggery and violence is not acceptable in the community. But by continually giving this selfish lout chance after chance, the message Newcastle FC are sending out is that they don't give a damn about morality and decent standards of behaviour - clearly they care more about money than about the victims of drunken street violence.

Shame on you Kevin Keegan and Mike Ashley.

Edited by Anti Euro Smiths Fan

Keegan gives Barton yet another chance

Keegan talks about Barton "deserving a second chance" - but the scouse lout has had numerous second chances and he continually fails to change and improve his thuggish behaviour.

Keegan says of Barton: "He's had his problems" - but they are "problems" entirely of this selfish thug's own making. Nobody else is to blame except himself.

Do we say that the Yorkshire Ripper had "problems", that Ian Huntley had "problems"? They are criminals and Joey Barton is a criminal too. He's not a murderer, but he's a drunken thug and after his disgraceful street violence, he doesn't deserve my sympathy for his so-called "problems".

Keegan says that Barton is "a much-changed character" - but that's been the rhetoric of other managers too in recent years. Stuart Pearce claimed that Barton was "a changed character" after the appalling incident when he thrust a lighted cigar into the eye of a youth team player. Sam Allardyce claimed that Barton was "a changed character" when he signed him for Newcastle last summer.

But each time, Barton lets down his manager and lets down his club and his team-mates. I'm frankly sick of the number of "second chances" that this vile scumbag gets and the number of occasions that this so-called "changed character" proves himself time and again to be a selfish thug who doesn't change and learn lessons.

If Newcastle FC had sacked Barton it would have sent out a clear message that thuggery and violence is not acceptable in the community. But by continually giving this selfish lout chance after chance, the message Newcastle FC are sending out is that they don't give a damn about morality and decent standards of behaviour - clearly they care more about money than about the victims of drunken street violence.

Shame on you Kevin Keegan and Mike Ashley.

The trouble is they spent a lot of money on him, I do not condon what he did I would like to believe his stint inside has woken him up to what he has almost lost, but i doubt it.

Even if Newcastle had made the move to sack him, ala Plymouth Arygle with McCormick another premier league club would just have given him a contract. Remember lee hughes had a contract before he even got out of the slammer, McCormick will be no different!

Its a sad state of affairs, Barton is a good player and alot was thought of him when he was younger and it was no coincedence that the 3 games he managed for newcastle towards the tail end co-incided with them returning to winning ways. Its just the fact he's a muppet with no self control and serious anger issues, just look at his brother.

Its a bizarre game nowadays Dwain chambers uses drugs to give himself a advantage and no-one in atheletics will touch him, banned for life from the Olympics. But footballers get another contract a second chance, third chance etc. What a sorry state of affairs!

I agree with Majiball and Mrs. Lovejoy. Shame on Newcastle for giving this little ____ his job back. I don't care if he cost lots of money, he had previous with all the stuff that happened at Man City. He should be sent to the dole queue just like anyone else who behaves like that.

Unbelievable, if I had been found guilty of assault just once in my job I would of been sacked, Barton just seems to welcomed back into the fold everytime he screws up, so maybe next time when he goes out of control and just maybe puts somebody in a coma or even kills them then is that the time to say well now we'll sack him.

Barton should have been taken out of football a long time ago.

Edited by Grabbi Graeme

Barton is a disgrace, in no other job could he get away with the things he has done without being sacked.

I dunno about that. There aren't many building sites/groundworking companies where the majority of employees havn't got previous.

If Barton isn't allowed to play football professionally it's down to those of us paying taxes to keep him for the rest of his days. Let him play on.

........as long as it isn't for us.

I dunno about that. There aren't many building sites/groundworking companies where the majority of employees havn't got previous.

Correct Mr C. I was just thinking about scaffolders in particular when I read your response. I think DD must work in the public sector. ^_^

I've no real problem except for

1. Pro footballers are looked on as role models for youngsters (except for the blind eye continually and inexplicably turned toward the swearing and dissent issues.)

2. Barton truly shocked me on TV. When interviewed he really appeared bedevilled by internal demons imo.

Joey Barton Speaks out:-

"The first day's the toughest, no doubt about it. They march you in, hand you your uniform and force you to pose for the photographer while loads of fat, tattooed, skinheads shout abuse at you. That's when you know it's for real. A whole life blown away in the blink of an eye. Nothing left but all the time in the world to think about it. That's when it hits home. That's when you realise you've signed for Newcastle."

Correct Mr C. I was just thinking about scaffolders in particular when I read your response. I think DD must work in the public sector. ^_^

My fiancee's brother is a scaffolder, and her other brother owned a scaffolding company :D . The former is indeed a right handful.

Barton is a mental head who has psychological problems. Too crazy to ever play in Rovers' colours. He should be sacked, and then helped by the PFA to sort his head out otherwise he'll be an ex-player with no skills and no future. It is strange how his brother is also violent.

Apologies if this has already been discussed:

Barton charged by FA.

You have to feel slightly sorry for Newcastle but surely they knew what they were getting when they signed him. He was under investigation for the assault he was convicted of when they signed him and the FA were bound to take action at some point as they've done exactly that before with other players. Don't sign a player with a court case pending against him which involved a former teammate at the training ground I would say...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.