BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Citeh To Sack Barton?

£64,000-a-week train fare dodger Barton is sent off in disgrace again.....

I'm afraid that with Big Sam any type of ethics or sense of morality goes completely out of the window. Allardyce would probably be happy to spend money on a dangerous-driving road killer like Lee Hughes or a convicted paedophile like Graham Rix.

Allardyce would probably see nothing wrong with picking The Yorkshire Ripper or Osama Bin Laden if he thought they could come up with a goal or two for Rovers. There's no sense of Big Sam ever being put off by somebody's criminality.

Barton's an idiot and we all know that, but you then seem to go off track and have a go at Sam for signing hin for Newcastle, like anyone on here cares about that, unless your using it as an excuse to have a go at Alladyce.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post as usual AESF, but on this occassion I beg to differ.

In a minority of one and it won't happen, but I would be happy to see JB playing midfield in a Rovers shirt next season. He's far and away better than anyone we've got.

Get lost - (missed this) nobody is that thick or so poorly capable of judging personality or talent. Wind up merchant.

Wouldn't want him within 100 miles of Ewood Park. The guy is a complete scumbag who is obviously mentally unstable. He's a good player, when he isn't in jail, suspended by the league or his club or injured. We should look else where for a central midfielder. Joey Barton doesn't deserve to be playing in the Premier League.

• Backroom

Newcastle fans are saying the reason Barton gets sent off and yellow carded so often is because "his past is in the back of the referees mind".

Whose fault is that?

No sympathy for Barton at all. I hope his past actions do result in him getting treated unfairly, he deserves it.

Newcastle fans are saying the reason Barton gets sent off and yellow carded so often is because "his past is in the back of the referees mind".

Whose fault is that?

No sympathy for Barton at all. I hope his past actions do result in him getting treated unfairly, he deserves it.

With Smith, Barton and Butt in midfield, there's always going to be feisty two-footed lunges. Sad to see Nicky Butt's become such an irrelevance that refs don't even bother booking him anymore.

Get lost - (missed this) nobody is that thick or so poorly capable of judging personality or talent. Wind up merchant.

Oh oh, I sense a facebook petition coming on...

People said the same when 'arry signed Di Canio and he did alright.

Faced with a choice of playing it safe and buying cheap, worthy losers of the likes of Keith Andrews or taking a risk with a discount, damaged goods talented nutter of the likes of Barton, I'd go for the latter.

All Sam has to do is get Blackburn Mags to slap a restraining order on him from going within 50 metres of MacDonalds or Xabi Alonso and hide the cigars.

Sorted.

Edited by leftfooter

• Backroom

I'd be absolutely gutted if we signed Barton. He's quite literally the bottom of the human barrell, not comparable to Diouf off-pitch at all.

If this club has any self-respect the answer if Sam asks about Barton will be the same as the answer in regards to Bullard: NO.

Oh oh, I sense a facebook petition coming on...

People said the same when 'arry signed Di Canio and he did alright.

Faced with a choice of playing it safe and buying cheap, worthy losers of the likes of Keith Andrews or taking a risk with a discount, damaged goods talented nutter of the likes of Barton, I'd go for the latter.

All Sam has to do is get Blackburn Mags to slap a restraining order on him from going within 50 metres of MacDonalds or Xabi Alonso and hide the cigars.

Sorted.

That bits right apart from the underlined bit! :lol:

Di Canio = Barton? yeah right. Sort of sums it up.

I'd have him, he's streets ahead of the dross we've got pulling on shirts in central midfield at the moment. Barton or Andrews- err, let me think. At least he cares about losing, I'm exempting Andrews from this , he cares as well. The rest , well do they ?

I actually find that offensive TS. Tugay, Dunn, Grella, even Mokena and Reid, not to mention Savage have all played against him in games I've seen and he bottles it when the opposition make it know they are not 14 year old kids. Complete coward and a bully who isn't afraid to hide if the opposition stand and fight. I can count at least 3 no shows with City on the pitch against us and goodness knows how many games missed because of suspensions/incarcerations etc.

You really think his type could hold a candle to Tugay. For goodness sake, I think Andrews realises he's out of his depth but he doesn't hide and isn't a bottler.

• Backroom

The catch is he might only be able to play 9 games a season, as he has for Newcastle, due to getting wasted and knocking out somebody in front of a maccy d'z. He's also prone to training ground bust ups, and has battered one of his own team mates and stubbed a cigar in another's eye.

But yes, he's just what we need. Sign him up.

If I remember correctly, powers that were at NU said no to Sam signing Barton until Sam put his reputation on the line with a trust me I can handle him pledge based on a promise from the player.

Barton's subsequent behaviour were a huge factor in putting the skids under Sam's tenure up there.

The likelihood of Sam signing Barton again is surely zero.

Sorted.

That might just be enough to stop him playing at Ewood since we have a McDonalds close enough!!

If I remember correctly, powers that were at NU said no to Sam signing Barton until Sam put his reputation on the line with a trust me I can handle him pledge based on a promise from the player.

Barton's subsequent behaviour were a huge factor in putting the skids under Sam's tenure up there.

The likelihood of Sam signing Barton again is surely zero.

Didn't he pay 6.75M for him? I like Allardyce but that was a terrible bit of business.

Wouldn't want him within 100 miles of Ewood Park. The guy is a complete scumbag who is obviously mentally unstable. He's a good player, when he isn't in jail, suspended by the league or his club or injured. We should look else where for a central midfielder. Joey Barton doesn't deserve to be playing in the Premier League.

I championed him before, but not now, theres something seriously wrong with Joey Barton, I totally agree with you RoyRover on Barton.

Edited by JAL

Didn't he pay 6.75M for him? I like Allardyce but that was a terrible bit of business.

About £1m less than that, I hear.

Talented player, but a complete liability. Sam should know better.

One of my reservations about signing him. He sounded very 'near to the edge' on the Gaby Logan interview. Otherwise he's the type that Brian Clough would have made into a star.

It may well be the type of club that he was at that may contribute to his problems.

At City he was vaunted as the future England central midfield general. Being at City maybe cost him his will to win as a footballer and gave him his big head, hence City cashed in and he moved on.

Newcastle United ? Need anyone say anymore. Its not the type of club you go to unless you can deal with pressures of in your face media/fans and a club that thinks its the biggest and best. Its not a place for egos. After his well publicised indiscretions he fell foul of the newcastle fishbowl.

Maybe at a club like Blackburn Rovers he could flourish again. There is no doubting his talent given the right platform. He is an exquisite footballeer, we have seen his skills on display at City. He can score, he can tackle, he can create in fact apart form his height, he is very much the complete footballing midfielder.

I just wonder though if any club or manager can curb the demons he so clearly has within his psychological make up.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.