BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Citeh To Sack Barton?

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we could give him some kind of calming drug, then we might be onto a winner. He has the talent, he is just a nutcase.

That wouldn't work Hughsey. You really need to be pumped up to play football effectively. When I was playing the coaches always gave us a "pep talk" before we went out to play. The objective being to get the adrenalin flowing freely, and this sharpens your reactions considerably and also seems to increase both strength and stamina.

I normally don't care about a players off field antics or reputation, but the more I think about it the more I am concerned about this. Joey Barton is a disgusting, vile, despicable little ####. On the other hand, I'd love us to get him in and let him attempt to go all Ousmane Dabo on Chris Samba. That would be fantastic.

Last time i watched him play for Newcastle, which was just before his ankle injury, he was immense and was newcastle's best player, can pass, is very mobile, determind. We all know of his character flaws however.

If we can sign him for next to nothing I would be delighted as long as there was a clause in his contract which means we could launch him if he kicks off.

Unfortunatly I don't think we will have much better options come summer with what will probably be a dismal transfer budget.

I am the only one that thinks his challenge at the weekend wasn't a red card ????

Maybe Shearer is looking for a scapegoat. Can't wait to see them go down.

Yeah, I reckon he's over-rated as well. He's hardly a cross between robbie Savage and Glenn Hoddle.

he'll always cause trouble and disruption.

What a disaster of a signing he would be.

We've got to remember a lot of the current players are probabaly leaving in the summer so who would he be causing trouble with ? wouldnt be suprised to see Barton and Nolan starting in Rovers midfield but if either of these scousers were any good you'd have thought Everton or Liverpool would have snapped them up.

Wouldnt say it would be a disaster, unless the board gave him plenty of cash, because Barton should be starting right at the bottom again and looking to build himself up.

we already have 2 midfielders who only play occasionally due to injury. Do we really want to chuck good money away on a knob with zero self control and will be regularly banned? He's already proved he can't or won't change and frankly he's a thousand times worse than any of the other so-called bad boys we've signed before

This is brilliant.

When we had Todd, Neill, Savage and Dickov we were hard to beat and everyone hated us.

Now we simply need to sign Barton to go along with Diouf and we'll be back on the right track!

Barton is a block head. But he can play, so we'll take it.

I am the only one that thinks his challenge at the weekend wasn't a red card ????

Maybe Shearer is looking for a scapegoat. Can't wait to see them go down.

No I agree - the commentator on MOTD2 also said the same - 'Joey Bartons previous record went before him there' which it did. Nobody else in the league would of been sent off for that challenge.

IF he isnt banned, there is no doubting he is better than any of our midfielders (Yes i know it isnt much to be better than them).

The biggest turd in the pie is Barton's psychotic temper. We have had to work so hard to counter that 'dirty Blackburn' tag, and this would destroy that work. He's a pretty good player, if injury prone over recent times, but as a man he is a complete ____. His presence in a dressing room may be far too disruptive to risk. He is lucky he is not still in prison.

My respect for Sam would decrease considerably if he came. I could just about tolerate Diouf, but Barton would be a step too far.

• Backroom
This is brilliant.

When we had Todd, Neill, Savage and Dickov we were hard to beat and everyone hated us.

Now we simply need to sign Barton to go along with Diouf and we'll be back on the right track!

Barton is a block head. But he can play, so we'll take it.

Calling Barton a "block head" is a little simple. He is a disgusting human being, and his antics off the pitch extend far beyond anything Todd, Neill, Sav, Diouf or Dickov ever did or have done. The club sets a bad moral example when it decides "forget that this man is a violent thug who has angered, betrayed and hurt both fans and teammates in the past, he has skill therefore we shall sign him".

If you were being sarcastic in your post btw, I take back any criticism of it. I just can't tell.

Edited by DE4life

I would understand if Barton joined, but why is your respect for Allardyce already waning, T4E? He's done a magnificent job since taking over. There was that little episode where inexplicably had a go at Rafa, but I cannot think of any other reasons.

Oh I hope we don't sign Barton. How many chances do you give someone? I'd hate us to be the club that gave him yet another chance. It'd be embarrassing.

My respect for Sam would decrease considerably if he came. I could just about tolerate Diouf, but Barton would be a step too far.

So if he doesnt, will you respect increase considerably?? :unsure:

That sums it up for me. And my respect for him is already waning.

Why?

Sams Mission - Keep the club up

Result - 3pts away from making it certain! :rolleyes:

Guest Vinjay606
I would understand if Barton joined, but why is your respect for Allardyce already waning, T4E? He's done a magnificent job since taking over. There was that little episode where inexplicably had a go at Rafa, but I cannot think of any other reasons.

Magnificent is ridiculously overboard. Are Brian Kidd (and the failed championship level manager) magnificent for likely keeping Portsmouth up?

He's done a competent job same and several other managers could have done the same.

I guess the people moaning about Barton don't mind the England team having a violent thug as one of the leading strikers. If people are going to give out criticism make it equal.

I'm not sure really. The Rafa/Fergie thing was shameful. The lack of interest in playing the top 4 has started to bug me (originally I defended him for that, but getting beat 4-0 does not sit well with me regardless of the opposition). We've only picked up 7 points in our last 7 games. We play too many players out of position and our football is dire. I've been getting through by telling myself that its a needs must situation and next season will be different, but the more I think about it the more I'm starting to think that Sam just wont be capable of that.

So if he doesnt, will you respect increase considerably?? :unsure:

Why?

Sams Mission - Keep the club up

Result - 3pts away from making it certain! :rolleyes:

It will stay the same. Barton is a reasonably good player, but a contempable so-and-so as a person. How many chances has he had? How many times has he gone to 'anger management' classes? As a victim of an assault that thankfully was much less than Barton has previously done, I haveno time for violent crapbags like him. He'd be inside for something if he wasn't a football player.

Guest Vinjay606
He'd be inside for something if he wasn't a football player.

So would Rooney. Probably for GBH.

Of course though he's above criticism as he plays for the media darlings as well as the England team.

Edited by Vinjay606

Magnificent is ridiculously overboard. Are Brian Kidd (and the failed championship level manager) magnificent for likely keeping Portsmouth up?

He's done a competent job same and several other managers could have done the same.

I guess the people moaning about Barton don't mind the England team having a violent thug as one of the leading strikers. If people are going to give out criticism make it equal.

Ha you dont give up do you. Will you be watching the Arsenal & United (Which United) game later? Rooney is far from a violent thug? Why is he branded as that, because he went with that Granny? Was it your Granny? :lol:

• Backroom
I'm not sure really. The Rafa/Fergie thing was shameful. The lack of interest in playing the top 4 has started to bug me (originally I defended him for that, but getting beat 4-0 does not sit well with me regardless of the opposition). We've only picked up 7 points in our last 7 games. We play too many players out of position and our football is dire. I've been getting through by telling myself that its a needs must situation and next season will be different, but the more I think about it the more I'm starting to think that Sam just wont be capable of that.

Come on, man. The Rafa/Fergie thing was blown way out of proportion. Sam makes 2 or 3 lines comment to a posed question and suddenly every newspaper in the world has him siding with Fergie and backing up his former mentor. It was a mountain out of a molehill. The similar "lack of interest" in playing the top 4 is down to focusing on the games we needed to win and dealing with our ridiculous injury problems. Bolton never surrendered to the top 4, and in actual fact often gave them (especially Utd) a good game, so why do you think next season we'll continue to surrender? With the amount of injuries we have and the threadbare squad Sam cannot be blamed for playing players out of position. Ince was doing it when we had an almost fully fit squad.

No judgement can be made on Sam until next season at the earliest... this season is about staying up by any means neccassary, and we are on course to achieve that, regardless of anything else.

Edited by DE4life

Guest Vinjay606

I just think people should get equal criticism. Rooney's thuggish attitude is even worse than Barton as he represents the national side. Not much of a role model either but as he plays for England people just overlook his true nature.

Edited by Vinjay606

I just think people should get equal criticism. Rooney's thuggish attitude is even worse than Barton as he represents the national side. Not much of a role model either but as he plays for England people just overlook his true nature.

Rooney is a foul mouthed, potato faced goon who at times looks like he wants a red card, but he doesn't go as far as Barton. He doesn't stub cigars in people's eyes or beat the crap out of 15 year olds. Not as far as I know anyway.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.