BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Citeh To Sack Barton?

Barton.

The hits just keep on coming.

Roll on the end of the Allardyce era. Ince may have been a disaster, but how long is it going to take a decent manager to recover from the implementations of Allardyce's footballing "ethos"? Bolton still haven't recovered.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barton.

Roll on the end of the Allardyce era. Ince may have been a disaster, but how long is it going to take a decent manager to recover from the implementations of Allardyce's footballing "ethos"? Bolton still haven't recovered.

I hope you're wrong. I fear you're right.

Barton.

Bolton havent recovered from Sammy Lee, similar to us from Ince.

Recover from what? The Championship? Oh no sorry, Sam saved us from that almost already.

In your honest opinion what has Sam done wrong so far?

- Improved our team with Givet & Diouf or weakened it?

- Improved our results?

- Improved our chances of staying up/ and not going bust?

Im waiting....... :rolleyes:

The sooner we lose all the down and out so called supporters the better, some fans really should start supporting Spurs or a big club like Newcastle.

Don't waste your energy Hughesy.

The usual suspects (joined by some unusual ones) have whipped themselves up in to a frenzy of indignation about the latest media w*nk.

You'll just have to wait until the smelling salts begin to take effect and they've calmed down a bit.

Joey Barton has shown that he is not capable of changing. Put aside all the assaults (which can I just add I find sad that some are downplaying someone stubbing a cigar in someones eye and assaulting a teenager), his behaviour on the field is poor. If (as some have already said), the manager of your club (the ones who have been paying your wages and supporting you whilst you were in prison), gives you a dressing down after being sent off, it defies belief that you start ranting off him!! What is going to happen if Sam tells him to play a certain position or gives him a rollocking? A wrong signing on so many different levels- and I will add that I was for the signing of El Hadj, we must judge each individual case.

Reputation and history is not an indication of how a person will behave in the future.

absolutely right.

Given Barton's history (starting on a young everton fan, stubbing a cigar out in someone's eye, jumping on Dabo), there's no Earthly way it could've been foreseen that he'd kick off in Liverpool at 4am in the morning. He was just as likely to do that as to join a peace protest.

He strikes me as a thug who can't control his emotions and is only happy for a bit of aggro if teh odds are in his favour.

I don't care how talented he is as a footballer, he is in fact a violent thug and a complete disgrace to the game of football and himself (not that he is likely to care about that last bit with his mindset).

I certainly don't want to see him anywhere near Blackburn Rovers ever again, but unfortunately the ruling powers in football will all look on him as a money making commodity and he will still be employed by some PL team if not Newcastle.

Agreed. And i add that Shearer had it right when he was quoted as saying, "he's a coward". It's one thing to be afraid. To suffer from fears of any kind. It's another to attack someone that you perceive as(and in fact are) weaker, smaller then you and/or in a prone position. Barton is coward of the latter kind!!!

The tackle on Alonso was not in itself life threatening and did not maim Alonso. However, Barton got very little or none of the ball so, the tackle was directly aimed at Alonso. Barton's stupidity and temper put the referee in a position where he had to act.

No to Barton on so many levels.

Firstly, whilst quite a few players have previous, very few have anything near the amount that Barton has - both before and after the prison sentence (where he should still be imo). Morally it'd be wrong to give Barton a chance at Ewood. Agree with Fife and Imy9 and the rest on this - Barton is not a reformed or remorseful character deserving of a lifeline.

Secondly even if you don't care at all about Barton's behaviour it is far too much of a risk football wise. Aside from being a bad apple in the dressing room can anyone honestly see him being able to play for rovers for more than half a season? If he isn't suspended for things on the pitch he'll be getting into trouble off it. What odds would anyone give that he would be available for 3/4 of our games. They wouldn't be good.

We pay enough midfielders not to play for rovers - dunn, reid, grella, (formerly) vogel - we don't need to add another - especially such a loathsome individual. Our midfield needs quality and reliabilty - and Barton certainly doesn't fulfil the latter.

I have to agree with the above we should leave Barton well alone being someone who is partially sighted I found that behaviour of stubbing a fan with a cigarette utterly disgraceful. He could have blinded the guy when I heard it at the time I felt violently sick and the thought of such a thug at my beloved club fills me with trepidation. I was sceptical about El Hadj but he seems like a pussycat compared to Barton please Sam leave well alone.

Don't waste your energy Hughesy.

The usual suspects (joined by some unusual ones) have whipped themselves up in to a frenzy of indignation about the latest media w*nk.

You'll just have to wait until the smelling salts begin to take effect and they've calmed down a bit.

The thing is many of us are making calm and reasoned points about this. You are the one that needs to calm down. You are whipping up a frenzy of indignation about the way the press have treated Barton and the fact that some of his violent offences are actually laudable in your eyes! Do you actually read what you write on this subject?

I'll ask the question for a third time in this thread which hasn't been answered yet by the Joey boys. How many good games has Barton had in the last 18 months? Not for Man City - that was 2006 - we know he was good then. This is now. In the last 18 months? How many games has he actually played, when you take into account his jail sentence and his injuries? So how do any of you know he's better than what we have? Like Reid, he might be shot. Now, overlay his track record of a major incident every 6 months or so, the fact that he is a marked man, the fact that no refs like Rovers. How many games do you think we'll get out of him? How many do you think will be good? The fact of the matter is, without even going into the moral and ethical rights and wrongs of putting my hard-earned cash into that tossers pockets, unless he plays for free then it is a gamble too far. This club is not that desperate yet that we need to take such a gamble.

• Backroom

I find some humour in the irony that Shearer lamented him for it, Shearers tackle on Lennon was it was one of the worst 'tackles' I've ever seen in honesty.

All in all he would improve our team but I hate him and hope h doesn't sign, if he does however I wont have a hissy fit over it.

Newcastle want to get rid of him because he's fallen out with Shearer the manager. Can't complain about that.

Buy him at a bargain price. First day on the training ground Chris Samba & Ryan Nelsen sandwich him and tell him that if he misbehaves at the club they will personally stake him to the ground and use his goolies as footballs. Then they will exact more excruciating retribution.

Then Sam puts one of those ASBO ankle strap things on him and puts him in a rented house on Bolton Road right next to Ewood Park. If Barton goes anywhere more than 100m from his house then there is a text alert to Rovers fans who can converge on him, give him a good slapping and send him home.

Easy!

The fact of the matter is, without even going into the moral and ethical rights and wrongs of putting my hard-earned cash into that tossers pockets, unless he plays for free then it is a gamble too far. This club is not that desperate yet that we need to take such a gamble.

I would like to think the above statement is the thought foremost in our manager's mind - I don't fancy encouraging my son & daughter to shout up for a player with his track record off the pitch. Less importantly, to me anyway, he is overrated for the short time he does actually manage to stay on the pitch, since he left citeh. Injury-prone with a dodgy temperament does not add up to good use of our limited resources.

In his time at City Barton was a very good Premiership attacking central midfield just the sort of player we lack. He'll obviously has is bad reputation a few gremlins to carry around with him but we've had Savage, Neill, Bellamy and currently have Diouf at the club all of who've whom aren't exactly considered angels.

In his time at City Barton was a very good Premiership attacking central midfield just the sort of player we lack. He'll obviously has is bad reputation a few gremlins to carry around with him but we've had Savage, Neill, Bellamy and currently have Diouf at the club all of who've whom aren't exactly considered angels.

None of them are even in the same league as Barton, also Diouf and Bellamy have registered charities in their own name, Savage has been involved a fair bit with charitable work too. And there's no way Neill can be put into the same bracket as Barton FFS.

I had no objection to EHD joining but not Barton. He's been rubbish for too long and his repeated and frequent disgraceful displays of behaviour are much too much.

Barton.

Are you for real what is it bolton have to recover from after sam's reign is it the european football he brought them or do they pine for the days for being a yo yo club or the days when a glory cup run was the best it ever got?

Understand your point but think that Barton is different insofar as he has had good managers at clubs prepared to help him and he has spurned the opportunities. I honestly cannot think how he could benefit BRFC as his City days are over, he was sacked by them despite their bending over backward to accommodate his "eccentricities". Definitely a "could have been" in my book.

Apart from that, cheering him on in front of my kids would stick in my throat with him because of his behaviour off the pitch - it did not apply to Bellamy, Savage, Diouf

SA will cut his coat according to his cloth.... after all he can do nothing else can he? So if we are to avoid 'hoof' ball as it's termed on here then we need to sign some quality midfielders to play the ball through and mix styles up a bit which all good teams need to be able to do. Unfortunately we have just 1 and two sick notes at the moment. Beggars cannot be choosers. If the management can control the eejit's mentality then he represents an opportunity that cannot be missed.

SA will cut his coat according to his cloth.... after all he can do nothing else can he? So if we are to avoid 'hoof' ball as it's termed on here then we need to sign some quality midfielders to play the ball through and mix styles up a bit which all good teams need to be able to do. Unfortunately we have just 1 and two sick notes at the moment. Beggars cannot be choosers. If the management can control the eejit's mentality then he represents an opportunity that cannot be missed.

Would you sell your soul to the devil Theno? Sounds like you just don't give fig for the reputation of Blackburn Rovers.

"Hey while we are at it why not see if the Home Office (being a bit pressed for cash) wants to release a few murderers and rapists that have a flair for football as well. Send 'em on licence to Rovers.....everybody knows they are a team of thugs anyway ho ho ho!"

Edited by Fife Rover

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.