BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Citeh To Sack Barton?

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wont happen of course but lets hope the mags sack him cos I'd wager Hughes would sign him in an instant ....... and imo he'd be exactly the player that we need. All he'd need would be a bit of astute management.

"Why do the media always call us thuggish, I just can't understand it"

Next breath...

"I think we should sign Joey Barton, quality player"

:wacko:

Bit sarky Bucky. But competative and even combatative (when necessary) definitely, but I don't think that Hughes would want us deemed thuggish. Supporting a team that is a soft touch has been a curse of BRFC fans for decades. Must say that I admire and prefer Hughes version of 'proper men' rather than the 'proper men' / 'rubber dinghy men' of previous managers.

Edited by thenodrog

Don't overdo it Fife we might just hold you to that! :rover: I rem comments in a similar vein came out when we signed the likes of Todd, Sav and Batty.

Not from me you don't, and are you condoning the actions of that thug?

Edited by Fife Rover

He's just come back from a long injury lay-off and will take time to get back up to speed. He's a top footballer and, if judged purely on footballing ability, would walk into our central midfield. He'd be a great signing for us, but I don't expect Big Sam to let him go anytime soon.

I disagree. He stood out at City because he was a whole-hearted aggressive player in amongst a team of rubber dingy men. He's no more of player than a Michael Brown or Lee Carsley. David Dunn is a much more talented footballer and Barton wouldn't be an improvement on Reid or Savage.

Barton has shown he can play very well but, it comes in short spurts and doesn't seem to duplicate itself from match to match. It more than likely is a lack of concentration. That is hardly worth the risk of a signing. Along with that his potential(????) will always be trumped by his temper tantrums. A brilliant play or strike one game and what we saw against Sunderland the next. He is bound to be disruptive to his team(or wherever he may find himself) by his nature. I saw the match between Pompey and City at Fratton Park last year and he deliberately stomped the back of Pedro Mendes heel. Barton lost control of the ball and Mendes picked it up then headed up field with Barton in pursuit. Barton caught up with him and looked straight down at Mendes' heel and stomped down on it. A replay caught it all very clearly. The man(????) should have been suspended then and he should be suspended now!!!!

Not at all. Just theoretically (obviously) trying to improve our team. I've got my football head on Fife not my 'Mr Angry of Scotland' one.

I am not angry at all Theno; I just happen to believe very passionately in the observance by all of the rule of civilised behaviour, and this applies equally on the football pitch as it does in the streets. That's why we have laws both in society as a whole and in games. I can honestly say that in my entire football career I never once went into a tackle with the intention of hurting anybody; but just to get the ball. I was not always successful in this as you might expect and conceded my share of fouls like anyone else. But the point is I NEVER intended to foul; it just happened. And in my entire career I was only ever booked once, and that was for foul and abusive language aimed at my team mates when we were getting trounced.

Weren't we reported to be sniffing around in his direction a couple of seasons ago?

You would know better then I. I am a fairly new supporter. The football fever bit me while watching a Charlton-Fulham derby in the Spring of 2004. So, sometime in the summer of 2004 i decided to pick a team to follow. I also live in the US so, do not hear as much news as yourself would. But, if what you're saying is true someone may have had a change of heart or was enlightened. I just cannot imagine anyone, especially Mr. Hughes, wanting Joey Barton tearing down what he's worked so hard to build. He's a bad egg, a bad apple. I feel he would destroy any good chemistry anywhere he go's.

• 1 month later...

"Joey Barton's latest arrest for assault adds to Allardyce's problems"

I bet Big Sam needed this latest arrest like a hole in the head. I don't know about anyone else, but personally I'm sick of this repugnant scouser Barton, after each regular misdemeanor, snivelling to the press that he's learnt his lessons and that he's now a changed man.

He seems unable to learn because of a lack of brain cells. A classic case of a leopard who can't change his spots.

Wasn't it earlier in the year that Barton was saying that he's more sinned-against than sinning; that he's a victim of circumstance more than anything else.

He's been in trouble so many times that his previous statements are really stretching credibility.

Having a brother do life for murder probably doesn't help. I think Barton needs some form of assistance, whether it be counselling or whatever, otehrwise this stuff is going to keep on happening again and again and again.

Or maybe he's just a bad apple, who can tell?

Having a brother do life for murder probably doesn't help. I think Barton needs some form of assistance, whether it be counselling or whatever, otehrwise this stuff is going to keep on happening again and again and again.

Or maybe he's just a bad apple, who can tell?

He's a bad apple, that's obvious...

Poor little rich kid remanded into custody until Jan 3rd 2008 !!

maybe a spell with some real scumbags might just make him realise the simple life he really should be leading !

More likely some time with that scumbag will teach others what sort of life they should be leading. He's scum, pure and simple. Without the footballing talent, he'd already be in there- probably for ever.

Wayne Rooney once said that without his talent he'd probably have been in jail. He, at least, appears to have a support network of people who, like him, have improved with money. Barton's lot are- it would seem- hell bent on keeping him in the mire that they're in. Or Barton hasn't done a Rooney and bought his family out of there.

He's now been charged for another assault after an incident on Boxing day night.

I bet big Sam will be delighted (not) :lol:

Sorry, I got it wrong, he's been remanded in custody until the New Year and will miss the next two games

Edited by AggyBlue

Well at least Joey wasn't swinging an axe about the other night - maybe we should congratulate him , send him on safari with a counsellor or whatever ......

Or maybe we should just lock him up and throw away the key . Oops sorry , I forgot ...human rights ....... <_<

I was trying to see things from his point of view, as I say his earlier comments do stretch credibility just a little given that this happens time and again.

What he was doing at half five in the morning outside the chav magnet that is McD's ... who knows?

You'd think if he wanted to avoid trouble, he'd avoid situations that were likely to generate trouble, carousing the streets of Liddypool at that hour doesn't sound like that sort of strategy.

Perhaps he just likes aggro. A bit of baseball bat counselling should help in which case.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.