BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Citeh To Sack Barton?

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put this in the 'other prem happenings' but this thread is more relevant...

Barton's 1st Statement

"The first day's the toughest, no doubt about it. They march you in, hand you your uniform and force you to pose for the photographer while loads of fat, tattooed, skinheads shout abuse at you. That's when you know it's for real. A whole life blown away in the blink of an eye. Nothing left but all the time in the world to think about it. That's when it hits home. That's when you realise you've signed for Newcastle"

Joey Barton.

Put this in the 'other prem happenings' but this thread is more relevant...

Barton's 1st Statement

"The first day's the toughest, no doubt about it. They march you in, hand you your uniform and force you to pose for the photographer while loads of fat, tattooed, skinheads shout abuse at you. That's when you know it's for real. A whole life blown away in the blink of an eye. Nothing left but all the time in the world to think about it. That's when it hits home. That's when you realise you've signed for Newcastle"

Joey Barton.

You've posted that twice today. Hasta posted it on Wednesday.

I admit it was funny the first time I read it (Monday or Tuesday in the Fiver).

You've posted that twice today. Hasta posted it on Wednesday.

I admit it was funny the first time I read it (Monday or Tuesday in the Fiver).

Please accept my humble apologies...I unsubscribed with the Fiver a while ago - just dont find it funny anymore and I have a certain disregard for Guardian sport journalists!

Please accept my humble apologies...I unsubscribed with the Fiver a while ago - just dont find it funny anymore and I have a certain disregard for Guardian sport journalists!

I'm getting close to unsubscribing myself for similar reasons to yourself.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Barton calls black player "big lips"

article-0-02587C08000005DC-308_468x336.jpg

Disgraced scouse yob Joey Barton courted controversy again on Monday night during Newcastle's 2-0 win over Aston Villa at St James' Park.

Barton has upset the PC brigade by allegedly calling Villa's Gabriel Agbonlahor "big lips". Reports today allege that during a confrontation involving Barton and Agbonlahor in the first-half of Monday night's match, Barton made the politically incorrect comment about the size of Agbonlahor's lips.

Barton first flicked the Aston Villa player's lips and pushed his nose. Barton then reportedly moved his finger round his mouth appearing to say: "F____k your big lips".

When he was released from prison Joey Barton promised to be a "role model" and said that he would become "a shining beacon for kids" like David Beckham.

Whilst I'm not a member of the PC brigade, I do think that Barton's alleged choice of words were not particularly wise. Calling a black man "big lips" isn't something that should be encouraged.

It seems that trouble and controversy go hand in hand with Mr Barton.

Curiously enough, several gentlemen on this messageboard who are far more politically correct than I am, seem to have a more favourable view of Joey Barton than I do.

My own view is that Barton is a disgusting vile yob who I wouldn't want within ten miles of Ewood Park. He has a history of violence, thuggery and completely unacceptable behaviour - such as thrusting a lighted cigar into a young lad's eye and punching his team-mate several times in the face on the training ground.

Other gentlemen - more PC than I am - don't actually seem to have a particular aversion towards Barton. They seem to feel that despite his character, he would be a good addition to the Rovers squad.

I'd love to see Joey down at Ewood, he's just the kinda player we need

I'd be delighted if he came to Ewood.

I agree with Scotty, he's a very good player and I wouldn't mind seeing him at Ewood.

Barton has become too big at City. Whichever club he ends up at he will be the new boy, and certainly won't be able to behave likes he owns the place.
Edited by Anti Euro Smiths Fan

No lets blame Ince. He had an influence on him, hence why he is now a thug.

Seriously I agree with the guy at Newcastle, anything Barton does now is highlighted way too much. On monday he did very little yet you would of thought he had shot Agbonlawhore given the media overdrive.

Barton calls black player "big lips"

Barton has upset the PC brigade by allegedly calling Villa's Gabriel Agbonlahor "big lips". Reports today allege that during a confrontation involving Barton and Agbonlahor in the first-half of Monday night's match, Barton made the politically incorrect (Erm racist) comment about the size of Agbonlahor's lips.

Whilst I'm not a member of the PC brigade, I do think that Barton's alleged choice of words were not particularly wise. Calling a black man "big lips" isn't something that should be encouraged. (Erm it's racism)

Other gentlemen - more PC than I am - don't actually seem to have a particular aversion towards Barton. They seem to feel that despite his character, he would be a good addition to the Rovers squad.

Probably the most stupid post I've had the misfortune to read. Astounding.

Edited by Paul Mellelieu

• 5 months later...

£64,000-a-week train fare dodger Barton is sent off in disgrace again.....

Vile disgusting scouse yob Joseph Barton has been sent off again this afternoon - in his first Newcastle match since January. This time Barton has been sent off for a two-footed lunge on Liverpool's Xabi Alonso. Will this repulsive creature ever learn?

I remember watching a snivelling interview with Barton a couple of years ago when he was interviewed by Gabby Logan on BBC's 'Inside Sport'. This was after Barton had thrust a lighted cigar into the eye of a teenage lad at Man City. Barton claimed in the TV interview that he was a changed man, that he had learned lessons and that he was now determined to behave himself.

Watching the TV interview I was convinced that Barton was a thoroughly obnoxious and arrogant yob who was kidding himself about wanting to change his behaviour and that it was only a matter of time before he got himself into trouble again. I thought that Gabby Logan was quite gullible by appearing to swallow Barton's snivelling excuses and lies.

Just as a leopard doesn't change his spots, in the case of Joseph Barton he's such a loathsome arrogant yob that for Gabby to think that he would change his behaviour would be akin to thinking that Oliver Reed could go into a pub and order a glass of orange juice.

Since that interview with Gabby a couple of years ago, Barton has since been sentenced to six months imprisonment for common assault and affray after repeatedly punching somebody in the face, whilst drunk outside a McDonald's restaurant in the early hours of the morning. (He served just 77 days of his prison term before being released.)

Barton was also given a four month suspended sentence after admitting assault occasioning actual bodily harm by repeatedly punching his former Man City team-mate Ousmane Dabo on the floor of City's training ground. The incident effectively ended Barton's career at Man City.

Shame on you Sam Allardyce for spending £5.8m to take this violent thug to Newcastle.

But as Big Sam is happy to spend £2m of Rovers' money on a diving Senegalese cheat who spits in people's faces it's perhaps no surprise that Sam sees nothing wrong with buying a player who gets drunk and punches people's lights out in the early hours of the morning outside McDonald's.

I'm afraid that with Big Sam any type of ethics or sense of morality goes completely out of the window. Allardyce would probably be happy to spend money on a dangerous-driving road killer like Lee Hughes or a convicted paedophile like Graham Rix.

Allardyce would probably see nothing wrong with picking The Yorkshire Ripper or Osama Bin Laden if he thought they could come up with a goal or two for Rovers. There's no sense of Big Sam ever being put off by somebody's criminality.

Joey Barton, reportedly on £64,000-a-week and who has featured in only 9 games for Newcastle this season, was in trouble recently for dodging his £30.60 train fare from London's Kings Cross to Cambridge.

I know that some of you will be reading this and thinking that failing to buy a train ticket isn't the worst crime in the world - and it's true that I wouldn't put it in the same category as some of his previous violent offences for which he was convicted - but it's perhaps indicative of Barton's character that he thought he could get away with it.

It's been reported that there were a number of posters at Kings Cross station warning people that they must buy a ticket before starting their journey. Barton thought he could get away with doing otherwise.

Link: £64,000-a-week Barton didn't pay train fare

To paraphrase Kevin Keegan, I would love it, just love it if Newcastle went down this season. The club is rotten to the core from top to bottom, starting with their owner Mike Ashley, who as Dave Whelan recently indicated is a classless arrogant beast who has stripped any remaining dignity from Newcastle United this season.

Shame on you Alan Shearer for picking Barton at Anfield today. He let you down badly Alan.

Hopefully one day Shearer will learn that you can't rely on a despicable yob like Joey Barton.

Edited by Anti Euro Smiths Fan

OMG He got sent off? No other footballer does that.

Quick give him the death penalty....... :rolleyes:

Usually agree with AESF's essays but tend to agree with you here Hughesey!.

If Shearer can focus on Barton's latest indiscretion it deflects attention from his questionable contribution as managerso far.

ASEF, I haven't seen the tackle yet but dear god get a grip and have a serious word with yourself. That has to be the most self-obsessed, sanctimonious, up your own arse post I have ever read on this forum.

Joey Barton is an arsehole, we all know it, get over it!

Thank you Sam Allardyce for spending £5.8m to take this violent thug to Newcastle.

Cleared up a typo for you. Anything to help keep us up at their expense.

ASEF, I haven't seen the tackle yet but dear god get a grip and have a serious word with yourself. That has to be the most self-obsessed, sanctimonious, up your own arse post I have ever read on this forum.

Quite unlike your response, obviously.

:rolleyes:

Great post as usual AESF, but on this occassion I beg to differ.

In a minority of one and it won't happen, but I would be happy to see JB playing midfield in a Rovers shirt next season. He's far and away better than anyone we've got. Having sold our soul already for Premiership survival, we might as well go the whole hog and sign the cloven hoofed one. Talking of which, with darkness about to descend, Colin's probably preparing his ritual response already. Don't forget the garlic.

Edited by leftfooter

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.