BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Old Gate Debate

It's simple Fife the government is responsible for everything wrong with Blackburn, including taxation. There is a direct correlation between rising taxes and falling PL attendances.

dont think I inferred 'direct'. But only an ignoramous or a fool would infer that there is NO correlation. :wstu:

God how I would love Gordy to introduce Road fund licences for cyclists! :P

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's simple Fife the government is responsible for everything wrong with Blackburn, including taxation. There is a direct correlation between rising taxes and falling PL attendances. Personally I'm convinced and will vote for the party introducing ethnic cleansing, criminal deportation, lower taxation, speed camera abolition, and mass sterilisation for those who cannot trace their ancestry to King Harold.

The consequent demand for tickets at Ewood will force John Williams to triple ST prices, quadruple matchday admission and build a new stadium for the reserves, who will be re-named Lancashire United, playing in front of sellout crowds. The introduction of Lancashire border passport controls ensures those attempting to travel to Manchester/Liverpool on home matchdays will be offered the choice of purchasing an ST or 12 months imprisonment, repeat offences will result in flogging or, in the case of serial offenders, hanging.

The ground will be full, everyone is smiling, end of attendance thread. ;)

:D:P:lol::o

It's simple Fife the government is responsible for everything wrong with Blackburn, including taxation. There is a direct correlation between rising taxes and falling PL attendances. Personally I'm convinced and will vote for the party introducing ethnic cleansing, criminal deportation, lower taxation, speed camera abolition, and mass sterilisation for those who cannot trace their ancestry to King Harold.

The consequent demand for tickets at Ewood will force John Williams to triple ST prices, quadruple matchday admission and build a new stadium for the reserves, who will be re-named Lancashire United, playing in front of sellout crowds. The introduction of Lancashire border passport controls ensures those attempting to travel to Manchester/Liverpool on home matchdays will be offered the choice of purchasing an ST or 12 months imprisonment, repeat offences will result in flogging or, in the case of serial offenders, hanging.

The ground will be full, everyone is smiling, end of attendance thread. ;)

What a great idea! Thanks for explaining that Paul.

Errrmm... Just one teeny little problem arising at the end of your first paragraph. If all those who can't trace their ancestry to King Harald are sterilised the population of Blackburn and indeed Lancashire will dwindle so low in a couple of generations that there will be nobody left buy a ST; other than Theno of course! ;)

If all those who can't trace their ancestry to King Harald are sterilised the population of Blackburn and indeed Lancashire will dwindle so low in a couple of generations that there will be nobody left buy a ST; other than Theno of course! ;)

Christ Almighty Fife! Just how long have you been away? :ph34r:

Christ Almighty Fife! Just how long have you been away? :ph34r:

A mere 27 years Theno; why do you ask?

I think Theno's folks have been around a bit before 1066

Well I knew he was old, but I didn't think he was quite that old! ;)

I think Theno's folks have been around a bit before 1066

Even back then thenodrogs were complaining about all these Normans coming over here taking our women, dividing up our oxen, building their ruddy great cathedrals in our hamlets and so on. NormoViks or something they began calling them...

Edited by FourLaneBlue

So which team is currently having their best season in recent times, are currently sitting pretty in 3rd place and can't even fill the smaller away allocation at Liverpool?

Now I'm fully aware our away support is poor but I'm shocked to see less than 1000 Bolton fans at Anfield today for the top of the table clash.

Very poor Bolton but I guess highlights many points made on this thread already.

Even back then thenodrogs were complaining about all these Normans coming over here taking our women, dividing up our oxen, building their ruddy great cathedrals in our hamlets and so on. NormoViks or something they began calling them...

:)

Don't really think the NormoViks were especially remembered for building cathedrals flb. :rolleyes:

signed, a Vik :P

Norms might have built a cathedral or two but Viks certainly did not!......... And it's pretty certain that they would be spinning in their grave if they ever spawned any Lar de Dar Gunner Graham concert type chappies surely?

Norms might have built a cathedral or two but Viks certainly did not!.........

The Normans were Vikings theno. Give or take a wee bit of pillage, kicking ass and relocation to Northern France. They certainly didn't mind marrying the local girls though.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

The Normans were Vikings theno. Give or take a wee bit of pillage, kicking ass and relocation to Northern France. They certainly didn't mind marrying the local girls though.

I'm having a little difficulty following this slightly off-topic discussion. The Normans were Christian (nominally) whilst the Vikings were Pagan (many gods).

I'm having a little difficulty following this slightly off-topic discussion. The Normans were Christian (nominally) whilst the Vikings were Pagan (many gods).

Well Fife it isn't quite that simple...we are talking about the same people really. The Normans were just Vikings who settled in the South (mainly England and a part of Northern France that was named after them...Normandy) ...the Normans we are talking about had converted to Christianity but were still Vikings or descendants of Vikings. The word Normans = men from the north, i.e. vikings. Most of us probably have Viking blood in us somewhere...the north was infested by them.

The question is...what has that got to do with the gate debate?

Well....what kind of percentage of our gates are made up of Vikings or Normans or whatever you want to call them?

And...what can we do get more of them in? Free longboats laid on? Two pints of mead for the price of one? Blue-and-white Horned helmets for sale in the "ex"-club shop?

Anyway, back to wringing our hands about our crowds... :blink:

Edited by FourLaneBlue

So which team is currently having their best season in recent times, are currently sitting pretty in 3rd place and can't even fill the smaller away allocation at Liverpool?

Now I'm fully aware our away support is poor but I'm shocked to see less than 1000 Bolton fans at Anfield today for the top of the table clash.

Very poor Bolton but I guess highlights many points made on this thread already.

Was looking forward to taking the michael with one or two boltoners at work on the crap support they had at anfield. HOWEVER..............better hangfire somewhat, considering we have only sold 400 for goodison. (so far)

Was looking forward to taking the michael with one or two boltoners at work on the crap support they had at anfield. HOWEVER..............better hangfire somewhat, considering we have only sold 400 for goodison. (so far)

We've got bigger fish to fry......... :D

the Normans we are talking about had converted to Christianity but were still Vikings or descendants of Vikings. The word Normans = men from the north, i.e. vikings. Most of us probably have Viking blood in us somewhere...the north was infested by them.

Lens is in Normandy isn't it ? If we play them in the next round of the Eufa it'll be like a family get together :tu:

I nicked this link off the roverstalk forum.

Attendances

The first table does us no justice due to our oversized stadium. ;)

Scroll down to the next one and we're out of the drop zone.

I think percentage of ground filled is a daft way to measure support but then I'm biased.

Wigan are struggling. :huh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.