BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Old Gate Debate

I nicked this link off the roverstalk forum.

Attendances

The first table does us no justice due to our oversized stadium. ;)

Scroll down to the next one and we're out of the drop zone.

I think percentage of ground filled is a daft way to measure support but then I'm biased.

Wigan are struggling. :huh:

Interesting that for all the whinging about our attendances, our average gate is under 1800 less than Bolton's who have been doing much much better in the League than we have, prior to the last week or so.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be interesting to see if Bolton repay the compliment by slashing their prices to £15 when we visit the breezeblock, especially now it has been put back 24hrs for television.

Bolton are currently occupying a Champions League place, why should they?

Be interesting to see if Bolton repay the compliment by slashing their prices to £15 when we visit the breezeblock, especially now it has been put back 24hrs for television.

That would be nice as it's a 'must go' for us. I'm not holding out much hope though.

Two points

Chelski away £48 midweek! no thanks

Wigan have reduced their next 7 games to £15 / £20 as Paul Jewell says they can be the 12th man

I was in a position where i could afford to go to one of chelsea or watford away - watford it is then

Just been on SSN that Wigan have slashed ticket prices to 20 quid for a Cat A and 15 quid the rest, for the remainder of the season!!!! junior pay 15 for cat A and 10er for the rest !! Fair play wigan

I feel that Rovers will need to do something similar next season with a slight reduction on both individual tickets and season tickets. I feel that an approximate 10% discount on this should be implemented for next season. I don't think that tickets should be over £30 in the Blackburn End, no matter what fixture it is. Cup games should be set at £15 for non-season ticket holders and £10 for season-ticket holders.

Personally I feel that a fairly important issue that needs to be addressed is that Children and OAP should be paying no more than day for instance £7 per game and a biggish reduction in their season tickets. We should be looking after the future of our support and also a big thank you to the senior supporters for their help over the years and encourage a better mix in the ground.

Chelski away £48 midweek! no thanks

I've never been to Stamford Bridge simply due to the fact of their extortionate prices and I won't be lost if I never attend. I'm not tight-fisted but I hate companies who rip the stuffing out of things and Chelsea are one of those. I had a friend who used to be a box-holder, but I never took him up on any of his offers and I'm not regretting it one bit.

Maybe I would like to meet Mourinho at some stage in Ewood. Get his autograph and tear it up in his face. No respect to Rovers, no respect to him!!

Ticket information for this game will be announced approximately three weeks prior to the match taking place.

Which was quite a few days ago??

Lee has advised they are expecting info on Monday - the game was late being arranged.

Expect the tickets to be iro £20.

Admission prices are determined by mutual agreement between the two clubs involved .

Yes.

And ofter clubs who have got to the latter rounds are only interested in maximum dollar, which as demonstrated numerous times is provided by high ticket prices.

Which was the point I was making.

Yes.

And ofter clubs who have got to the latter rounds are only interested in maximum dollar, which as demonstrated numerous times is provided by high ticket prices.

Which was the point I was making.

Clubs must realise though that they may get a better pay day by the home club reducing prices by a bit which will bring in more supporters. It is a tough call for them to make but I feel dropping prices by say a fiver will bring in more gate revenue.

Your point , Stu ,was that it was "impossible" to have lower prices at FA cup matches . It is not .

Neither is it as simplistic to claim that high prices equals maximum dollar . Would £50 a game achieve maximum revenue for example ?

Edited by blue phil

Your point , Stu ,was that it was "impossible" to have lower prices at FA cup matches . It is not .

Neither is it as simplistic to claim that high prices equals maximum dollar . Would £50 a game achieve maximum revenue for example ?

Thanks for telling me what I was saying Phil. Next time Ill put it in enough detail for you. :)

Which is impossible to do, especially in the later rounds due to the revenue sharing agreements.

I was only thinking loudly. But all home games until at least the Quarter Final stages should be given at these reduced prices. For the away games and also for the bigger games, such as, Quarter Final's, Semi's and Final's should be priced at full rate.

This way the club will still get better crowds in Cup competitions, and hopefully should gain in revenue with a bigger crowd going to the matches as well as an increase in merchandise.

When we played Cardiff in the FA Cup replay of two years ago we wanted to reduce the prices to around the usual £10 mark, Cardiff were fully against this and wanted more, I think eventually we met them half way and the price was about £20.

The old, extra crowds = more money spent at kiosks is sadly not true, the average spend per person on non-ticket revenue is something like £3

Edited by Lee

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.