BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Schadenfreude Section

I've nothing in particular against Southampton, but I'm really enjoying Rupert Lowe finally getting his comeupance for the disgraceful way he treated Paul Sturrock and especially Dave Jones, and just for being a snotty southern git in general.

I was glad to see it all going tits up for Glenn Hoddle at Spurs as well. For so, so many things.

Birmingham, for all of the reasons so far stated (Bruce, Brady, Big Club, Sullivan etc) but there are two more much more valid reasons that have been overlooked, both occurring during our promotion season.

Firstly, after spending a large part of the season occupying second spot in Division 1 they also somehow fluked their way to the Worthy Cup Final. Despite getting largely battered by a profligate Liverpool side, fluked an injury time penalty but thankfully got beaten in the shootout.

Post match came complete about how they proved "They were good enough/ready for the Premiership" You what?! They got completely owned.

A month later we were due to play them at St. Andrews and the "big club" noise had reached deafening proportions by then. I've never wanted us to do over a team so much in ages. Neither it would appear did the Rovers as we TOTALLY outclassed them on their own pitch. Duff walking round their defence to score a wonder goal. Francis moaned about the pitch, well mate it was the same one we were playing on!

Birmingham never recovered after that and went on a winless run that went into double figures. I had a ripping good laugh at that every week. No wonder they hate us, we ruined their season and took promotion to top it off!

Second reason,

Play off semi - final 2nd leg at Preston the same season. Game ended up going to penalties. Preston were building a stand at one end so it was decided somehow that penalties would be taken at the end where all the fans were. As it should seeing as they had all paid to see the game.

Francis, the complete and utter ******** objected to this, and actually took his team off the pitch for a few minutes while throwing a tantrum. This behaviour is absolutely disgusting. Why should the penalties be taken at the dead end so your bunch of tarts aren't intimidated? I can't remember if they got through or not but they didn't go up that year and the Prem was a better place without them.

Additionally...

* Spurs mainly for the Worthy Cup comments, Hoddle, 99% of their fans.

* El Hadji Diouf

* Andreas Muller (scored winning penalty in semi final v england in euro 96) celebration made me sick

* Oliver Kahn. Still has nightmares about Owen. OWN3D!

* Man Utd. I could write a book as to why!

I can generally find a reason to hate most people/clubs in England but there is your top 6. Don't show it to a Brum or Spurs fan, they don't know what a top 6 is!

I'd be happy enough to see the likes of Douglas Hall and Fat Freddie Shepherd getting their just desserts but even if Souness fails and even if they are eventually forced out then they will still walk away from the club with tens of millions in their bank accounts. Sometimes there is no justice in football, shown by managers with average records getting plum jobs, such as Peter Reid. Sacked from his last three jobs and still being linked with more...

A player of ours who I was happy to see getting what he deserves was Garry Flitcoft. Cheating on your wife with a nanny and a lapdancer is one thing but spending a fortune on trying to gag the papers from telling the truth is another thing. I'm glad he lost and that he spent plenty of money for nothing. After having a very lavish lifestyle heavily funded by the money generated by football in the media, he should have learned to take the rough with the smooth and hold his hands up and admitted he was a naughty boy. Flitty didn't do that and ended up looking like a laughing stock...and rightly so. If he'd not tried to block the story barely anyone would have remembered such a minor story, so it's his own damn fault.

WEST HAM

For similar reasons to Spurs cited above - they think they're bigger than they are.

They get FAR too much air time on the football call-in shows and they're always winging.

It was a tough choice between wanting them or Preston to get promoted from the playoff final in May - actually decided on Preston!

Manchester City:-

They have maintained their premier league status a season longer than I would have like to have seen. Not only that I would like to see them go bankrupt too.

Mainly cause their 'sainted' fans were not bothered who they punched (women and children) as they left the Maine road and in the corresponding home game they quite simply capped off one of the worst seasons I have been a Rovers supporter with their 'celebrations' at Ewood park.

Not to mention the fact that their team colours look gay.

Edited by OscarRaven

• 2 years later...
Manchester City:-

They have maintained their premier league status a season longer than I would have like to have seen. Not only that I would like to see them go bankrupt too.

I was extremely disappointed with the way that Mark Hughes jumped into bed head first with the disgraced former dictator Thaksin Shinawatra - a quite abhorrent man who is currently on trial for alleged corruption.

Last month three of Thaksin's lawyers were jailed over an apparent attempt to bribe judges with a lunchbox stuffed with cash. (See the link here)

That episode demonstrates the type of character that Shinawatra seems to be - a man who thinks he is above the law and that he can do what he likes. I had hoped that Mark Hughes might have had a bit more integrity than to join hands with a loathsome creature like Thaksin.

I feel that Hughes has put money ahead of any type of principles and frankly I'm quite disgusted with the way he left Rovers this summer. I would dearly like to see Man City fail miserably this season. If that's a case of 'Schadenfreude' then so be it.

I hope that our Maltese friend PhilipL is right when he said a couple of days ago:

I bet Mark Hughes and co would walk barefoot over burning coals to get back to Ewood right now.

Hopefully throughout the coming season Mark Hughes will regret his impetuous and ill advised decision to jump ship to Man City. I hope that Hughes is able to reflect on the fact that he was too hasty to go to Eastlands and it would have been better for his long-term career if he had stayed with Rovers.

I'm really enjoying Rupert Lowe finally getting his comeupance for the disgraceful way he treated Paul Sturrock and especially Dave Jones

Paul Sturrock has revealed that he is suffering from Parkinson's Disease and has had a mild version of the condition for the past eight years - see the link here

Sturrock says that he doesn't want people's sympathy - so I won't offer words of sympathy to him, other than to say that for those who have a more severe form of the progressive neurological disease, it's obviously not a nice thing to have. Muhammad Ali, for example, looks as if he is suffering badly, judging from the last time I saw him on television.

I've drawn a lot of comfort from schadenfreude this nervy summer.

The world's most odious club being made to squirm by The Winker and Spurs, tappers up in chief, squealing like pigs over Keane and Berbatov.

Marvellous :)

Spurs. I hope that Berbatov leaves those deluded winkers, and states how he wanted to play for a big club after he signs for Man U. How many times have the yids used the press to unsettle players as they leak stuff to spurs supporting journalists? And then they threaten legal action with Ferguson who never even mentioned or hinted at who he wanted to sign. I hope this year will be another year of nearly reaching Europe, as their defence falls apart again.

I'm also loving Leeds' problems. All the talk of 'marching on together' and how they were too big for the likes of Huddesfield, and what happens? They stay in the second division. That'll teach those arrogant, retarded Yorkshire scum.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Guest featured and unfeatured this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.