BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "half Year" Season Tickets

On the ManU thread JFT mentions that he'll have to wait until the Half Year Season Ticket is out before getting a ST. I've mentioned this before but surely with these new credit card style tickets available ST's should be available all season long?

By that I mean that for those fans such as JFT who would buy a season ticket now following Saturdays fantastic performance and result the club should be able to sell ST's on a "discounted" rate. For instance, and these numbers probably aren't accurate, ST at the start of the season = £410.00. That's 19 games at £21.57. So with x3 home games gone a ST would now cost 16x£21.57 = £345.12.

Are you with me? So JFT and some others can all rush optimistically down to Ewood and buy some ST's! More money for the club! Then when we play 4-5-1 and draw 0-0 with WBA on Saturday it's too late! ha ha ha! Unlucky suckers!

Just a thought.

Edited by bob fleming

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't buy a half season ticket based on one performance. If Mark Hughes keeps to his guarantee at the beginning of the season and Blackburn look like having an "exciting" season I will certainly purchase a half season ticket without hesitation. In the summer and up to now I haven't been fully convinced (though I don't believe Rovers will be relegation candidates) but winning at Old Trafford was a major confidence booster for me and hopefully others.

Being bored to death for the last 2 years and losing my enthusiasm was the main reason I didn't renew. Instead of getting a full season ticket I decided to go to most home matches (Which I feel is reasonable after the last 2 seasons) and if things have improved by Christmas I will have no hesitation in renewing.

I'm left wondering what the clubs motivation to move to the credit card style season ticket was.

Reduce turnstile operstors? - No they have just as many people watching the lights now.

Reduce having to send new season tickets out - Nope issued a whole new bank of cards this year.

Stop the direct debit cheats - maybe

Ability switch the card on and off on a game by game basis? - Nope

Exactly why did the club move to an electronic ticket? They seem to be missing all the advantages...

Depending on how well the club collects and analyses the data they could establish:

1. What time I and my kids arrive at the ground.

2. Does this vary according to KO time

3. Do we attend all games

4. If we don't attend all games do the kids miss the evening ones

5. It probably could be switched on/off as bob brilliantly describes - cracking idea

6. It's simpler to spot anyone using a concession ticket they are not entitled to

Now all of the above could be done with the old ST but it would have taken a lot of counting. From the above they could forinstance:

Target us with a mailing to encourage use of the food facilities

Vary the bar staffing according to likley attendance

Oh yes and Lee Grooby can tell when you're late for a meeting in The Fernhurst smile.gif

I'm left wondering what the clubs motivation to move to the credit card style season ticket was.

349918[/snapback]

There was a grant available from the football trust which had to be put towards something...............................................

In theory the cards allow the club to analyse detailed data about customers spending habits. I doubt we have fully got the hang of it yet.

Oops........... just seen Paul's post. rolleyes.gif

Depending on how well the club collects and analyses the data they could establish:

5. It probably could be switched on/off as bob brilliantly describes - cracking idea

6. It's simpler to spot anyone using a concession ticket they are not entitled to

Now all of the above could be done with the old ST but it would have taken a lot of counting. From the above they could forinstance:

Oh yes and Lee Grooby can tell when you're late for a meeting in The Fernhurst  smile.gif

349920[/snapback]

Re point 5, I didunderstand that the idea was to add the cup games to each card as they were purchased. I tink its due to start next season.

Sorry Bob, but that's the best idea to discourage anyone to buy a season ticket in July, that I've ever heard. ph34r.gif

349923[/snapback]

Ah yes well.. there is that. I was just thinking of a way they could capitalise on a good run of performances before Christmas. Talking of buying things in July, I'll be thinking twice before buying Rovers shirts until 7 games into the season from now on, but I'm not bitter.

I think it's still a good idea. A bit of tweaking here and then perhaps. Biggest discounts if you buy before the start of the season. It's wouldn't be too hard to make it attractive for potential ST holders and the club surely.

I think it's still a good idea. A bit of tweaking here and then perhaps. Biggest discounts if you buy before the start of the season. It's wouldn't be too hard to make it attractive for potential ST holders and the club surely.

349931[/snapback]

There is the badger.

Average of, say £19 per match if bought in March.

£22 per match if bought before end of June

£23 per match if bought by start of season.

£24 per match if bought between start of season and xmas

perhaps?

Interesting idea.

Two things I'd like to see, very similar in fact:

1. As an ST holder I could simply role up for a cup game, stick the card in the machine and have my account debited for the cost of the ticket. I know the problems assocciated with this - when to sell ST seats on open sale etc.

2. If people on the database had a card they could arrive for a PL game, scan the card, go in and be debited for the cost.

Both would not be without difficulties but could make entry easier for many while saving the club the large cost of mailing out tickets.

Hate to put my Heath and Saftey hat on, but I'm pretty sure the club would argue that one of the main reason for selling tickets (and therefore not allowing a debit system at the turnstiles or a 'pick and mix' half season ticket) is to control the number of people in the ground.

I know, I know, this would never likely be an issue at Ewood!!

But, there are occasions when we could have a serious saftey problem of more people in the ground than the given capacity.

Great ideas though and keep them coming!

Hate to put my Heath and Saftey hat on, but I'm pretty sure the club would argue that one of the main reason for selling tickets (and therefore not allowing a debit system at the turnstiles or a 'pick and mix' half season ticket) is to control the number of people in the ground.

I know, I know, this would never likely be an issue at Ewood!!

But, there are occasions when we could have a serious saftey problem of more people in the ground than the given capacity.

Great ideas though and keep them coming!

349959[/snapback]

If its a state of the art electronical system it can count surely and that been the case when entrants = capacity then gates shut. Yes overly simplistic I know as fans outside the ground could be a problem.

Still think they have paid out for this system and don't really use it as well as they could. Another idea 10 match special - 10 seperate matches or 10 people to 1 match you choose - at grounds like Rovers these ticket options will work.

Oh yes and Lee Grooby can tell when you're late for a meeting in The Fernhurst  smile.gif

349920[/snapback]

Regarding point 4, is there any advantage to Blackburn Rovers, other than artificially boosting the recorded crowd for its own sake, to swiping a non attending season ticket holder's card at the turnstile when they are not actually there for a particular match? It would spoil their data warehousing, assuming it is of any use, but maybe there is some hidden benefit to inflating the attendance figures slightly on occasion?

Sorry to get a bit off topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread just to have this question answered.

My wife and I are planning our England trip for next year. Her work schedule means that we have to leave sometime just after the start of next season.

I MUST have my pilgrimage to Ewood...with her in tow. She's a great football fan, just doesn't understand my interest in Blackburn (she doesn't have Lancashire ancestors... hers are from the Isle of Man and the larger island to the West)

So here's my question. Since this season started with an away match, does history show that next season will start with a home match?

I'm going to base our travel plans on your responses...realizing that you can't guarantee what the FA decides to do.

thanks...

So here's my question. Since this season started with an away match, does history show that next season will start with a home match?

I'm going to base our travel plans on your responses...realizing that you can't guarantee what the FA decides to do.

thanks...

349975[/snapback]

Sorry but there is no guarantee, over the last 5 seasons we had a run of 3 opening day fixtures at home.

2001/02 away Derby

2002/03 home Sunderland

2003/04 home Wolves

2004/05 home West Brom

2005/06 away West Ham

Good thread!

Revidge, I agree about the rolling direct debit, its done for TV, Water, Electricity, why not football?

OscarRaven, this seasons cards were changed because they contained HSA on them, and they aren't our sponsors anymore, in the future it is quite likely that they won't be replaced (make a note of that Paul, don't throw yours away just yet).

We are only in our second year of the SkiData system, there are many things that can be done with them, many of which Paul has mentioned, like cards being updated automatically when you order a cup ticket, me having the power to stop Bob from attending anymore games, that sort of thing.

I suppose if we made too many changes too quickly it would confuse some of the fans out there, so slowly slowly catchy monkey so to speak.

me having the power to stop Bob from attending anymore games, that sort of thing.

350002[/snapback]

laugh.gif Yeah right. Like we're supposed to believe that you can work the SkiData System, you can't even get Broadband! (Any news?)

Be honest, Rovers have been stitched up here. SkiData?!? What a crap name! I've never heard of them. No doubt Chairman Williams bought it from Saunders who was disgused as a door to door salesman.

Bob: Broadband, i've to ask again in November those ducts are still blocked, but i'm currently devoid of a working phone line at home since Saturday (hence no reserve report until this morning BTW), are you the same? BT says they've had hundreds of complaints from Fernhurst Farm.

The guesthouse I stopped at in Austria this summer had the SkiData system too! I can't see how Saunders had any involvement in that.

Bob: Broadband, i've to ask again in November those ducts are still blocked, but i'm currently devoid of a working phone line at home since Saturday (hence no reserve report until this morning BTW), are you the same? BT says they've had hundreds of complaints from Fernhurst Farm.

The guesthouse I stopped at in Austria this summer had the SkiData system too! I can't see how Saunders had any involvement in that.

350006[/snapback]

Three things:

1. Same here I'm pleased to announce, no phone line since Saturday. BT really are marvellous.

2. Never, I repeat, never, underestimate the power of "The Evil One", maybe he works for BT when he's not "coaching" Newcastle?

3. Sorry everyone, this is way off thread.

Slightly off topic......well quite a lot really.

On our hols this summer we had a trip up into the Alps behind Nice to a wolf park. Great excitment for our Tom who recognised the Ski Data equipment......anyway the thing that caught my eye was that we had to be scanned in and OUT. Seems to me Rovers could introduce this for the Riverside stand....stop all the early leavers going before FT smile.gif

349975[/snapback]

As Alan says it isn't guaranteed but what is certain is that spread over the first two weekends we will have one home and one away game. Provided you can leave after the second weekend you will be sure of at least one game.......I think

Three things:

1. Same here I'm pleased to announce, no phone line since Saturday. BT really are marvellous.

2. Never, I repeat, never, underestimate the power of "The Evil One", maybe he works for BT when he's not "coaching" Newcastle?

3. Sorry everyone, this is way off thread.

350009[/snapback]

BT are currently installing Broadband in the area - the cabling has been in place for months and will be served from the nearest feed - close to Ewood Park. It would appear the latest excavations have chopped some land lines!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.