BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "half Year" Season Tickets

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NTL decided not to bother running cable to 400+ houses up here, so it isn't an option. Then again BT didn't bother running copper up to this location either!

Plus I wouldn't have NTL if you paid me, but thats a discussion for another day.

MCMC1875, my BT contact informs me that the copper overlay programme has been delayed (hence the blocked duct part) and that i've to check again in November.

On the road down the hill, for the second morning running there were blokes at the TPON boxes scratching their heads. As for excavations, there hasn't been anything new that I can see, aside from three 3ft x 2ft holes cut in the pavement down Jack Walker Way.

Not that I've been looking or anything!! As you can understand, broadband would be quite useful to me!

Paul: I assume the 'scan out' part nulls the card or something to stop them working again that day. The guy at my guesthouse was reprogramming the cards when I was at reception one day.

Edited by Lee

I haven't a clue what's going on but what I do know is that if these ducks have got into these TOTP's boxes then the BT engineers should shoot the little quacking @#/?s dead. They've only themselves to blame, they should have flown south weeks ago.

What`s Top Of The Pops got to do with it??  huh.gif

350064[/snapback]

because they are as crap as BT's ductwork?

I didn't see any mallards, but there are usually plenty of squirrels lurking down the bottom.

Bob, the TPON points are those grey boxes. When they eventually (Lee prays to the skies) turn green, then its all systems go for broadband*

*in theory

Bob: Broadband, i've to ask again in November those ducts are still blocked, but i'm currently devoid of a working phone line at home since Saturday (hence no reserve report until this morning BTW), are you the same? BT says they've had hundreds of complaints from Fernhurst Farm.

Hundreds of complaints + 1. Gave them a bit of earache about it tonight.

Fibre optic cable is superior to copper cable for telecoms but not so good with broadband!!!!!!!!!!

Eventually there'll be FTTH (Fibre to the home) or FTTC (fibre to the curb/cabinet), then us Fernhurst Farmers will be speeding along, whilst the copper lot will be shuffling!

But I'll probably be dead by then.

Anyway, seeing as there are a few of us out there, if anyone drives past someone wearing a Rovers coat, and currently an England cricket cap walking up Jack Walker Way in the pouring rain, please stop and give me a lift!

Got bloody soaked yesterday!

Paul: I assume the 'scan out' part nulls the card or something to stop them working again that day. The guy at my guesthouse was reprogramming the cards when I was at reception one day.

350051[/snapback]

More likely to ensure nobody had been left in overnight with the wolves!

Lee, Bob, still off topic...

Fernhurst Farm will be a copper feed for Broadband but it is unlikely to be available until new year because BT are having to give the council 28 days notice to clear a blocked duct in town.

However an engineer has mistakenly connected a copper 'Red Care' only feed to one house. At least one other lucky resident has accessed Broadband using this connection with a wireless router. wink.gif

Edited by MCMC1875

Hmm, if you see someone sat on your wall, its me with my laptop searching for an unrestricted wireless zone smile.gif Whats the speed? As I'm 2.55km from the exchange, i'm not expecting anything above 1 mb.

Hmm, if you see someone sat on your wall, its me with my laptop searching for an unrestricted wireless zone smile.gif Whats the speed? As I'm 2.55km from the exchange, i'm not expecting anything above 1 mb.

351070[/snapback]

Wireless is ace.

I'm wireless in the press box at Ewood. Alas the the strength isn't good enough to reach up the hill to my house!

351077[/snapback]

Im not happy with the parents at minute. Im on NTL and its currently running at 1MB but with us having the box and not a modem we need to upgrade our box (free of feckin charge of course) but SHE wont do it and if she did id be getting a 2MB connection for same price.

Signal strength is good I can generally get a decent signal from down street. I was playin cards using a connection other day when I took my laptop round Wireless is great!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.