BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "half Year" Season Tickets

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you take the title of the 'person stating the obvious' off roversismylife

ben.... its a joke  smile.gif

351494[/snapback]

Well yes you would think that it is stating the obvious. However, club directors seem to disagree. If I buy a season ticket and it works out that I get four games 'free' (I don't know the exact number of games), how is that worth my purchase. Without a season ticket I can pick and choose my games, not bother going if I want to do something else, save money if I want, go on holiday without thinking about which games I'm going to miss and not have to fork out £400 or so.

Now if the club made it really worth it to buy a season-ticket, we would:

o Have money upfront before the season starts for transfers

o Have more bums on seats

o Be offering a cheaper service to our customers/supporters and potentially attract more in the process

Empty seats don't offer any profit whatsoever, so why not just lower the prices and see what happens?

Empty seats don't offer any profit whatsoever, so why not just lower the prices and see what happens?

351504[/snapback]

What if there's no increase in support? Resulting in Rovers reducing their revenue, thus being financial disadvantaged to the teams we're competing against?

What if there's no increase in support? Resulting in Rovers reducing their revenue, thus being financial disadvantaged to the teams we're competing against?

351513[/snapback]

I get your facts about empty seats, but then filling them at lower costs means different types of overheads (extra staff etc)

351513[/snapback]

Yes, cause thats right the enterprise must keep ticking over after all its not about the fans anymore - just the bottom line.

Sad but true, besides at £400 for a season ticket over 19 games, start selling seats for less than £20 all over the ground I would suggest some 'exsisting customers' would be very angry. After all incentives for new customers must be balanced with the exsisting customer base.... blah blah...

Shame really as a full Ewood Park is a great place to be.

Edited by OscarRaven

351513[/snapback]

Well how about limiting price cuts to kids then , a la Wigan - in all areas of the ground for all matches irrespective of the opposition ?

If Williams can't come up with a few ploys to get kids interested he should make way for someone with a greater imagination .

Kids today don't like football.

They like videoing slapping people in the face on their camera phones, smoking Marly lights and violent computer games.

Its a lost cause, focus on getting the real fans in.

Kids today don't like football.

They like videoing slapping people in the face on their camera phones, smoking Marly lights and violent computer games.

Its a lost cause, focus on getting the real fans in.

351834[/snapback]

Who are the real fans then Andy? Are they a moving target?

Who are the real fans then Andy? Are they a moving target?

351835[/snapback]

Ill put it another way. All very well and good letting them in for a quid when they are young, but you seriously think as soon as they are 16 they are going to be in a position to pay twenty five times that to get in? I used to go to shed loads of games when i was 12-15,virtually none when i was 16/17 and when i had a good job for my age at 18-21 i used to go regularly, now im an impoverished student im back to going very sparingly. It was great value when i was a kid, if i couldnt get someone to take me to Rovers i'd go to a third division game for three quid. When i was at college that changed to Friday night out with my mates or a game on saturday, including travel costs as i was too old to go with parents or their mates.

...................Without a season ticket I can pick and choose my games, not bother going if I want to do something else, save money if I want, go on holiday without thinking about which games I'm going to miss and not have to fork out £400 or so...........

351504[/snapback]

I suppose one answer is that you can "sell" your ST for a game that you can't go to. Obviously to someone you can trust not to get you banned.

Or does anyone share their ST? Ten games each, or something like that? No doubt BRFC would have a hissy fit but there's not a lot it could do about it.

BTW, congratulations on the ducks not evolving into geese and swans. Well done all concerned.

No doubt BRFC would have a hissy fit but there's not a lot it could do about it.

351852[/snapback]

Actually I think the club would happily turn a blind eye. When I've tried to purchase tickets for matchday "special events" at Rovers (which include tickets) I've asked about a reduction because they can resell my ST seat and I've been told "nope, can't you sell your seat on to a friend."

I suppose one answer is that you can "sell" your ST for a game that you can't go to. Obviously to someone you can trust not to get you banned.

Or does anyone share their ST? Ten games each, or something like that? No doubt BRFC would have a hissy fit but there's not a lot it could do about it.

BTW, congratulations on the ducks not evolving into geese and swans. Well done all concerned.

351852[/snapback]

Sorry off topic again...

You might have spoken too soon Colin.

There's a flock of over 200 Canada geese close to Rishton Reservoir. It's only a matter of time before the buggers are causing bother.

Edited by MCMC1875

• 4 weeks later...
NTL decided not to bother running cable to 400+ houses up here, so it isn't an option. Then again BT didn't bother running copper up to this location either!

Plus I wouldn't have NTL if you paid me, but thats a discussion for another day.

MCMC1875, my BT contact informs me that the copper overlay programme has been delayed (hence the blocked duct part) and that i've to check again in November.

On the road down the hill, for the second morning running there were blokes at the TPON boxes scratching their heads. As for excavations, there hasn't been anything new that I can see, aside from three 3ft x 2ft holes cut in the pavement down Jack Walker Way.

Not that I've been looking or anything!! As you can understand, broadband would be quite useful to me!

Paul: I assume the 'scan out' part nulls the card or something to stop them working again that day. The guy at my guesthouse was reprogramming the cards when I was at reception one day.

350051[/snapback]

Sorry, off topic again, but there are more trenches dug now. What's going on?

Edited by MCMC1875

I don't know if this has been brought up. Over here our local NBA team over the last few year has done a thing called a six pack. You could buy blocks of 6 games at dicounted prices usually with some additional incentive such as a free drink and sandwich.

I think the games are pre set, in other words you can't pick and choose exactly which games you want but the blocks usually include one or more of the better games (on paper).

Has something like this ever been considered, after season ticket sales the club would know which seats would be available and could sell them off at a cut rate, perhaps somewhere between match day and season ticket prices.

Another ploy used by our Diamondbacks the Baseball (well sort of) team was the made a whole section of seats available for $1 every game, several hundred seats I think. They were not the greatest view but they got bums in 'em. Tickets were sold on the day of the game only. The thing was many fans having got to the game found the seats to be sold out and rather than waste a trip bought more expensive tickets and watched the game anyway.

I am not convinced it is all ticket prices anyway. Apathy is rife when the pubs are open.

Shut the pubs and make Ewood the only place in Blackburn where a beer is available, that 'll get 'em in.

USA, the 6-pack is done usually in 10s by a lot of Hockey and Basketball teams over here (I think I mentioned it earlier). The Bruins (Hockey) are doing a limited number of $10 a game tickets only sold on the day of the game. The good part of that is that people who miss out on those will probably buy the regular priced ones, which start at near $20.

USA, the 6-pack is done usually in 10s by a lot of Hockey and Basketball teams over here (I think I mentioned it earlier). The Bruins (Hockey) are doing a limited number of $10 a game tickets only sold on the day of the game. The good part of that is that people who miss out on those will probably buy the regular priced ones, which start at near $20.

358600[/snapback]

The Coyotes did a deal a while back it was per game, 4 tickets, 4 drinks, 4 Hot dogs $44. Not bad really

Interesting comments from J.W in the program, highlighting the fact that all our 'high profilr' games are in the 2nd half of the season, manu, ares, chels, l'pool, bolton, man city and Wigan. This coupled with our decent home performances should see a fair few half season tickets sold imo. Hopefully BRISA can have an influence on advertising these and getting a fair few sold! rover.gif

Anybody know how many pubs in Blackburn and its immediate environs showed the game against Charlton live yesterday? I know for a fact a few did. I’m not trying to out them here, just interested in estimates on numbers. Perhaps those that did put up a few trays of free sandwiches or sausage and chips at halftime for those who braved the wet weather to get to their local or nearest pub screening live footie?

Now I’m not necessarily knocking those who took this option and who couldn’t make it to Ewood Park for domestic, travel or financial reasons but this has surely got to be a major factor in deterring the less committed Rovers fan from actually going to the game. Also, those fans that have previously enjoyed a fair portion of the match with a pie and a few pints standing in the smokey concourses below the Ewood stands may be starting to do the same (for free) in nearby pubs.

I also understand that some landlords cannot afford not to take advantage of this as a means of getting punters spending money in their establishments. However do others on here think that this is a particular problem (over and above the Sky saturation coverage of live football anyway)? If this is knocking x hundred (or even x thousand?) off the Ewood gate, is there not something we could do about it?

How about a BRISA-led Rovers fans boycott threat to pubs that show live non-Sky home games or offering to patronise pre and post home match those that could but don’t. Perhaps the pubs that got on board could even help BRFC publicise their ‘half season’ season tickets – stick a poster of Jack Walker in General Kitchener style pose on their TV screens on home-game Saturday afternoons!

I know it is slightly hypocritical but I have no problem with Rovers away games being shown on ‘dodgy satellite’ (and regularly take advantage). I feel if the club or the authorities decide to act on these match screenings locally, which they may at any time, it will have to be for all games and the more casual fan (although a season ticket holder, I’m including myself in that) will miss out. That said, some might justifiably say that would be no bad thing and might give a boost to away travel numbers!

Interesting comments from J.W in the program, highlighting the fact that all our 'high profilr' games are in the 2nd half of the season, manu, ares, chels, l'pool, bolton, man city and Wigan. This coupled with our decent home performances should see a fair few half season tickets sold imo. Hopefully BRISA can have an influence on advertising these and getting a fair few sold! rover.gif

358888[/snapback]

I have a great feeling that anyone planning on investing in a half season ticket could be on a real winner...lets hope the responce is good

The pub I go in before the match was also showing the game .

The trouble with any boycotts or "outing" of such pubs is that it would be counter productive . The vast majority of people are very sympathetic to any attempts by pub landlords to get punters through the door and wouldn't take kindly to "activists" disrupting trade . These are hard times for pubs in Blackburn - no need to say why - let's not make it worse .

These are hard times for pubs in Blackburn - no need to say why - let's not make it worse .

359139[/snapback]

Could be hard times for Rovers if we don't get the crowds back in.

Personally I think its up to the clubs and relevant authorities to deal with this problem. Sky have certainly been round a number of pubs checking that the glass icon is in the bottom corner, and have seen landlords prosecuted (or agree to take out a 12 month subscription). Its a matter of time before those showing foreign channels also are targetted.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.