BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester United "star"

Aye mate, cos everyone from these Belfast estates are familiar with the cops im sure. :wacko:

Im from the Braniel, and ive never been interviewed by the cops, I must have just got away with all the crimes ive comitted then yeah?

Bloody hell, it was only a joke.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was found guilty in the civil trial though.

My point would be valid without any examples either (Hughes and Vick were guilty tho); I find it ridiculous how a lot of people automatically assume that anyone who accuses a famous person of a crime is just a gold-digger. Without hearing any details whatsoever. It's hard enough (Especially on the victim) to get a conviction when there's an actual rape, so it's not usually an accusation made lightly. To which someone will no doubt bring up the recent(ish) story of a case with false accusations, and from that draw the conclusion that they are indeed right to make the assumption that she's obviously lying. To which I can't really do much but laugh.

Anyhow, not saying he is guilty, or that she's lying, just that it's stupid to draw conclusions based on little to no information.

Based on history, and the general cynicism of the English people the first reaction is "she's after money." Hughes, Vick, et al. weren't accused by someone after money or fame. They were caught based on concrete evidence against them. Rape is a very tough one to prove, especially when a girl is allegedly seen coming out of a hotel room after been given the run through by United's new 5-a-side team.

I was listening to a talk radio show here the other day. The host was on about some woman who claims to have bedded Tony Parker (San Antonio Spurs basketballer - married to Eva Longoria). The host's view was that any woman going public with such info is either after money or fame. I'm not agreeing, I just find it interesting he was talking about it the same day this kicked off.

OJ's civil trial conviction has about as much weight as a gnat's bollock$. He's still not paid a penny of the judgement, and never will.

Just wondering what you're arguing for or against really?

My point was simply to say that it's stupid to, based on solely the fact that a woman has pressed rape charges against a footballer, automatically come to the conclusion that it's "definitely" a gold digger. Convictions for actual rapes are shockingly low as they are and , contrary to what a lot of people seem to think, making up a rape allegation isn't very common. Which is exactly why it gets to much publicity the few times it does happen. Rape trials are usually very tough on the victims, especially in countries with rather antiquated views of women (i.e most countries), so not really something you want to put yourself through. If it's money you're after there are far better ways than accusing someone of a crime he's unlikely to get convicted of even if he's guilty, and where you run the risk of going to prison yourself if it fails. Equally, one shouldn't automatically assume he's guilty either just because footballers are often percieved as thick, priviledged and not used to the word "no".

Don't really think we disagree on that do we? If not I'd rather be doing something more productive right now ;)

If this has any truth in it, then it is horrible.

Guardian

Its nothing new, its being going on since the 60's that I know of. Although in them days it was M&S for a class bird and Woolies for a yes girl.

The big difference being, that in them days there was a bit more respect and if the lass said no then it ment NO.

Isn't that situation the same with any group of rich people that throw parties? It's the first rule surely; make sure there are plenty of attractive women around. Rock stars, Formula 1 drivers, film stars...I needn't go on, but they'll all do it. In fact, isn't F1 renowned for it?

Well that certainly got a few quick responses

Is it hell! Get real....It's life. The spoils of war and all that. How naive are you Colin? Did you really come down with the last rain shower? :rolleyes:

Theno, I'm sure we disagree on a number of things. I don't suppose it was your wife or daughter who was "harvested" for that party. If it were, then I suggest that if she was raped or subjected to multiple sexual penetration by members of the Manchester United squad, then you might just take another view.

The whole session was an obvious orgy to satisfy the urges of the Scum squad, the fact that the players' wives and partners were excluded speaks volumes.

The spoils of war and all that

Eh? Can you explain that?

Having not read much about the whole Man Utd alleged "roasting" story, all i can say is....if you cannot spit-roast a sexy young 'willing' groupy (that`s what she is) when you`re a millionaire football star, then when can you? :unsure:

Well that certainly got a few quick responses

I don't suppose it was your wife or daughter who was "harvested" for that party. If it were, then I suggest that if she was raped or subjected to multiple sexual penetration by members of the Manchester United squad, then you might just take another view.

Come on , Col - on other threads such as the ones on law and order - you always say you shouldn't personalise things . You can't have it both ways .........

Mind you , if you're like the girls in question , maybe you can....... :unsure:

• 2 months later...

We're living in a sick society at the moment. Even though a number of Man United players apparently behaved monstrously at a party - with one United player (now on loan at Sunderland) bailed by police following an alleged rape, it seems that these players are nevertheless still lauded by their fans as being "heroes".

I really hope that Man United don't win the Champions League this year. Fifty years after the Munich tragedy in which gentlemen like Duncan Edwards, Tommy Taylor and Roger Byrne lost their lives, I feel it would be wholly inappropriate if the current generation of badly behaved selfish greedy brats like Rio Ferdinand and Wes Brown were to become European Cup winners.

On a non-footballing note - but still related to the subject of rape - I was disgusted to read that a gang-rape video was posted on the 'You Tube' website, where a 25-year-old mother was raped in front of her two small children. A completely sick crime, but unfortunately perhaps indicative of our society at the moment, where some young people seem to think that it's "cool" to film themselves committing crimes.

Link: You Tube criticised for gang rape video

Is it only Man Utd's players then that are "greedy brats"???

No, sadly far from it, as some of my posts recently about Ashley Cole hopefully demonstrated. I wouldn't like Chelsea to win the Champions League either - and other teams have greedy brats too.

But in the year of the 50th Anniversary of the Munich tragedy, I would find it particularly distasteful for the current bunch of Man United players to be hailed in the media as being "heroes" for winning the European Cup, given their selfish behaviour this season.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.