BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Accrington Stanley

They are down here at the weekend, playing my local team, Hereford United. Looks like Hereford could finish 2nd in the league for the third season running. Surely one of the most unlucky runs in football, 2nd in the last two years and then miss out during the play offs

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here`s some of Accy Stanley`s home league stats this season. Quite an impressive read:-

v Canvey......1012 (won 1-0)

v Exeter.......1312 (lost 2-1)

v Woking.......959 (won 2-1)

v Crawley.....1365 (won 4-2)

v Aldershot...1142 (won 3-2).......1st 5 homes ave att 1158 (total=5790)

v Gravesend..1206 (draw 1-1)

v Hereford.....1603 (won 2-1)

v York City....2193 (won 2-1)

v Forest grn..1506 (won 2-0)

v Southport...1630 (won 4-0).......10 homes ave att 1393 (total= 13928)

v Altrincham..1436 (won 1-0)

v Kidminster..1336 (won 2-0)

v Halifax.Tn....3014 (draw 1-1)

v Cambridge..1837 (won 1-0)

v Dag/Red.....2156 (won 1-0).......15 homes ave att 1580 (total= 23707)

v Morcambe..3041 (won 2-0)

v Burton Alb..1946 (won 2-1)........17 homes ave att 1688 (total= 28694)

.....all the signs of a team having an excellent season cool.gif

• 3 weeks later...

with the hereford defeat today that leaves stanley 7 points from gaining promotion. Off course that requires Hereford to win all remaining games. Stanley are on the way up. Could be playing Blackpool next season !!

I was at Southport on Tuesday night - Stanley were dreadful - good to see yesterday's results.

I was with an ex Rover and a Bolton fan. In front of us, I was later told, were three ex Rovers season ticket holders from Darwen who now follow Stanley. I know of two other Darweners who used to watch Rovers but now follow non league teams, Stanley included.

Stanley going up will affect Rovers, although in terms of numbers I think it will be relatively small.

who cares really ?

I mean they are hardly going to affect BRFC, they may affect bumley but not Blackburn Rovers.

Good luck to them, they have a certain history and if they make it fair play

393449[/snapback]

I care cos I enjoy our beautiful game and the romance of stanley returning to the football league. Went to school and lived in accrington until 15 yrs old Only team to be have been booted out etc. If leyland utd/ chorley or whoever were top of the conference I am sure you would have a different view !!

I have just spoken to York City fan who said there was some trouble in the city after the York v Stanley match on Saturday. They seem to be blaming Rovers and Burnley fans!!??!! Anyone heard any more about this?

Link to story from This Is York: Fans arrested after street fight

Edited by Kiwiwannabe

I have just spoken to York City fan who said there was some trouble in the city after the York v Stanley match on Saturday.  They seem to be blaming Rovers and Burnley fans!!??!!  Anyone heard any more about this?

Link to story from This Is York: Fans arrested after street fight

394091[/snapback]

Also discussed http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/trouble-20513-2.html They dont seem to believe that any stanley fans were involved -

York City fans are mental!! I have been to watch a few games, and one in particular sticks out. York v Sacrborough last season!!! The police were everywhere!

Also they invaded the pitch at the Accy game this season.

Also discussed http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/trouble-20513-2.html  They dont seem to believe that any stanley fans were involved -

394169[/snapback]

Didn't I see you in York Saturday Steb? tongue.gif

Anyway - the x1 arrested was indeed a Burnley Fan - whether he goes anymore I don't know but is well known in the Accy area.

I was on a Stag do and the place was full of Accy people consisting of Blackburn and Burnley Fans as well as others and regular Stanleys. Alot had gone up because of what happened at the home game in Accy.

Didn't I see you in York Saturday Steb?  tongue.gif

Anyway - the x1 arrested was indeed a Burnley Fan - whether he goes anymore I don't know but is well known in the Accy area.

I was on a Stag do and the place was full of Accy people consisting of Blackburn and Burnley Fans as well as others and regular Stanleys. Alot had gone up because of what happened at the home game in Accy.

394277[/snapback]

you should have said you was in york mate

I no a few lads from ossy/accy area who are rovers fans at heart but refuse to pay £30 to get on ewood. (ie they are kind of fans who go on ewood a few games a season and big away games) Recently, with stanleys resergence, they have started watching their home town team more than rovers. They may never stop supporting rovers but could potentially choose to go and watch stanley instead.

In same respects what if darwen ever became a pro club again (never gonna happen!). I reckon many darwen folk would stop watching rovers because ultimately darwen is their home town team.

387631[/snapback]

Sounds like your mates (like many others not worthy of mention as "fans") are just looking for an excuse NOT to go to the football as they would rather spend their money on fags and booze - far too many people like this who call themselves 'real fans'. If they did want to watch Rovers they would not have to pay £30, tickets at Ewood are available much much cheaper than that and for the majority of games it will not cost more than two or three quid more than £15 (the reported price of going to watch Stanley next season). Besides if they only go to a few games a season anyway then they aren't regulars who are going to stop going to watch Stanley instead.

Interesting fact: When Stanley get promoted to the football league, they and Rovers will be the nearest English league teams not in the same city. Ewood Park is only five and a half miles from the Crown Ground. Turf Moor is only half a mile further from the Crown. Blackburn is only 9 miles from Preston, 10 from Burnley, 12 from Bolton, 15 from Bury and 18 from Wigan. Definitely footlball clogged.

if turf moor is only halkf a mile from the crown gorund, then i will eat my hat, get my coast, order a baxi and what ever other cleeshay..(spelling) you can throw at me.

i really do hope that stanley get to the football league, fantastic for football in east lancashire.

395332[/snapback]

Read it again

. Ewood Park is only five and a half miles from the Crown Ground. Turf Moor is only half a mile further from the Crown.

that`ll make it 6 miles dry.gif

tufr moor is not 6 miles from ewood park. and nor is it only half a mile from stanlerys ground. balls! where is the aa root map, when i need one!! laugh.gif

395338[/snapback]

What time is it in the colony? cos you really are talking balls. READ IT AGAIN thumbs-up.gif

you are joking right, dan....how many more times would you like me to read it?? turf moor is not 6 miles from rovers!!

395361[/snapback]

If Ewood Park is 5.5 miles from The Crown Ground and the Turd is half a mile further (from The Crown Ground than Ewood is) that would make The Turd 6 miles from Stanley (5.5m + .5m).

The Turd would, therefore, be 11 miles from Ewood (the nearest they'll get to The Premiership) as 6m to The Crown plus 5m from The Crown to Ewood = 11m.

I think.

(sorry to but in).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.