BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 2-1 Portsmouth

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically all the results are going our way at the moment other than in the Bolton-Liverpool game so if we could pick up a win it would do be great.

Edit- As I say that Liverpool score and that scoreline is that much bit better for us.

Edited by Eddie

Worrie dabout tonights game, while on paper it says it's a game we must win, Pompey aren't v. good at the moment and all the pundits on sky are predicting a home win.

Thats gonna be Portsmouths first away win of 2006 and we know how clubs like to come and get firsts against us.

I'm not predicting a score but what I will predict is we need to start the game at a high tempo, get our foot on Pompeys throat and keep it there. If we start off slowly and play casual football the little bit of confidence they will bring with them will grow and we'll have a problem to solve.

Kill Rovers Kill.

Worrie dabout tonights game, while on paper it says it's a game we must win, Pompey aren't v. good at the moment and all the pundits on sky are predicting a home win.

Thats gonna be Portsmouths first away win of 2006 and we know how clubs like to come and get firsts against us.

370816[/snapback]

To be fair we're only 2 days into 2006, though, so they have been hard pressed to get an away win before tonight's game. wink.gif

I know you mean this season, Mrs. Only kidding wink.gif

You're right about firsts against us though...

I'm hoping for another comprehensive, confident victory. An early goal and we'll kill 'em. The longer it goes on the more confident they'll get. I'll go 3-1 Rovers smile.gif

Actually Im sure Bellers will be aware that Sparky wants to ease him back in, hamstrings can be a nasty thing.

I can see him getting 90 minutes against QPR to get him ready for the United game.

This may work to our advantage or could backfire. He could come on with the game stretched and with lots of space and tired legs.

Disappointed for Gray. Lets hope Dom does OK.

Having Tugay on the bench is another joker card.

Same story also here in Finland.  mad.gif

370825[/snapback]

Same story 3000 miles away here in the UAE mad.gif

They will show just ONE Rovers game in January (against Bolton). Compare that to 5 for Spurs and 4 for Birmingham .....

And the funny thing is that they will not show oru games in spite of there being no time conflicts (as in today)

What's that song that blares over the speakers when Rovers go in for half-time?

Oh and GO ROVERS!! Reid instrumental in that econd goal....His improving game will make the Tugay contract talks a bit more interesting....if he can keep it up...

What's that song that blares over the speakers when Rovers go in for half-time?

Oh and GO ROVERS!! Reid instrumental in that econd goal....His improving game will make the Tugay contract talks a bit more interesting....if he can keep it up...

370838[/snapback]

That'll be Wild Rover, a traditional irish tune.

Or perhaps you mean the god awful "Final Countdown"? *shudder*

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.