SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nelsen

SAS

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting, as soccernet had an article that appeared to quote hughes saying up to a month, that could be old news, I'm sure....

Worrisome though, seeing as the injury is in the same surgically repaired hammy. That's not a good thing.

Check the Soccernet Rovers correspondents comments re Nelsen. ;)

One certain change should be the return of Chris Samba in place of the injured Ryan Nelsen, whose hamstring injury isn’t a bad as first thought and could be back in time for the return leg against Larissa

Ive just done the maths and Nelsen earns more than £50,000 a week, surely this isnt right?

Gee whiz!! I'll happily make a comeback for that kind of dosh. Will probably only last for one week, but Hey! Who cares?

After reading that article it makes me even more proud of what Uncle Jack did for the club. He didn't just "Buy a Championship", he set this club up for loooong after he left this earth, not only financially, but facility-wise as well.

Oh and that Nelsen, he's a top bloke, inn'he? :rover:

Ive just done the maths and Nelsen earns more than £50,000 a week, surely this isnt right?

We discussed this when news about the new contact first broke and I just can't believe it. I don't know whether there has been some confusion over how much he earns over the course of his contract, NZ dollars, US dollars or whatever, but we surely can't be paying him that much.

Nelsen is just one of the coolest stories ever especially as an American who fully understands how far away he was from professional football when he was 20 years old. It makes me wonder if there aren't many other players who get cast off or never found because they're too old to be molded by the "professional" coaches and nobody will give them a chance.

We discussed this when news about the new contact first broke and I just can't believe it. I don't know whether there has been some confusion over how much he earns over the course of his contract, NZ dollars, US dollars or whatever, but we surely can't be paying him that much.

I think we could easily be paying him that much. We offered Bellamy 60k and I imagine Hughes looked at the squad last season and thought that Nelsen was as crucial to the team as the Welshman. Plenty of teams with lots of money to spend on wages like Spurs, West Ham, Villa and, of couse, Pompey would be delighted to take Nelsen off our hands and pay him that sort of wage. Hughes would have wanted to set Nelsen up at Blakcburn and remove any possibility that he would look to leave.

Nelsen is arguably - alongside Samba, Cruz, Friedal and Bentley - our best player. He is also our captain. I think that sort of pay packet, if ludicrous in a general context, is quite understandable in the world of football and Blackburn Rovers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.