SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nelsen

SAS

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If things continue the way they are going i cant see Nelsen ever leaving us to be honest. He doesnt seem like a money motivated player...and so long as Fergie gets his way and Quiros gets the Utd job, then i would thing that Sparky would be with us for a while too...certainly the next 4 years.

Blackburn Rovers premier league skipper Ryan Nelsen has backed Danny Hay's retention as All Whites captain, healing a potential rift as they prepare for two huge World Cup warm-up games in South America.

Nelsen heals wounds by backing Hay as skipper

The All Whites tour Costa Rica and Venezuela between March 20-31, hopefully the travel doesnt effect him too much

We simply cannot afford to lose him at this stage in the season. I will be very suprised if he goes on this tour. He is the captain of Rovers and if we are to make a top eight finish we need him.

As much as losing Nelsen for the rest of the year or for an extended run of games saddens me, it doesn't worry me as much as before. Zurab and Samba have done very well together when they've played. Now, I'm not saying Zurab's a direct replacement for Ryan, but he's done well enough this year with Samba that the mere thought of losing Ryan for a spell doesn't send me into apoplexic seizures...

I wish he didnt have to play for NZ.

He could very easily stop playing for New Zealand but i doubt he would do that. I notice Benni has retired from international football. Although with most teams from down south playing their friendlies in london it does make things slightly better. Still the issue of pointless friendlies exists.

Ryan has been getting back to normal and better each game. I hope he can come back soon and get that partnership with Samba back up and running.

• 3 months later...

Quite surprised by this announcement due to the one he signed last season, but one that I am delighted to hear about this one.

I've never seen a proper centre half at the club since the days of Colin Hendry (bar the exception of Craig Short) and will never forget that clearance against West Ham a two seasons ago. I've spoken to the man on a numerous occasions and he is a very down to earth person and extremely intelligent. Lets hope that he can manage these next five years on top form, free from injury and less insults from 'Arry' with a poxy £6million bid.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.