[Archived] Nelsen

SAS

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good news hope neil follows in nelsen and reids foot steps

good news hope neil follows in nelsen and reids foot steps as well

Yes. As Bobby G would no doubt put it, and probably will very soon: "That's good news, I hope that Neill follows in Reid and Nelson's footsteps."

If Neill were to do to noble thing and sign on the dotted line Like Reid and Nelsen before him, then that would, no doubt, be good news...

;)

Great news - So far this summer we have had Nelsen, Reid & Pedersen all signing 4 year deals. We just need Neill to sign up now too.

It is great news about Nelsen, especially after Reid and MGP have also signed new deals.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it, but wouldn't it be super if Lucas followed their examples?

Yeah, whatever.

Anyway, with a bit of luck Neill will sign a new contract now as well. After all Reid, Morten Gamst Pedersen and Ryan Nelsen have all signed new contracts this summer. Maybe he'll follow suit?

Guys, I don't think you were clear enough with this... the wrong Aussie just signed a contract extension!

The Nelsen interview on RoversWorld is extremely uplifting and positive. He clearly wants to be here, thinks Rovers are going in the right direction and genuinely feels we are capable of winning something.

It's obvious Hughesy is motivating and inspiring the team to great things.

We were perfectly clear, unfortunately, your average australian isn't that bright and accordingly, Bert signed rather than the talented one.

Still, I heartily expect Berts cell mate to sign in the next week or so. If they can't get out on parole together, I think they will both stay.

We were perfectly clear, unfortunately, your average australian isn't that bright and accordingly, Bert signed rather than the talented one.

Still, I heartily expect Berts cell mate to sign in the next week or so. If they can't get out on parole together, I think they will both stay.

:lol:

For 20-30,000 pounds a week, Take me to gaol, take me to gaol.

You can slag Bert from pillar to post, but of one thing I'm certain, he's a top bloke, unaffected by money (he doesn't need to work ever again), and hasn't drifted away from his mates in the area he was brought up in. He has just bought a rather large property in western Sydney in which to settle. He's got his financial future settled, not bad for a 28 year old.

If he "isn't that bright", what does it say about the people paying him?

Dave,

Lets not have a debate about how bright premiership footballers are shall we?

At the risk of making a sweeping generalisation (which is so unlike me) they are all as thick as two short planks but just happen to be extremely good at a sport that pays them vast swathes of cash every week.

They are not curing cancer, or splitting the atom, there are probably less than a dozen in the premiership that have any kind of further education qualifications, and most them would be in jail if they weren't playing football.

Sadly, if salary was linked to IQ, there woud be a lot of players on minimum wage!

Chesh, we are realists, you and I.

To give footballers a little credit though, have you ever listened to a Rugby League player speaking? They make Footballers sound intelligent.

On an IQ level, they would be paying us to watch.

Having said that, Bert is a top bloke, as is Lucas and Tim Cahill. Yeah, they aren't Rhodes scholars, but when they are back here, they realise how priveliged they are to be earning so much dough. They quite willingly go back to their old schools, clubs etc and show what can be acheived if you put your mind to it and sacrifice part of your youth in an endeavour to make it.

I have my views about Bert and the way he has played at the Rovers, but I won't go into that here. Maybe later, when he has left...

That's a fair point Dave. They don't have to go back home and help out with the schools etc, so it is to their credit that they do. I know David James has recently set up a foundation for helping underpriviledged children, as has Quinton Fortune. It's good to see them using their wealth and success to put something back.

Sadly, for every David James, there are about 100 Craig Bellamy's.

Lee's maths skills get the mediawatch treatment on F365:

From the Blackburn Rovers official website:

'Ryan is the fourth player to extend their contract with the club this summer after defender Michael Gray and midfielders Tugay, Steven Reid and Morten Gamst Pedersen also put pen to paper on new deals.'

Who says you need a GCSE in maths to be a journalist?

Lets not have a debate about how bright premiership footballers are shall we?

At the risk of making a sweeping generalisation (which is so unlike me) they are all as thick as two short planks but just happen to be extremely good at a sport that pays them vast swathes of cash every week.

They are not curing cancer, or splitting the atom, there are probably less than a dozen in the premiership that have any kind of further education qualifications, and most them would be in jail if they weren't playing football.

Sadly, if salary was linked to IQ, there woud be a lot of players on minimum wage!

Nelsen has a degree in Political Science from Stanford University, consistently ranked in the top 10 of the world's universities, and above both Oxford and Cambridge in the most recent rankings released this week.

Nelsen has a degree in Political Science from Stanford University, consistently ranked in the top 10 of the world's universities, and above both Oxford and Cambridge in the most recent rankings released this week.

But we always knew he was bright - he just turned down Pompey to sign a contract extension with Rovers :D

Where? Let's sign them.

I don't think we need a hundred; one would be enough! :lol:

Oh silly me! I never thought of that. (selling the other 99 at £6m each, that is)

Edited by Fife Rover

• 3 weeks later...

Afraid not Den-according to the LET tonight he needs an OPERATION as we cannot cure his hamstring troubles. So when the mirror said around 1 week ago that he was out for four months they probably werent lying for once. We could be screwed if the boys dont get their act together at the back, we need our best player back asap.

Edited by Somerset Rover!

Think that's a bit harsh on Nelsen - he played quite a lot last season as I recall. It does seem like a serious injury which is pretty bad news, but calling hima crock is OTT as he missed no more games last season than you'd expect from any premiership player who is a regular for there team.

With emerton's latest form at right back, the extension looks a good deal, especially if Neill might be off in january.

the guys pretty much a crock. He has worse hamstrings than David Dunn it seems. He missed a few weeks last season because of the same problem

i think crock is a bit harsh, i think with his latest injury the medical staff just had problems working out what was wrong.

ooijer and zurab will be alright :rover:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.