BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newell To Meet Fa

I feel like everytime he opens his mouth there's less chance he will become our next manager...something that i wanted to happen.

It's not the things he's saying but rather the way he puts it across...there's enough predujice against rovers for being dirty or whatever...could you imagine what it would be like if we had the refferee hating, woman hating and foreing player hating Mike Newell in charge?!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet again the words of Martin Johnston spring to mind. "I can't understand football players. They spend 90 mins pretending that they are hurt whilst rugby players spend 80 mins pretending that they are not hurt".

Wise words from a 'proper man'.... Graham Souness take note!

I must admit that in my days I used to get kicked and just grit my teeth, get on with it and bide my time cos I hated to allow the guy marking the pleasure of knowing that he had hurt me. A lot more violent times when football was for men and 'Dont get mad get even' was the motto in those days.

Nice Vid. :)

Course it was the foreigners, in general, that brought diving to the forefront in this country - and in general, they're still at it.

:ph34r: Dives under cupboard to avoid fire.

This is even better....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuEP27ff6Qc...related&search=

And I'll tell you what. In many cases of sending offs where somebody retaliates by pushing, shoving, slapping his opponent and the opponent goes down like he's been poleaxed the best answer is for the ref not to be judge and jury but to send both the bgugers off! Easy peasy, fair and square to both sides and the snidey provocation and even snidier playacting would stop overnight. Viddy evidence would sort it out later. Whats difficult about that goodness only knows.

• 10 months later...

VAT tribunal found Birmingham and Newcastle guilty of exactly the same offences as the FA are charging Luton with

The Quest report disclosed that 16 Premiership clubs have done the same thing when it came to non-contracted payments to agents but presumably unlike Newcastle and Birmingham did not have the cheek to reclaim the VAT or have quietly settled with the VAT man.

Agents talking about fighting the charges. I wonder what harm this is doing to Mike Newell's employment prospects- the fact that he spoke out publicly about a practice that seems to have been/be commonplace throughout football post-Bosman and only his former employers are getting the book thrown at them?

Edited by philipl

Reports on Sky Sports News suggests that Harry Redknapp, Milan Mandaric, Peter Storrie, Amdy Faye and Willy McKay were the ones arrested this morning.

It isn't connected with the Stevens report, but it is due to money laundering.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.