BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fat Sam Is A Knob!

ABBEY

Hopefully someone will be able to send a video of Saturday evening's Lancashire derby to Alan Green. His opinion that Bolton are an ugly aggressive side will be reinforced.

I thought Bolton could conceivably have been down to eight men in the match. Fadiga was booked for an ugly challenge and then threw the ball away - which some refs would have felt was as an offence that merited a further booking. Indeed, Steve Bennett sent off Danny Murphy at the Valley for doing the same thing against Arsenal on Boxing Day.

I thought the worst tackle on the night was by the young abrasive Dubliner Joey O'Brien on Lucas Neill. Some refs would have seen O'Brien's lunge as a straight red rather than a booking.

Big Sam complained afterwards about the refereeing of Mike Riley - but if anything I thought Riley was lenient towards Bolton. It seems that Sam wants to adopt a 'siege mentality' at the Reebok - berating officials and claiming that Bolton are being victimised by referees. The truth is that his Bolton side are not playing by the rules and are doing everything they can to rile the opposition on the pitch.

Sam has been tipped as a future England manager - but his recent antics have indicated to me that he wouldn't be an appropriate choice. And I suspect some of the men in grey suits at the FA won't have been too happy with Allardyce's TV interview afterwards - where he read from a sheet of paper the number of yellow and red cards that Riley dished out.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"He's nearly caused a riot here today when our fans decided to jump over the fence. I don't think that's caused by players"

374576[/snapback]

This is the bit that really gets me: you're right, Sam, it's not caused by the players - its caused by the fans in question being brainless morons. withstupid.gif

Edited by Radagast

Big Sam Great Manager, Complete W****r!!!!

Would love to see him charge of the National side one day.

But his BW tinted specs are becoming annoying now, he believes that whenever anything goes against him club, its because of the referee isn't upto scratch.

His side were extremely lucky to finish the match with ten men, it could ahve been 7 or 8 the way his players were taclking.

• 6 months later...

That's surprisingly candid. He must be upset at lack of investment or some such. Either that, or he percieves expectations as unrealistic and he's trying to lower them, not like our Sparky, who's raising them, if anything :)

Problem he may see is our improvement. He'll see the top 4 as looking secure and then if they slip up he has to fight it out with us, Spurs, Newcastle and probably one or two other clubs and you wouldn't see them (or us) as favourites to win that. I think we have a better squad, first 11 and manager, but I wouldn't be happy to hear Hughes saying that.

Honestly think Fat Sam has had enough of Bolton now.

He has dne a miracle job at that club, and I think his constant whining is just letting bigger clubs that he is available should any vacancies become available.

He probably desereves a shot at a slightly higher level, though I hope the big fat whalrus never gets it.

Honestly think Fat Sam has had enough of Bolton now.

He has dne a miracle job at that club, and I think his constant whining is just letting bigger clubs that he is available should any vacancies become available.

He probably desereves a shot at a slightly higher level, though I hope the big fat whalrus never gets it.

heard on the wireless over the wkend, that 'fat sam' had agreed to join sunderland, but backed out at the last minute.

the party line from the wankys was- ''this is nonsense, we've had no contact and he doesnt want to leave bolton.''

it's a shame the wheels appear to be falling off. there such a nice club an all! :P

• 1 year later...

Owen on a collision course with Big Sam

On a slightly different note, last year in September 2006, following the BBC Panorama 'bungs' programme, Sam announced: "I am planning to sue the BBC over the false and highly damaging allegations. I have instructed my lawyers to prepare my case against the BBC."

But Allardyce (and Harry Redknapp) have both missed the deadline to sue the BBC. Under libel laws, proceedings have to be served within a year of publication and the deadline passed last month without even a whimper from Big Sam.

This indicates to me that Sam is full of hot air. He hasn't put his money where his (big) mouth is and hasn't been brave enough to go ahead with the legal action he said he would take.

Sam doesn't speak to the BBC anymore, but I hope the next time he's interviewed after a game on Sky TV, someone will ask him: "Why did you say last year that you were going to sue the BBC when you haven't done so ?"

Mind you, the last time somebody from Sky asked about the Panorama allegations, Big Sam threw a wobbly. When presenter Jeff Stelling asked him last season if the allegations against him were true, Big Sam flew into a rage and said: "You're bang out of order Jeff".

Sam spits his dummy out of the pram at anybody who dares to question his integrity. But if Sam had actually gone ahead with legal action against the BBC and cleared his name then nobody could question his innocence. But when he promises one thing and then does another, there'll always be a doubt hanging over him. If the BBC had made "false and highly damaging allegations" according to Sam, why hasn't he sued them ?

A link to last season's comments from Allardyce - when he said he'd be suing the BBC - is HERE

That would be an unbelievably splendiferous put down if (a) Paul Sturrock was doing a terrible job as Swindon manager, (b.) you weren't digging up a view I held 3/4 years ago without the illuminating benefit of hindsight and which I have since revoked and admitted that I was probably very wrong (c.) every human being was always right in their predictions.

However, seeing as those three provisos are not met, you just sound silly.

You thought (yes, I have been bitter enough to turn to the search facility) that Javi De Pedro would be a decent addition to the Rovers squad. Now, I respect that view that you held, although I disagreed at the time and it turned out to be wrong. But if I were to follow your logic, I should now chuckle every time you discuss a midfielder.

Edited by rover6

• 1 month later...

Big Sam given until Christmas before he gets the boot

Newcastle have gained only one point from their last five Premiership games - a somewhat fortuitous draw against Sunderland - and the Geordie natives are getting restless and unhappy at their recent displays. After their shambolic 4-1 defeat at home to Portsmouth last month Newcastle were roundly booed off the St James' Park pitch.

Newcastle's 3-0 defeat at home to Liverpool was an atrocious display, with Alan Shearer suggesting it could easily have been six or seven nil to Liverpool. Big Sam's team didn't have a single shot on target during the whole match. The Match of the Day cameras showed a number of Geordie fans, their faces contorted with anger, chanting at Sam: "You don't know what you're doing". (Apparently other chants recently heard at St James' Park include "Big Sam for England" and "You should have stayed at the Reebok.")

After Newcastle's 3-1 defeat against Rovers on Saturday there was another rash of calls to radio stations from angry Geordies calling for Big Sam's head on a plate. It's not just the results that the fans are unhappy with, they are also less than enamoured with Sam's preferred long-ball style of play.

At Bolton under Big Sam the style of play was ugly but effective. At Newcastle, Sam's style is ugly and ineffective.

I was interested to have a look at a couple of Newcastle fan websites recently. The opinion of the fans has certainly firmly turned against Allardyce. Amongst the comments I read about Sam were "Terrrible manager, terrible tactics. He has to go." and "We're even worse than under Souness".

Another Geordie fan posted: "There is no flair in the team and no established pattern of play. Everything in black and white at the moment looks a shambles. I dont think Big Sam is able to produce a team performance which in any way resembles a Premiership outfit and frankly he is out of his depth at Newcastle."

The Geordie continued in his rant: "Some pundits say that Sam has only been at the club for a few short months - give him time. Time for what, to take us further into disaster ? The guy just cant hack it. His teams lack direction, there is no leadership on the field and we look like a ship lost in the sea. Sam brought in several players and to date their impact has been dismal, great salaries paid to several players who are keen on taking a last pay deal at Newcastle's expense."

"Sam's tactics are awful, his team selections and deployment of his players even more awful. The good players we have are going backwards. We have not improved with his coaching methods and if he stays no doubt we will sign more over-rated players in the window and waste more good money"

Another posted: "We can't afford to wait until May. Sam has to be sacked NOW. Negative, inept, hopeless, we're an absolute disgrace. It is embarrassing to watch such poor football. Mike Ashley needs to make a decision before the transfer window opens in January: we need to try to salvage something from the season by replacing Sam and spending real money on a real manager. Sam is not the answer for Newcastle."

It will be interesting to see the reaction of Newcastle fans should they lose at home to Arsenal on Wednesday. If Big Sam does get the boot, unfortunately Rovers fans will probably have to endure speculation about Mark Hughes going there - even though Sparky has recently extended his contract at Ewood.

In my opinion Hughes would be crazy to leave Rovers for the turmoil and turbulence at St James' Park, where the fans can easily get on a manager's back if a few results don't go their way. The Geordie fans are "vicious" according to Joey Barton. True, but a clear case of the pot calling the kettle black from Mr Barton.

"Big Sam facing a revolt from senior players"

Sam is obviously not happy that news of dressing room discontent has got into the papers. Is there a mole within the club who has been leaking news stories to the media ? Rovers may have had similar problems towards the end of Graeme Souness's reign.

A few more comments below that I read today on a Newcastle United fans website. The Geordies certainly aren't happy at the moment....

"Allardyce had the summer to buy players and he did have cash to spend. He then had the whole pre-season to work with the squad, and we are now in December with the holiday period looming large. We have been outplayed by Derby and Sunderland for God's sake! Sam has to go now before he destroys any confidence our players may have left and completely wrecks the season."

"I have well and truly lost faith in Allardyce now. The guy doesn't know what he is doing. We have a better set of players than lots of teams and this guy has no idea how to play them."

"Another game on Saturday, another formation change, players out of position. Allardyce is worse than Ranieri and Benitez for tinkering. I'm also left speechless at some of the managers comments in the local press today. Apparently he's finding it difficult to grasp the pressure that is building on Tyneside. Well Sam, try to attack teams instead of trying to nullify their threats and concentrate on our teams strengths. Then you might win some games and relieve some pressure."

It's funny - I really dislike Allardyce but I'm starting to feel some sympathy for him. Frankly, managing Newcastle is becoming the joke job of the premier league - like Citeh was a few years back. Apart from the fat payoff you can look forward to after your 3, 4, 5 or 6 month go! You really get the sense that maybe Ossie Ardiles would be the best manager for them - when he managed Spurs and played his revolutionary 4-0-6 formation they were really entertaining :rolleyes:

Watching them on Saturday - the first time I've really done so this year - it seemed to me he is trying to create another Bolton, with Smith as his Kevin Davies and Martins as his Anelka. Unfortunately, Smith isn't as good as Davies at that role and Martins isn't as good as Anelka, despite what the Geordies think. And, he doesn't have the dull-yet-reliable defenders and midfielders that Bolton had! He has players who think they are better than they are (take a bow Mr Barton!). The one mistake he made against us was not playing Viduka - as long as I can remember Viduka has scored against us.

I'm not sure that environment is one to cut your managerial teeth in but if Shearer does do it then he'll have his work cut out!

I would imagine that Asley will be aware that if he sacks Allerdyce he will have even more trouble attracting a decent manager than he has recently. Most will look at the job as being a graveyard for careers. Hughes has emphasised his relationship with the board as being key to his success so I think there is little chance of him wanting a shot at St james.

I like Allerdyce but it beggers belief that a side containing Milner, Duff, N'Zogbia, Barton, Smith, Emre, Taylor, Given, Owen, Martins and Viduka is playing so badly, even allowing for injuries.

I wouldn't feel too sorry for Alladyce, like the above post says, he's got the players to work with, but he's trying to fit them into the Bolton style of play which isn't working.

Plus if he does get sacked, he effectively won't have to work again with £2-3m in his pocket!!

It's about time the Geordies faced facts. Yes they are a big club but only based on their fan base and this alone. Fat Sam inherited a dreadful team, he's bought dreadful players (Rozenhal, what's he all about?) but if they get rid of him they are back to square one. The more they change their manager, the less likely they are to gain momentum and the more frustrated their fans will become.

Lets see what this Ashley guy is all about but if he sacks him, then more fool him!

And Owen as his Henrik Pedersen :unsure:

Nah, he played Pedersen at left back...

I think Big Sam wanted rid of Owen before the start of the season. Why else would he go the press shouting about Owen's releases clauses and how he didn't want him to leave but if the clause was activated what could he do? That was a clear 'come and get him' to the rest of the footballing world.

I can see him going after Anelka and maybe even Kevin Davies again, TBH. Probably when Bolton go down for Davies, though.

With the Big Sam 'way of playing' you can get in journeymen footballers and plug them into the system and it'll work. At the moment it's still not really his squad and the players listed don't fit his system (Owen certainly doesn't)

If he fancies emptying any of them out on the cheap I'd take a few of them like a shot. Hughesy would turn them into stars...

Nah, he played Pedersen at left back...

I think Big Sam wanted rid of Owen before the start of the season. Why else would he go the press shouting about Owen's releases clauses and how he didn't want him to leave but if the clause was activated what could he do? That was a clear 'come and get him' to the rest of the footballing world.

I can see him going after Anelka and maybe even Kevin Davies again, TBH. Probably when Bolton go down for Davies, though.

With the Big Sam 'way of playing' you can get in journeymen footballers and plug them into the system and it'll work. At the moment it's still not really his squad and the players listed don't fit his system (Owen certainly doesn't)

If he fancies emptying any of them out on the cheap I'd take a few of them like a shot. Hughesy would turn them into stars...

Pains me to say it but the only one I'd take from them would be Joey Barton.