BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fat Sam Is A Knob!

ABBEY

As a one off I don't mind an entertaining 3 - 2 defeat or an ugly 1 - 0 win. I don't want ugly every game though.

BFS takes gamesmanship beyond MY acceptable limits, therefore I feel I wouldn't want to watch his team week in, week out.

So you would rather watch a losing team than a winning one ? Bizarre.

The notion that all games involving Bolton under Allardyce were "boring" or involed "one-dimensional" football is nonsense too. I recall plenty of exciting games on MoD involving the Trotters under Allardyce, and they usually ended with victory for Bolton too.

Rovers under Allardyce would be no more "boring" or tactically sterile than they were under Hughes; they would be hard to beat and they would continue to get up the noses of the southern media and the likes of Wenger and Benitez. Good. Just how I like it.

Edited by jim mk2

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Free from emotive crap these are the FACTS that our board will have in front of them.

since both teams were promoted.....

---------------- BRFC --- Pos -------- BWFC --- Pos

2007/8 .......... 23944 ... 7 .......... 20901 ... 16 (Post Allardyce)

2006/7 .......... 21275 ... 10 .......... 23606 ... 7

2005/6 .......... 21015 ... 6 .......... 25455 ... 8

2004/5 .......... 22315 ... 15 ......... 26006 ... 6

2003/4 .......... 24376 ... 15 ......... 26795 ... 8

2002/3 .......... 26226 ... 6 .......... 25017 ... 17

2001/2 .......... 25976 ... 10 .......... 25097 ... 16

Edited by thenodrog

As a one off I don't mind an entertaining 3 - 2 defeat or an ugly 1 - 0 win. I don't want ugly every game though.

If the alternative was losing EVERY game are you still going to be blindly adamant about preferring to watch good football to winning games? Ignoring the possible (maybe probable) concsequences of such actions, i.e. relegation.

AESF's sentiments reflect a very large proportion of this board. I agree with pretty much everything he said.

If Allardyce were to join the club, I can forsee horrible football, the club's profile going downhill, controversy surrounding events at Ewood Park and attendances plummeting. He will probably bring stability, but I don't want us to sell our soul in the process.

Great post...How many of you, like me, shouted so much abuse at himn as manger of Bolton (Especialy), and Newcastle...Now some of you want him at Rovers..No thanks. I want to see a young, English manager given a chance. Yes, it's a risk but we are good at that. What has the fact He is "Black" got to do with anything. When He played for england we did not care. Ex Manchester United??.. We are famous for takingh ex United playes and sqeezing that extra bit out of them. Andrew Cole's winner at the League cup final is a good example of that. Would you give that trophy back just because Cole played for Manchester united?..

So you would rather watch a losing team than a winning one ? Bizarre.

The notion that all games involving Bolton under Allardyce were "boring" or involed "one-dimensional" football is nonsense too. I recall plenty of exciting games on MoD involving the Trotters under Allardyce, and they usually ended with victory for Bolton too.

Rovers under Allardyce would be no more "boring" or tactically sterile than they were under Hughes; they would be hard to beat and they would continue to get up the noses of the southern media and the likes of Wenger and Benitez. Good. Just how I like it.

Not wishing to intrude too much on your private angst over the appointment of Thunder Thigh's successor, but I have read some amazing comments in this thread. None more baffling than "I would prefer McLaren to Allardyce" or some such tosh. I then read jim mk2's comments above and was thankful for some sanity.

I am not an Allardyce apologist or supporter by any stretch of the imagination. He shat on my club regally when he left and did his utmost to take away or unsettle players and staff at that time. (But Hughesy will probably try that on with you. It's the way of the world sadly.) But please believe me, Allardyce is a very good manager and, were he to get the job at Blackburn, he would do a good job for you.

In the time he managed Bolton we saw our share of long ball football. That's the sort of football that's called "direct" or "route 1" when practised by clubs such as Liverpool or Chelsea - but that's different somehow. We're a long ball team, you see. Just like Rovers are a brawling bunch of alehouse thugs. (You're not - but hey, stereotypes sell newspapers and keep lazy media commentators in jobs and on sofas!) Players like Hierro, Okocha, Djorkaeff, Campo, Anelka and, dare I say it, Djiouf have all brought memorable footballing moments to my club in recent years. World Cup Winners, European Nations Winners and Champions League Winners, all brought by the lure of long ball football at little old Bolton.? Not really.

Newcastle screwed the relationship up, not Allardyce. Keegan is an accident waiting to happen, as his successor will be too. I smiled when they buggered it up and serves Sam right! He can still manage though.

Having said that, I think Incey could be a good boss for you too. But McLaren.... Lordy!

I have read some amazing comments in this thread. None more baffling than "I would prefer McLaren to Allardyce" or some such tosh. I then read jim mk2's comments above and was thankful for some sanity.

Actually it was jim who wrote the "I would prefer McClaren to Allardyce" tosh .

So much for sanity ............. :wacko:

Actually it was jim who wrote the "I would prefer McClaren to Allardyce" tosh .

So much for sanity ............. :wacko:

I hadn't spotted that. Ho hum! :rolleyes:

My evil side hopes you get McLaren, by the way. (That's local rivalry for you!)

Edited by Zulu

My evil side hopes you get McLaren, by the way. (That's local rivalry for you!)
:lol: There'd be something wrong if you didn't.

I still can't get over the amount of hatred there is for Allardyce - Okay, so he's not exactly what we would have had on our Xmas lists, but come on - I do wonder how much of the random dislike comes from seeing him in your dugout for so long.

He still turns my stomach a little, but so do most of the players down the road - It's just one of those things, that local rivalry thing again - But seriously, we can't let that get in the way of the fact that he did a tremendous job before Newcastle made a scapegoat of him.

Still not my number one choice, but i wouldn't be disappointed if he was announced.

my first choice is henk ten cate, but if we appointed sam allardyce i wouldnt be against the idea..

many people are judging his time at newcastle-judge him at bolton, he was brilliant there-he did well with a small club with limited funds-just like ourselves..

zulu is right-you do see liverpool and chelsea attempting long ball football-but because bolton have the name for it, it sticks..ive seen many of time chelsea struggling and start playing long ball football up to drogba..regarding blackburn and dirty tatics aswell-this season we havent been dirty at all-but the name stil sticks...

sam allardyce has worked at a club like ourselves with a tight budget and did very well-he came close to getting the england job aswell-i think he would do well at blackburn and would most probably change his playing style with more talented players to pick from(no offence zulu)

Edited by Mozzer

Erm, by the argument of "he did well at a small club before", then you'd also be happy with bondage boy jewell who did well at an even smaller club than bolton or alan curbishley who had charlton comfortably safe every year! I would'nt touch any with yours, as the counter argument is EVERYTHING CHANGES AT A NEW CLUB! As they have all found out. I want the next sparky i.e ince! Fella has played for united, liverpool and inter he knows the ins and outs of what a professional top flight backroom team should be, and there is no reason to suggest he would'nt assemble one and no one knows what his eye for a player will be like until he's given a shot. In conclusion NO HAS BEENS!

I posted this in another thread, but I feel it needs repeating as many from the outside seem to think that Allardyce's failure at Newcastle was Newcastle's fault. It was 100% Allardyce's fault:

Hello, Newcastle fan here, thought I'd fill you in on why Allardyce's tenure here was such a disaster:

1) Derby County's Premier League record: W1 D8 GS20 Pts11

Derby's record vs Sam Allardyce's Newcastle: W1 D1 GS 3 Pts4

2) Sam Allardyce's legendary training methods:

3) Newcastle players wanting to hurt each other in training: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...stle-broke.html

4) Alan Smith - Played 33 games, 0 goals, 78 fouls (4th in the Premier League this season, most of which were pointless and many led to goals conceded)

5) After results such as 3-1 win over Spurs and 3-2 win over Everton, Allardyce announces the team isn't defending enough and reverts to a Boltonesque strategy having initially promised to play a system based around Newcastle's strengths. We go a run of poor results against lesser teams, with the defensive outlook resulting in being completely dominated in terms of possession and territory.

6) Selling our most creative player (Solano) without signing a replacement.

7) Selling one of our most dangerous players (Dyer) and replacing him with Smith

8) Was given a choice of Smith or Elano and chose Smith

9) Criticises the board for missing out on some of his main targets. Who was this main target? One Kevin Nolan.

10) Signing a young defender for £6m and not playing him.

11) Playing a left winger who can't defend at left back.

12) Playing our only right winger on the left

13) Playing a various number of uncomfortable players on the right.

14) Joey Barton. Not a bad player, but with history so you have to look after him properly. Not Allardyce though who had to (Please don't use that word again) with Barton's head on Boxing Day. the aftermath is legendary.

15) Fines for dribbling and shooting.

16) Unmotivated and uninspired players.

17) Chopping and changing the team.

18) Blaming his captain by stripping the captaincy, even though our best run of games came when he played.

19) Allardyce is renowned for his famous fitness conditioning. Our players all looked knackered at 45 minutes.

20) Lost a lot of the Bolton coaches, and it would seem that he is pretty useless without them.

21) Blaming the players.

22) Falling out with an unnamed senior player (believed to be Owen, Given or Harper) and accusing them of undermining him in the media.

23) Signing aged centre backs who despite being good players were completely unsuited to the Premier League.

24) 352 suicide versus Liverpool

25) Aggressive style of play that cost us a place in the Fair Play League

26) Players becoming more negative after half time team talks.

27) Only four players regularly performed at an acceptable level under Allardyce: Harper, Milner, Beye, Viduka.

28) The following players only looked good once he had gone: Steven Taylor, Abdoulaye Faye, Jose Enrique, Nicky Butt, Geremi, Oba Martins, Joey Barton, Michael Owen.

To be honest, I wouldn't wish him on any club. He was worse than Souness.

I posted this in another thread, but I feel it needs repeating as many from the outside seem to think that Allardyce's failure at Newcastle was Newcastle's fault. It was 100% Allardyce's fault:

Bring back Souness ..at least we had a little bit of fun along the way!

Besides, a leopard doesn't change his spots. He turned his appearance on ITV on Saturday into the Sam Allardyce propaganda where he basically spouted out the same kind of nosense that had us all fooled when he was appointed manager.

However, he showed his colours when he announced 'Spain can't defend, so they need to sit back in the second half.' Allardyce would say that in his half time team talks, players would follow his instructions and sit back, and we'd suffer an embarassing defeat without posing a goal threat.

He is a big fraud.

Besides, a leopard doesn't change his spots. He turned his appearance on ITV on Saturday into the Sam Allardyce propaganda where he basically spouted out the same kind of nosense that had us all fooled when he was appointed manager.

However, he showed his colours when he announced 'Spain can't defend, so they need to sit back in the second half.' Allardyce would say that in his half time team talks, players would follow his instructions and sit back, and we'd suffer an embarassing defeat without posing a goal threat.

He is a big fraud.

I'm with you brother, we cannot just gloss over his tenure at Newcastle as a 'blip'.

The Bolton scenario was something he built from nothing, and all credit to him for that, but he'd be taking over something that needs tuning rather than demolishing and rebuilding here. I don't think he can or will do that.

Good job they've got Keegan then! He'll make them break into the top four - after all they're a very big club. :tu:

Good job they've got Keegan then! He'll make them break into the top four - after all they're a very big club. :tu:

I thought you would have done a better job of pulling his post apart since you blamed it all on Newcastle for screwing it all up.

I thought you would have done a better job of pulling his post apart since you blamed it all on Newcastle for screwing it all up.

Step back from appointing your new manager for a minute. Does anyone, or at least anyone who isn't a blind Magpie diehard, really believe that Newcastle United handled the thing well? They had been tracking Allardyce for two years and finally got their man. He went into a club that was rotten to the core (still is) and got blown away in a matter of months. If they had given him time I believe he would have sorted the club out. We will never know.

I don't want to spend any time in pulling his post apart. As I said elsewhere I am neither an apologist or a defender of Allardyce. The man's a tosser. But he is a very good manager and, if appointed and given time, he will do a very good job for Blackburn. As will Ince.

Step back from appointing your new manager for a minute. Does anyone, or at least anyone who isn't a blind Magpie diehard, really believe that Newcastle United handled the thing well? They had been tracking Allardyce for two years and finally got their man. He went into a club that was rotten to the core (still is) and got blown away in a matter of months. If they had given him time I believe he would have sorted the club out. We will never know.

I don't want to spend any time in pulling his post apart. As I said elsewhere I am neither an apologist or a defender of Allardyce. The man's a tosser. But he is a very good manager and, if appointed and given time, he will do a very good job for Blackburn. As will Ince.

Agreed. Where were Newcastle in the table when they sacked Allardyce - 11th or thereabouts ? And where did they end the season under Keegan and how long is he likely to last at St James's next season ?

Allardyce was badly advised going to Newcastle but the likelihood he would have made them into a top six club within 2 seasons. Whether that would have been good enough for the imbeciles who run that club is doubtful though.

You're wrong about Ince. I don't want him anywhere near my club.