SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fat Sam Is A Knob!

ABBEY

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Where were Newcastle in the table when they sacked Allardyce - 11th or thereabouts ? And where did they end the season under Keegan and how long is he likely to last at St James's next season ?

Allardyce was badly advised going to Newcastle but the likelihood he would have made them into a top six club within 2 seasons. Whether that would have been good enough for the imbeciles who run that club is doubtful though.

You're wrong about Ince. I don't want him anywhere near my club.

Correct. Allardyce was Shepherds man and as such became Ashley's fall guy for when the going got tough.

btw Not often I concur with you Jim but I am in total agreement with your last sentence.

Agreed. Where were Newcastle in the table when they sacked Allardyce - 11th or thereabouts ? And where did they end the season under Keegan and how long is he likely to last at St James's next season ?

Allardyce was badly advised going to Newcastle but the likelihood he would have made them into a top six club within 2 seasons. Whether that would have been good enough for the imbeciles who run that club is doubtful though.

You're wrong about Ince. I don't want him anywhere near my club.

I am going to have to bite here. Yes, Allardyce was sacked in 11th place, and we finished 12th.

What that doesn't consider however was that game by game the team had overall picked up worse results than the corresponding fixtures the previous season (for instance we won away at Blackburn the previous season, but lost under Allardyce), and that previous season we had finished 5 points clear of relegation. Immediately after Allardyce was sacked, we had to play 7 games against the top 7 broken up by just one game in the FA Cup and one game against Bolton. We were already in a bad run and we deserved to lose as opposed to being unlucky. Morale was low, and their was a player mutiny started by less rotten players.

Keegan can't work miracles, and that horrific run continued, but he never lost to any team outside the top 7 (and you may or may not agree that you guys would have been lucky with a draw, let alone a win at SJP). However, once the tricky games were over, Keegan brought back confidence by getting the players to play football and attack the opposition. Allardyce would have shut up shop just like he tried to play for a goalless draw at Derby and lost. That would have done nothing for the players, and we could have quite easily got relegated.

I am going to have to bite here. Yes, Allardyce was sacked in 11th place, and we finished 12th.

What that doesn't consider however was that game by game the team had overall picked up worse results than the corresponding fixtures the previous season (for instance we won away at Blackburn the previous season, but lost under Allardyce), and that previous season we had finished 5 points clear of relegation. Immediately after Allardyce was sacked, we had to play 7 games against the top 7 broken up by just one game in the FA Cup and one game against Bolton. We were already in a bad run and we deserved to lose as opposed to being unlucky. Morale was low, and their was a player mutiny started by less rotten players.

Keegan can't work miracles, and that horrific run continued, but he never lost to any team outside the top 7 (and you may or may not agree that you guys would have been lucky with a draw, let alone a win at SJP). However, once the tricky games were over, Keegan brought back confidence by getting the players to play football and attack the opposition. Allardyce would have shut up shop just like he tried to play for a goalless draw at Derby and lost. That would have done nothing for the players, and we could have quite easily got relegated.

Shock! Barcodes fan claims Keegan cannot work miracles. ;)

Step back from appointing your new manager for a minute. Does anyone, or at least anyone who isn't a blind Magpie diehard, really believe that Newcastle United handled the thing well? They had been tracking Allardyce for two years and finally got their man. He went into a club that was rotten to the core (still is) and got blown away in a matter of months. If they had given him time I believe he would have sorted the club out. We will never know.

I don't want to spend any time in pulling his post apart. As I said elsewhere I am neither an apologist or a defender of Allardyce. The man's a tosser. But he is a very good manager and, if appointed and given time, he will do a very good job for Blackburn. As will Ince.

Do we think it because we're 'diehard' or because we've sat through every minute of every game with him in charge, we've witnessed his attempts at sorting things and it was clear to all of us 'diehards' that he didn't have a clue how to operate at a bigger club with a bigger budget and bigger expectations, now I know being a Bolton fan you probably don't have very high expectations so you were happy to put up with some of the dullest football known to man but you can't blame other clubs for not wanting to sit through similar.

In some ways I hope Allardyce does take the Blackburn job, not just so we can shift the dross like Alan Smith but so people can see for themselves what a useless fat ###### he is rather than playing the delusional Geordie's card.

You don't do yourself many favours mind.

So why did Allardyce do well at Bolton but not Newcastle? Do you think 6 months is enough? Do you think Geordies aren't delusional? How does Keegan get your vote?

allardyce deserved th bullet on his transfer dealings alone that beye fella is average at best but looks like a world beater compared to the other shiite he bought! A decent manager would'nt saddle himsellf with mercenaries like viduka and smith on their wages for long contracts, that alone is gonna screw the club for years to come whoever takes over. When newcastle eventually get a manager with sense the likes of those 2 will never play again and will be to them what ostenstad was to us and bogarde was to chelsea! for gods sake no to the fat crook!

allardyce deserved th bullet on his transfer dealings alone that beye fella is average at best but looks like a world beater compared to the other shiite he bought! A decent manager would'nt saddle himsellf with mercenaries like viduka and smith on their wages for long contracts, that alone is gonna screw the club for years to come whoever takes over. When newcastle eventually get a manager with sense the likes of those 2 will never play again and will be to them what ostenstad was to us and bogarde was to chelsea! for gods sake no to the fat crook!

I think we're all looking forward to that - and they're a very big club you know. They deserve success. :rolleyes:

Edited by Zulu

Do we think it because we're 'diehard' or because we've sat through every minute of every game with him in charge, we've witnessed his attempts at sorting things and it was clear to all of us 'diehards' that he didn't have a clue how to operate at a bigger club with a bigger budget and bigger expectations, now I know being a Bolton fan you probably don't have very high expectations so you were happy to put up with some of the dullest football known to man but you can't blame other clubs for not wanting to sit through similar.

In some ways I hope Allardyce does take the Blackburn job, not just so we can shift the dross like Alan Smith but so people can see for themselves what a useless fat ###### he is rather than playing the delusional Geordie's card.

It's not a card. You're all delusional. Just learn to live with it. ;)

Seems to me Newcastle actually started winning when he brought Viduka back into the team :unsure:

Smiffy, what are you letting Incey off the hook for?

He's just mocking now you Smiffy, look at that grin...

Paul_Ince3_673270.jpg

He's pointing at me now.

He's saying "Hey Smiffy, come over 'ere if you think you're hard enough!"

Paul_Ince_759817.jpg

I've now posted my thoughts on Ince in the "Next Rovers Manager" thread. I've got concerns at the moment over both Big Sam and Paul Ince.

Sam Allardyce's legendary training methods:

To be honest, I wouldn't wish him on any club. He was worse than Souness.

Good grief. At first I thought that video link was some kind of joke and then I realised it was genuine. No wonder some senior Newcastle players apparently slagged off Big Sam behind his back and criticised his training methods. He sounds like Mike Bassett.

Two bob Bolton fans......about as funny as a kick in the gonads!

:rolleyes:

I genuinely find it incredible how much they dislike us. It's very flattering really isn't it? It's been commented on here recently, do they not have a full blown derby game anymore? Traditionally it was Bury wasn't it and they did used to sing "We Only Hate Man United".

It would appear from that article that it's us that they save most of their venom for (either that or they've got too much time on their hands, then again it is the same jokes they were peddling 12 months ago so you'd hope it wouldn't take too long to put together). It's a shame for them that we, generally speaking, don't give a toss about them.

I genuinely find it incredible how much they dislike us. It's very flattering really isn't it? It's been commented on here recently, do they not have a full blown derby game anymore? Traditionally it was Bury wasn't it and they did used to sing "We Only Hate Man United".

It would appear from that article that it's us that they save most of their venom for (either that or they've got too much time on their hands, then again it is the same jokes they were peddling 12 months ago so you'd hope it wouldn't take too long to put together). It's a shame for them that we, generally speaking, don't give a toss about them.

I used to wind the Bolton fan up at work with that one. "Just because you don't have any rivals, don;t try and bully in and be ours".

• 5 months later...
:rover: SEEING THE ORIGINAL THREAD WITH THE POLL On BFS, has been locked this one will do.i cannot believe jw has picked this crook to manage my team,last night i gave away my season ticket,i simply refuse to watch a team managed by this man.hopefully he will be gone within the year,i do not want rovers to go down,i do not want rovers to lose a game,like some off you so called supporters.i hope he saves us from relagation and finds another job :angry::brfcsmilie:

:rover: SEEING THE ORIGINAL THREAD WITH THE POLL On BFS, has been locked this one will do.i cannot believe jw has picked this crook to manage my team,last night i gave away my season ticket,i simply refuse to watch a team managed by this man.hopefully he will be gone within the year,i do not want rovers to go down,i do not want rovers to lose a game,like some off you so called supporters.i hope he saves us from relagation and finds another job :angry::brfcsmilie:

Good riddance to very bad rubbish. You'll not be missed. Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.