BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pedersen Needs Converting!

Could you keep that to the Hughes out thread rover6 so as not to send out any mixed messages.

I'm not getting that... Is it important?

BTW I definitely agree with Den that Petrov is one of those wingers who, if shown in-field, ceases to be half as troublesome. (Although, if he goes in-field he can pass to Elano or Johnson, which is a problem for any opposition manager).

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pedersen gets half way round his man , the full back leans on him and he just gives up the battle.

He needs to toughen up physically and mentally, he seems to have a sunny disposition that prevents him getting nasty, he needs to get mad a few times.

You might be right Tyrone.

MGP was unimpressive last season, but he turned it around (I seem to recall) after having a barny with Dickov against City and then playing with a bit of fire in his belly

Last season we employed a simple tactic of lumping long high diagonal balls from the right mid to Pederson on the edge of the box for him to win in the air and knock across the box. It frequently worked well too as he is exceptionally good in the air for a winger (Q. to all you Petrov groupies..... how good is he in the air btw?) but recently this tactic has been almost totally abscent. Anybody care to speculate why? :huh: Only thing I can think is that RSC is crowding him out on those now. If so he'd be better peeling off to the near post / pen spot area and waiting for the header across as Benni did last year.

A few of those assists and Ped would be everybodies favourite scandy pop star again.

We still are knocking it to Pedersen aerially but it does not seem to happen as high up the pitch (compared to last season).

Stupid tactic then. That will not endear him to the Ewood numptie....err 'faithfull' will it? It'll just show him up. No one can trap a ball of their forehead can they. :angry2:

But is that chicken or egg? Are we passing too deep or is he not forward enough?

Edited by thenodrog

Last season we employed a simple tactic of lumping long high diagonal balls from the right mid to Pederson on the edge of the box for him to win in the air and knock across the box. It frequently worked well too as he is exceptionally good in the air for a winger (Q. to all you Petrov groupies..... how good is he in the air btw?) but recently this tactic has been almost totally abscent. Anybody care to speculate why? :huh: Only thing I can think is that RSC is crowding him out on those now. If so he'd be better peeling off to the near post / pen spot area and waiting for the header across as Benni did last year.

A few of those assists and Ped would be everybodies favourite scandy pop star again.

2 reasons

1 The people who're lumping the balls are generally less accurate;

2 Even if they were accurate, Pedersen now seems to feel lonely if he's on the wing by himself so moves in to try to find company, be that one of our players or one of theirs.

And the failings of other players is partly the reason you continually spit bile in his direction? :huh:

No, that would be number 2.

Plus the inability to trap short passes (or indeed the few long ones which do come his way), make any form of fair tackle, head the ball straight, shoot hard or accurately or intercept any player who wants to go past him without fouling them.

And his running is so, so slow.

And because they usually play towards the Blackburn end in the second half I'm forced to watch this masterclass of ineptitude from close quarters and it send me on the long drive home in a bad mood. In fact I'm sure that's why I get so mad at him. Against Chelsea I thought he played a bit better, but then I didn't have him performing on my side on the second half, as I normally do! (Although the guy beside me was really giving him stick- worse than me!)

Edited by Jan

The best way to forget Morten Gamst Pedersen's mediocre season; youtube.com. I remember a few crackers in his first real season, but I really couldn't remember all of them.

Still think, looking at those clips, that we need to get his hair dyed again as they are nearly all scored when he had blonde hair.

Last season we employed a simple tactic of lumping long high diagonal balls from the right mid to Pederson on the edge of the box for him to win in the air and knock across the box. It frequently worked well too as he is exceptionally good in the air for a winger (Q. to all you Petrov groupies..... how good is he in the air btw?) but recently this tactic has been almost totally abscent.

It wasn't only last season Theno. At the beginning of the season, we did this to great effect, playing long diagonals to Derbyshire and Pedersen. Against Arsenal, in particular, they caused were very dangerous. I haven't seen it employed for a long time.

Oh, and like most of the team yesterday, Pedersen was shocking.

Edited by tcj_jones

Pedersen's too nice a lad and his confidence is in tatters from the bollockings he receives from his team-mates.

At one point in the second half McCarthy ranted at Pedersen for shooting instead of passing the ball. He was still ranting at him five minutes later.

It was interesting that the TV "expert analyst" on the commentary backed both MGP and Benni when they shot for goal with the other better placed all three times it happened saying that the player himself was low on confidence and desparately needed a goal.

Some of MGP's cock-ups have been so bad in recent games (dribbling the ball out of play when under little pressure for instance) that it simply has to be an in-the-game mental thing. I suspect he must be looking in very good nick on the training ground or else he would have been dropped.

At the moment we are seeing a perceptual lag in comments on this thread. He has been terrible so posters are seeing MGP still making mistakes in current games and saying he is awful. The reality is he has definitely improved of late but is still short on confidence and lacking the instinctive decision-making all footballers thrive on.

I would take a 4-4 draw at Ewood on Tuesday if MGP and Benni got a brace each.

Pedersen's too nice a lad and his confidence is in tatters from the bollockings he receives from his team-mates.

At one point in the second half McCarthy ranted at Pedersen for shooting instead of passing the ball. He was still ranting at him five minutes later.

i suppose benni would of surely passed it if he was in the same position as pedersen :rolleyes:

It wasn't only last season Theno. At the beginning of the season, we did this to great effect, playing long diagonals to Derbyshire and Pedersen. Against Arsenal, in particular, they caused were very dangerous. I haven't seen it employed for a long time.

It was employed yesterday at Derby. Gamst won the header at the far post and in the process our lightweight wide man laid out their keeper.

Really annoyed me seeing Benni having a go at Ped, they're in the same boat. What annoyed me more was Benni moaning at the ref so much he missed chances to get in the box

Its easier to find faults in others than to find faults in oneself :unsure:

Quite rightly so. Benni was unmarked stood next to the penalty spot. At this point the game was close at 2-1, had he squared it to Benni for a tap in we'd have made the game comfortable, Benni would've ended his bad run and we could have been sat here today discussing a 4-1/5-1 win, with both strikers back on top form.

For Gamst to shoot given the options he had was absolutely crazy. If I were Benni I'd still be bollocking him now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.