BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] More Madness From Mcclaren

It's reported in this morning's Sun that the underfire Boro boss has handed 30 YEAR OLD George Boateng a 4 AND A HALF YEAR DEAL at 45,000 PER WEEK.

This despite the fact he has only managed 42 GAMES IN 19 MONTHSdue to injury!.

I had to read this several times to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Is it any wonder some people get turned off Premiership football?

No wonder crowds at Boro, not exactly an affluent area are dropping even faster than ours.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would wager there are quite a few current England internationals who don't make that (Ledley King for example, I am sure earns nothing like that). I am not sure anyone in our entire squad makes that, with the possible exception of Bellamy.

Whats McClaren on? Trying to create allies in his battle against the sack?

Whenever I have seen McClaren interviewed, he just comes over as incredibly thick.

He was happy being treated as a boot scrape at Man U which presumably appealed to the egos shuufling round the corridors of the FA but this is a guy who has risen several layers above his level of competence through being as bland as a handwipe.

i don't like mcClaren one little bit!!

he has tried to mould himself into the new ferguson with his attitude and swarve(sp).

he's useless with the media, everytime i see him on the telly i just have this feeling in me to knock him out.

i was well chuffed when we beat him and the boro twice in one week, his face was a picture, full of excuses like fergy.

as for boateng being on 45k a week on a 4 1/2 year deal then fairplay to his agent because the boro and ginger steve usless manager mCclaren have just been screwed laugh.gif

McClaren is saying the reports are untrue.

What is true however is that Gibson at Boro gave McClaren a stonking new contract...he was rewarded by having to watch them lose 4-0 at home to Villa.

The problem may be that they are paying players such high wages. The players know they can't get any higher so have nothing to work towards. JFH or Viduka are on their last big pay deal and seem to be living it up. Not like they have anything to gain they may think.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

I've met McClaren several times and he is one of the few genuine "nice guys" in football.

His problems at Middlesbrough are only temporary.

382611[/snapback]

i wonder if you would be saying that if he was Blackburn manger, 50+ million and he got aging overpaid players and big money flops

It's reported in this morning's Sun that the underfire Boro boss has handed 30 YEAR OLD George Boateng a 4 AND A HALF YEAR DEAL at 45,000 PER WEEK.

This despite the fact he has only managed 42 GAMES IN 19 MONTHSdue to injury!.

I had to read this several times to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Is it any wonder some people get turned off Premiership football?

No wonder crowds at Boro, not exactly an affluent area are dropping even faster than ours.

382535[/snapback]

In my opinion Boateng's injury, is the biggest reason to Boro's downturn in form. He's by far their most influential player.

Not sure what the other players are on up there, but I would expect Viduka, Hasselbaink, Mendieta, Southgate to be above that- so don't think the wages are that bad.

What's more surprising is the length of the contract for someone that age.

On paper, Boro are serious contenders for the UEFA Cup.

In the Prem, they are just like West Ham the season they went down- packed with talent which seems incapable of fighting for its life.

Watch them come to Ewood and win after I've written that!

I've met McClaren several times and he is one of the few genuine "nice guys" in football.

His problems at Middlesbrough are only temporary.

382611[/snapback]

A la Souness' "temporary" problems at Newcastle perhaps.

I can't stand McClaren, I really do think he is part of Svens problems, an assistant with more fire would have been better.

I don't really know, I just really hate it when a team underperforms year after year after year yet people still 'rate' them.

In this case it is because somehow McLaren appears to have fooled everyone into believing he is a good manager, when he has achieved bugger all as top dog.

I suppose I am jealous in a way as well because although I don't think on any level they will ever be as good as Rovers yet they still find a way to find the cash to either sign a decent player (and then waste them) or attract the higher calibre player to a club that is not going anywhere.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.