BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] More Madness From Mcclaren

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we'd appointed Allardyce or Pearce and ended up with the same results then Barwick can do no right can he because you'd still be asking the same question (above).

Chalk and cheese. Imo those two are at opposite ends of the managerial spectrum.

Hasn't he already said that his team against Austria is his team for Croatia or did I dream that?

Let's hope you dreamt it. The spineless idiot has decided not only to hand Beckham a start in order to get a soft cap to push him up to 98 appearances. He's also dropped Gareth Barry and re-united the dream-team of Gerrard and Lampard. He says Lampard is playing the 'best football he's seen'.

Seriously, a poor performance tommorow night would be no bad thing for the national sides future. What a tool !!

Let's hope you dreamt it. The spineless idiot has decided not only to hand Beckham a start in order to get a soft cap to push him up to 98 appearances. He's also dropped Gareth Barry and re-united the dream-team of Gerrard and Lampard. He says Lampard is playing the 'best football he's seen'.

Seriously, a poor performance tommorow night would be no bad thing for the national sides future. What a tool !!

He's a knob and won't be in that job in a couple of months. When Maclaren was born they threw away the wrong bit! Imagine the angst he would have gone through and the bollax of a team selection if Hargreaves had been fit as well? Bentley would be well advised to ring in sick!

Fine by me. IF Bentley were to play he would work his ass off to try and prove to himself/the fans/Mclown that he is ready. He would come back to us in bits only to find it was all for nothing anyway after Russia win.

I would rather a fit Bentley for Rovers than a Bentley for England any day.

This is now sick and shambolic! Maclaren knows that he is a dead man walking and all this is obviously now a publicity / marketing move to get the entire Beckham PLC circus to limp and stutter pant past 100 games for England.

I suggest that beneficiaries must now include Maclaren after his squirm making flight to LA to talk to Beckhams 'fitness' consultants.

:angry:

And Lampard is back.

Yes, he has been outstanding recently, he normally is at Chelsea but this is the national team and Barry must be gutted.

I hope we don`t qualify. The buffoon that is the manager does not deserve it and what hope would we have if we did qualify? It would be pointless.

Lets get rid, clean the slate and start again and build a world cup winning team.

And Lampard is back.

Yes, he has been outstanding recently, he normally is at Chelsea

Not according to the Chelsea fan I know - said he was against Leicester in the cup (as he should be) but otherwise pretty average despite scoring at Wigan.

Anyway, as many already think - they are both top midfielders on their day with loads of experience and playing for two of supposedly the best teams (opinion) in the World - there should be no reason why they cannot play together - personally I don't think they are like for like, both have good attacking attributes as well as defensive but that's about it which all good midefielders should have anyway.

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

And Lampard is back.

Yes, he has been outstanding recently, he normally is at Chelsea but this is the national team and Barry must be gutted.

I hope we don`t qualify. The buffoon that is the manager does not deserve it and what hope would we have if we did qualify? It would be pointless.

Lets get rid, clean the slate and start again and build a world cup winning team.

Lampard is a decent player but I think he has performed poorly at International level and apart form goals he is a big minus against the better teams because he gives it away to often and thinks he has a 'free' role'. All this is to the detriment of the team as everyone has to be accomodated, either out of position or on the bench.

Barry has done well, as well if not better than Gerrard, lets look to the future. McClaren is a poor manager with no vision.

Oh dear. As usual England brings out the frustration in me.

Why bring Beckham back? How many games has he played lately? Granted that ploy has worked in the past; Davor Suker for the 1998 WC and Ronaldo in 2002; they both came in fresh having done nothing and used up all their energy with the national team - shame about Owen though.

Lurch is up front having played 20 minutes all season. However I think he is good foil for Owen.

As for Lumpard, I can't believe it. We all know he's a star performer for Chelsea, we also know he can't do it for England. Chelsea play a different system than England, his game suits it. His game does not suit the speed and disclipline of international football. To quote McClaren on Lampard's inclusion;

"It's a friendly, so I'm looking at different personnel."
Different personnel? Try playing Bentley then, or some other squad player who never gets a kick.

I will defend him for a second. The FA cup final from 2001 or 2002 was on the other day (Arsenal-Chelsea) Lampard ran the show, I didn't see the game at the time and watching it later I was impressed with him.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.