BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] More Madness From Mcclaren

No no no.

The reason it will never happen is because Mourinho wouldn't want the England job, so don't kid yourself otherwise.

It would be a step down team/squad wise from Chelsea, and he will be next Barca/Real manager or something, again, better teams than England.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am fookin livid..... who the hell agrees to a stupid friendly just days before what could be our biggest game for years? Owen out for a month and with him goes our chance of qualifying.

OK, it might be out of our hands, but it bloody wasnt a month ago when we had three games still to play and our destiny was in our own hands.

The current management set up is embarrassing - one long string of cliches...................... I am sick of it. What has happened to the passion?

Did I really hear Steven Gerrard on the radio saying that 'McLaren is the best man for the job and without doubt the best coach available' ?

How can he be the best available? United sidekick - Boro manager.............. what a lousy CV

David Lacey makes many good points but I feel fairly certain that we would have qualified with Allardyce in charge. I guess we'll never know though.

Sven would have got us through this group too. Then, in the actual tournament, reached the quarter finals :rolleyes:

No no no.

The reason it will never happen is because Mourinho wouldn't want the England job, so don't kid yourself otherwise.

It would be a step down team/squad wise from Chelsea, and he will be next Barca/Real manager or something, again, better teams than England.

I was under the impression it was widely reported he WAS interested in the post.

At the very least I presume there are at least 5 million reasons a year why he would give it very serious consideration!

Strange piece from Lacey, he seems to be saying that McClaren shouldn't get the blame and it is down to the players not being good enough.

He might have a point were it not for the fact that McClaren has never set the world alight prior to managing England and it wasn't that long ago Boro fans were hurling their season tickets at him. I also think that whatever shortcomings the England squad might have, they should still have been good enough to qualify from this group at a canter.

In reality the FA took the safe choice after Allardyce allegedly interviewed best, they frightened Scolari off, and Barwick allegedly wanted O Neill but not his team.

And now it appears they're paying for it.

just looking at the bbc website and it sounds like he is maiking excuses ahead of time, in that "england are haunted by injuries"....according to mclaren. come on, since he became manager, he has made decisions that have baffled us all, including the axing of becks, soon after his reign started. we might not all like becks, but he showed what we have missed in the game last night . to suggest the players are not good enough is plain ludicrous, IMO. i have always believed that our players are indeed good enough, but it is up to the manager and coaching staff, to coach them in the right way for international football.

Let's hope you dreamt it. The spineless idiot has decided not only to hand Beckham a start in order to get a soft cap to push him up to 98 appearances. He's also dropped Gareth Barry and re-united the dream-team of Gerrard and Lampard. He says Lampard is playing the 'best football he's seen'.

Oddly enough the media darlings were both crap again! :angry: Whoever claims that those two are anything other than good club players is delusional. I trust the next manager will have the balls to drop the pair of em.

Edited by thenodrog

Let's hope you dreamt it. The spineless idiot has decided not only to hand Beckham a start in order to get a soft cap to push him up to 98 appearances.

what on earth has that got to do with trying to win a football game?? absolutely nothing. mclaren was rather seeing what becks still had to offer the natinaol side in england, and IMO and by the looks of it, he still has plenty. regardless of age etc etc, class is always there.

Watching England has now been boring for many years. Only in 96 have I ever been truly entertained by an England team and that was probably because I was 10 years or whatever.

The current crop are not hungry enough, and there are simply not good enough.

Owen is a shadow of the player he was at Liverpool, Beckham is past it. Gerrard and Lampard do not work as a pair, we'll never find a left winger, although Young did well last night. I even have doubnts over John Terry at international level - I'm not sure his whole hearted put your body on the line works without some intelligence and technique.

We need to bring through a new breed.

.........mclaren was rather seeing what becks still had to offer the natinaol side in england, and IMO and by the looks of it, he still has plenty. regardless of age etc etc, class is always there.

Really Blueboy? Better send him Sir Tom Finney's phone number then. He had more class in his bell end than 10 David Beckhams!

Oh and he could pronounce 'th' as 'th' and not 'f' and didn't have an embarrasingly stupid chavvy tattoo on his bloody neck either!

Will never happen. Too blindingly obvious, yet potentially controversial for the FA.

And that Rev is the proverbial nail on the head. If Jose wanted the job the FA would never appoint him, he speaks his mind and the chicken crap mo fo's at the FA just can't handle that. England are an embarassment, it's not just McClaren it's the big time charlie players, it's why we dropped the valuable points against the lesser teams, no heart, no pride. PLaying for England is just a pain in the ass for a lot of 'em. They expected to just walk over the likes of Macedonia.

I wish I had put my money where my mouth was. Not qualifying, as I said from the start, was expected on my part.

just looking at the bbc website and it sounds like he is maiking excuses ahead of time, in that "england are haunted by injuries"....according to mclaren.

What a joke, the best performances, the ones prior to Russia, we have seen from England in recent years is when McClarens team selection was forced due to injuries. Had we not had the injuries we did we would have already been confirmed as out of the tournament.

Strange piece from Lacey, he seems to be saying that McClaren shouldn't get the blame and it is down to the players not being good enough.

He might have a point were it not for the fact that McClaren has never set the world alight prior to managing England and it wasn't that long ago Boro fans were hurling their season tickets at him. I also think that whatever shortcomings the England squad might have, they should still have been good enough to qualify from this group at a canter.

In reality the FA took the safe choice after Allardyce allegedly interviewed best, they frightened Scolari off, and Barwick allegedly wanted O Neill but not his team.

And now it appears they're paying for it.

No Rev you are wrong. WE are paying for it, they clearly don't give a toss about who can get the best results for England, they never have, it infuriates me. THE FA should be cleared out and re-vamped with people who have a real passion for the game, bloody hell a comittee of fans would do a better job I'm sure. I am absolutely furious with this lot at the FA, about 98% of the Country's footy fans did not want McClaren, why? we knew better what do they do appoint the meek mannered under the desk head bobbing yes man.

Israel score 1-0, Mclaren may have a stay of execution until next Weds when we balls it up.

No, the goal was for hiding the brown bag, for appearances only :D . See how much room Israel are allowing now. The Ruskis will win.

If for some reason they don't win, England have no chance of beating Croatia anyway. I just watched an archive of England v Scotland on Fox, the difference in the passion and pride of teh English players then to now was glaringly obvious.

No, the goal was for hiding the brown bag, for appearances only :D . See how much room Israel are allowing now. The Ruskis will win.

If for some reason they don't win, England have no chance of beating Croatia anyway. I just watched an archive of England v Scotland on Fox, the difference in the passion and pride of teh English players then to now was glaringly obvious.

??

??

Like I said we have no chance of beating Croatia, heh heh too excited I suppose. Is this really a full effort by Israel they do look a little lack lustre, when Russia score again will the conspiracy theories begin?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.