BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] More Madness From Mcclaren

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The FA are too gutless to admit they were wrong, and won't appoint Allardyce. O'neill is building for the future at Villa, while Mourinho has too much sense to take the job.

There are no obvious English candidates, so I think the next manager will be foreign.

Lippi and Capello (I heard on another thread that Capello might be ionterested?) could be offered the job, but I think the FA will make a disastrous decision and appoint Shearer as manager, in an attempt to appease the English fans. One day, I hope he becomes England manager, but now now, when he has no managerial experience.

Edited by tcj_jones

Wonder what the odds are on Sparky getting the job ?

33/1 my son! Thank god they would never appoint a welshman!

Odds are crashing on both O'Neill and Jose. I managed to get 4/1 on Jose but I'm convinced that O'Neill will get it, purely because o the English(UK) thing.

It takes a lot of balls for someone to take risks. All the big managers have done it but the trouble with McClaren is that they were risks taken at the wrong time.

Thats the difference between a top class manager and him. When you get it wrong, it shows much more on the international scene because you don't get 50 games a season to make amends.

Absolutely disgraceful. We cooked our goose the day we appointed McClaren. I've said time and again that he may be a good coach but he's no international class manager. The bloke has to be on crack by refusing toresign. He tokk a team that was comfortably in the top 8 in the world (3 QF appearances) and turned them into a bunch of strangers. Whoever come sin needs to play a team rather than our "star players".

Over 12 games we weren't good enough. We lost twice to the group winners, and once to the other team that qualified, that plus the horror result against Macedonia killed it.

I'm ashamed to be an England fan. At least that's all I have invested in it. The bigwigs at te FA must be sweating right now. No money spinning tournament to go to, no prestigious wembley warm up matches to gouge fans at, and a press that should rightly crucify them

The difference between a top-class manager and him? You mean talent?

The time to blood Carson weas not today.

Absolutely. If you ever had faith in Robinson, you would have kept him for today's game.

Carson has all the makings of a top class keeper. He was amazing at Sheffield Wednesday and has been consistently solid since. Let's remember that he is only 22(?). For god's sake, I'm 22 and play in goal and would buckle under far less pressure than he was under tonight. He really was under IMMENSE pressure. It could be argued that a great keeper should never succomb to pressure, but let's wait and see. I have faith in him.

Edited by tcj_jones

England should have been dead and buried on Saturday but somehow survived to be given a second chance in the form of a home tie against an already qualified team. How the players failed to raise themselves for this I still cannot fathom. They looked petrified from the off and even as their deserved equaliser went in they immediately reverted to playing as if they couldn't believe their luck was continuing.

In the end, the Croatians deserved their victory. They were superb, streets ahead of England's medieval tactics and the winner was a superbly crafted strike. Bilic's post-game interview was stark but very accurate: 'We are a better team'.

One positive of this is that we can now enjoy a summer tournament subject to a decent degree of objectivity from those broadcasting it. And that includes Mark 'Irish International' Lawrenson who finally let his slip show and referred to the boys in white as 'us'. Nice one. :tu:

By the way, how good was that Modric bloke in midfield for Croatia?! What a player! :o

Edited by Rovermatt

BBC comment not exactly pulling its punches. What a rant against McClaren!

Croatia underline their superiority over England The Guardian

The Madness of McClaren The Independent takes its lead from www.brfcs.co.uk

McClaren was FIRED at 10.30pm this evening. according to the Sun

There are no Englishmen good enough to manage England

Edited by philipl

Odds are crashing on both O'Neill and Jose. I managed to get 4/1 on Jose but I'm convinced that O'Neill will get it, purely because o the English(UK) thing.

Sorry mate, and don't take this personal, but you simply have not been paying attention. It will not be because of a UK thing, it will be because O'Neill is the sort of character the FA likes. PC, steady with the media, won't ruffle any feathers. Best man out there for the job not by a long shot but is the closest to meeting the most important criteria for our FA, does not make waves, not controversial. However he IS 10x better than that idiot McClaren.

Absolutely disgraceful. We cooked our goose the day we appointed McClaren.

Spot on. HEre's the real disgrace, the most of the country did not want McClown, the people that support the game for who in some cases it is their life, their passion, but the FA thought they knew better. Is it an ego thing?

Edited by USABlue

Absolutely. If you ever had faith in Robinson, you would have kept him for today's game.

Carson has all the makings of a top class keeper. He was amazing at Sheffield Wednesday and has been consistently solid since. Let's remember that he is only 22(?). For god's sake, I'm 22 and play in goal and would buckle under far less pressure than he was under tonight. He really was under IMMENSE pressure. It could be argued that a great keeper should never succomb to pressure, but let's wait and see. I have faith in him.

All well and good, but if you play goalie you will understand the most basic rule of goalkeeping, get your body behind the ball and he did not. He had plenty of time to adjust his feet to.

BBC comment not exactly pulling its punches. What a rant against McClaren!

Croatia underline their superiority over England The Guardian

The Madness of McClaren The Independent takes its lead from www.brfcs.co.uk

McClaren was FIRED at 10.30pm this evening. according to the Sun

There are no Englishmen good enough to manage England

What does this achieve, exactly? If they had any pull with the FA they wouldn't have allowed McClown to have been hired in the first place.

One way of looking at this is to ask yourself a question. Saturday afternoon, Rovers at home to a PL side containing an England interntional or perhaps two, would you be worried? It's a serious question. If Utd come to town Rooney is always going to be a threat, probably Hargreaves as well, possibly Owen with Newcastle, maybe Gerrard with Liverpool. After that? Name player who has the "don't let him run with it," or "close him down quick" factor. There isn't one and therein lays the poverty of English football, all the star players in the PL are foreign.

Just keep your eyes peeled in the next few days now for Teflon Tel to use the media to distance himself from this shambles.

It's as much that wide boy's fault as anyone.

Anyway, what shouldn't be forgotten is the way that the media basically hounded Eriksson out and clamoured for an English manager. Sometimes you've got to be careful what you wish for.

LD, I was telling people that at the time, yes Sven was boring, but at least we played in the championships and always looke competant in qualifying.

For what its worth, I dont know who I want for England manager, I know who I dont want, which is becoming a longer list by the minute.

We have the players in this country, what we dont have is the system to get them to play in an organised team, and that means getting the right players for the system, not the system for the players.

Crouch, played very well last night, however he can not be a solitary striker because he doesnt have the pace and power, along side Rooney, say, then yes he would be excellent, but alone? No, Bent should have started.

Anyway, I cant see him being allowed to stay on, and if he had any honour, or decency, he would resign instead of being fired.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.