BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Matt Derbyshire

The only official report I've heard is the torn groin - which would keep anyone out for a long time.

You are the only source reporting a virus and as for the link from the times - how would they know?

I've torn my groin a couple of times, (interestingly, a tear is also called a strain) and my recovery time has been about 4 wks- after rest, ice, and elevation.

i was told if the strain was more serious, it'd take a couple more weeks to recover and, if it was a rupture, they require surgery, 3-4 months recovery time.

i was using the times article to illustrate there were conflicting reports, (even though i accept the times could have got it wrong) and the 'jeffers having a virus, hamstring and groin injury comment' was ment in jest!

Edited by pleasure

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've torn my groin a couple of times, (interestingly, a tear is also called a strain) and my recovery time has been about 4 wks- after rest, ice, and elevation.

i was told if the strain was more serious, it'd take a couple more weeks to recover and, if it was a rupture, they require surgery, 3-4 months recovery time.

i was using the times article to illustrate there were conflicting reports, (even though i accept the times could have got it wrong) and the 'jeffers having a virus, hamstring and groin injury comment' was ment in jest!

"Franny had a tear, it wasn't as if it was just a groin strain, so we've had to wait until that's repaired," said Hughes, whose side faces Everton in the FA Cup on Sunday.

Citizen

Hey pleasure, you've got to be better than that to get past ol' Den. :)

"Franny had a tear, it wasn't as if it was just a groin strain, so we've had to wait until that's repaired," said Hughes, whose side faces Everton in the FA Cup on Sunday.

Citizen

Hey pleasure, you've got to be better than that to get past ol' Den. :)

sorry, the link is to .... ''Striker trial is scrapped''

i'm gonna find medical evidence that supports groin tear and strain being decsribed as the same... just for my own sanity. :)

i wasnt trying to get anything past you, den - just giving some insight into groin injuries. ;)

i'm gonna find medical evidence that supports groin tear and strain being decsribed as the same... just for my own sanity. :)

The boss said to me something like, "it isn't a strain, it is a tear"

Jeffers has a long history of groin injuries and surgery going back to Everton days. Presumably this is yet another recurrence. Don't hold your breath about his return. Never has a player managed to spin out a top class (and top paid) career for achieving so little. The Guardian spoof on the January transfer window earlier this week ended with Jeffers being unveiled as the blockbuster last-day signing. Said it all really.

A goals a goal! :D

It's nice to have him getting goals, I still think he should be slowly brought in. Benni and Nonda first choice for me, Derbyshire is useful as a sub for now. We don't want too much too soon for him, he is still young.

"A real goal"

IF Matty can continue with his good progress he COULD be just what we need, and in fact have lacked for ages - a proper box striker.

How many times has the ball gone into the box and we havnt had anyone following in?

Plenty and if's and but's.

Still hoping I'll be proved wrong on this one.

"A real goal"

IF Matty can continue with his good progress he COULD be just what we need, and in fact have lacked for ages - a proper box striker.

Indeed. He's reminded me a few times of Alan Taylor ex West Ham for anybody who remebers him.

He's certainly no Shearer copy thats for sure. :)

"A real goal"

How many times has the ball gone into the box and we havnt had anyone following in?

Benni has looked sharp in this area too though, even if half of his goals comes from offside postions.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.