BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Prem League Of Darts At King George's

Best wishes to Dennis Priestley who has been diagnosed with prostate cancer, he plans to play in the World Championship before having surgery.

Priestley Cancer Battle

Very sad news - always liked Priestley - if Phil Taylor hadn't been around he'd have been World Champion numerous more times than he has.

King Georges hall has finally been given the bullet as a Premier League Darts venue. Unsuprising really considering the trouble last year and the fact the event has obviously outgrown the location.

Nearest location for 2008 is the MEN on the 14th February. Tickets £20 & £25

Dates here

I'm unfamiliar with this story - trouble last year?

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During the last Prem League that was played at KGH a small fight broke out near the front of the stage while Taylor and I think Lloyd were playing, everyonre got off the stage except Taylor who being the showman decided to do some shadow boxing while the trouble was delt with.

Congrats to James Wade on his win over Terry Jenkins in the darts Grand Prix final, Jenkins was slow to start though and you cant gift Wade a 3 set lead although Jenkins did well to try and get back into it.

Wade is a nice bloke I met him and played against him earlier this year in Preston, he has to be up there for the world championship in December.

Noooo!! What are you saying. James Wade is a knob. A more ignorant and arrogant jumped up little sh1t you've never met. This was quite a few years ago now mind..... i imagine he's been brought down a peg or 7 now that he's there with the big boys.

Terry Jenkins on the other hand, cracking bloke. Not a bad word to say about anyone and a top top player to boot!

Sorry to hear about Priestly. Hadn't heard this news. Good luck Dennis

Is anyone watching 'The Grand Slam of Darts' on ITV.

Currently a cracking game on ITV4 between Priestley and Lewis. The crowd are really getting on Lewis' back and Priestly has brought it back to deciding leg.

I must add what shocking coverage by ITV......the camerman has missed loads of shots as they do not know their way around the board.

Edited by Jordan

This is a cracking tournament as far as averages go. Barney and Wade both averaged over 100 yet still lost. Of the others, Jenkins, Taylor, Scholten and McDine have all been averaging over 100 consistently.

Mark my words, if the boy McDine plays as he did last night against Wade and keeps his bottle he will win this tournament. He was absolutely outstanding last night.

Watch out for Scholten though, an average of over 107 last time out and he's looking crisp on his doubles. That allied to his usual scoring power makes him very dangerous indeed.

Then there's Taylor's old nemesis Johnny Part, he's a live danger too.

Darts - it's the new rock 'n' roll doncha know.

This is a cracking tournament as far as averages go. Barney and Wade both averaged over 100 yet still lost. Of the others, Jenkins, Taylor, Scholten and McDine have all been averaging over 100 consistently.

Mark my words, if the boy McDine plays as he did last night against Wade and keeps his bottle he will win this tournament. He was absolutely outstanding last night.Watch out for Scholten though, an average of over 107 last time out and he's looking crisp on his doubles. That allied to his usual scoring power makes him very dangerous indeed.

Then there's Taylor's old nemesis Johnny Part, he's a live danger too.

Darts - it's the new rock 'n' roll doncha know.

McDine does look a very good player and it was a great result against Wade, who was having, up to last night, a very good tournement. I cannot however see him winning the Grand Slam....he does look very nervous and the inexperience will show in the later stages of the competiton.

Looking at the current odds....Taylor is odds on favorite at 8/13 with Jenkins second favorite at 6/1.

McDine through after a easy game against Klassen, Andy Hamilton also through after a great match with Terry Jenkins.

Taylor beat Part and Gary Anderson through after beating Kevin Painter.

Semi's Sat afternoon

McDine Vs Hamilton

Taylor Vs Anderson

Edited by Grabbi Graeme

• 4 weeks later...

Taylor really does not look like championship winning material so far. Both of his opponants have taken the games to the wire.

Really impressed with Wade's performance in the last round and I think he could make a big impact this year.

Looking forward to Van der Voort - Lewis on Boxing Day.

Well Taylor just about squeezed through tonight after a tie break ......you can never right the bloke off .

But that's not why I'm posting ; what truly appalled me was the way The Power threw his last dart over his shoulder in celebration after he had won . Anyone could have been hurt - the scorer , the announcer , the always-smiling-bimbos who lead the players on , his opponent ....

I really am deeply shocked at the health and safety implications of the incident . Maybe I'm out of order in even raising this terrible incident , I just don't know ...

What terrible times we live in ... :wacko:

Edited by blue phil

Taylor is playing just well enough to beat the players in the early rounds, he needs to seriously up his game if he wants title number 14, as for throwing the dart after he won, he seemed to throw it towards the board and he didn't throw it point first.

It would have been quality if he got a bullseye with that throw. I'd have awarded the title to him straight away :lol:

Barmey out, beaten by Kevin Painter, if Taylor badly wants another title then this is geat news for him although some good players still in, Mardle, Wade, Lewis, Painter and Manley and dont forget Kirk Shepheard who as a qualifier has done well to get this far and is unfazed by any player.

Hope you laid the bet off in time!

Glad to see Manley lose myself, he was being a right arse last night after his previous match saying "he can't beat me"

and poking fun at the young lad for going home early from the arena with his parents.

"At least he's done something right but his mum and dad can't come up on stage with him"

Manley comes across as a guy short on the talent to be the best, so tries to compensate by being the most controversial. He's a decent player but I don't think any of the shenanagins do him any favours.

Great day of darts so far, Shepherd was excellent and Part-Wade was classic. I have a suspiscion we're heading for a Taylor-Lewis final.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.