BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Prem League Of Darts At King George's

Taylor is being a bit of a MARD arse against MARD le. Mardle has come from 0-3 down to 3-3 playing some great darts and Taylor seems upset because he's Mardle's enjoying himself and hamming it up to the crowd.

All done in good humour and nothing too untoward imo.

Taylor likes beating people six or seven sets to nil but doesn't like it up 'im Captain Mainwaring.

C'mon Mardle.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeeees ...........fantastic game.

Mardle played one of the best legs of darts I've ever seen when he was still 3 sets down. Taylor had the darts and opened with 180, 140, and 100 leaving him on 81. Mardle responded with 140, 140 and 140 also leaving him on 81.

Taylor narrowly missed his attempt at the double. Mardle polished his finish off in two darts for an eleven dart finish which considering the pressure Taylor had put him under was superb.

What a set of quarter finals so far? This is the best championships I can remember. So many close games that could go either way just highlights the strength in depth these days. 6 or 7 years ago Taylor used to walk through the whole thing and only ever get occasional fight if Part was on form or a couple of others.

So many of the games you really struggle to pick a winner and that is a great thing to see. Cracking entertainment.

Painter (who looks like a fat Vinny Jones when he played for Wimbledon)

He he, true that!

The winner Part - Lewis/Painter semi final must be a hot favourite for the title.

BTW, while we're on lookalikes - anyone ever seen Adrian Lewis and Jordan in the same room?

Edited by Tugay4England

Is going to be great final Shepherd Vs Part, I thought the Painter Part semi final would have been closer, it was Painter's worst performance of these championship.

Well done to Shepherd as well, I though Mardle would have made the final after his great win against Taylor, but Shepherd played a great game tonight.

Is going to be great final Shepherd Vs Part, I thought the Painter Part semi final would have been closer, it was Painter's worst performance of these championship.

Well done to Shepherd as well, I though Mardle would have made the final after his great win against Taylor, but Shepherd played a great game tonight.

Really looking forward to the final this evening. I think Part will be too strong for Shepherd however I am sure everyone will be cheering him on being the underdog and an englishman.

Looking at the statistics for the games they've both played so far and there 3 dart averages are as follow:-

John Part

R1 V Losper - 94.1

R2 V Sudjovic - 99.1

R3 V Roy - 91.3

R4 V Wade - 94.8

SF V Painter - 92.84

Kirk Shepherd

R1 V Jenkins - 79.1

R2 V McGowan - 87.2

R3 V Bates - 85.9

R4 V Manley - 89.7

SF V Mardle - 88.8

Obviously the averages don't tell the full story. However Shepherd will probably need to lift his average higher than at any time so far in the tournament to beat Part. Certainly over 90. However it may be a case of when he needs to improve he does do. Should be a good final.

From being a 500-1 outsider at the start of the tournament and ending up as a finalist, these championships will always be remembered for the underdog. After going 4-0 down, his confidence must have been at it's lowest so to get 2 sets in the end despite not playing as well as he has, he can hold his head up high.

I think he managed to get 50k for that which was 5 times as much as he's received in his entire career so far (if I remember correctly).

Well done John Part! Mr Shepherd, we'll see you next year!

After such a great week the final ended up as somewhat of an anticlimax.

It was a real shame that Shepherd wasn't able to produce anything like his better form until he was 0-4 down. At least he didn't get whitewashed, he didn't deserve that.

With the benefit of hindsight, Mardle v Part would probably have made for a better final.

Congratulations to the consummate pro John Part, never was a title more deserved and as 3 time champion he can quite rightly be called a legend of the sport.

Although the averages were lower than usual this was more than compensated for by how competitive the games were, there were very few one sided games..the final unfortunately being one of them.

Now it's on to the BDO event at Frimley Green on Saturday where, contrary to the diatribe spouted by some in the PDC (who should know better) the standard of play will be comparable to what was seen at the Ally Pally. Only thing different IMO is the standard of coverage and the razzmatazz, Martin Fatzmaurice's intro's don't hold a candle to John McDonald's and no-one's got a better walk on than Mardle.

However, should be good entertainment all the same and my money (for what it's worth) is on the boring Yorkshireman with the fat wife , John 'Boy' Walton.

Have it on good authority that King George's Hall has been confirmed as a venue for the forthcoming 'Legends of Darts' tour this summer. Dates are not confirmed as yet though.

Players confirmed are Bristow, Deller, Whitcombe, Bobby George and John Lowe with more to follow and will take a similar format to the current PDC Premier League. Should be a good night - I'll certainly be going.

• 4 weeks later...

Premier League Darts has started again tonight....

Barney beat Mardle and Lewis is currently 7-2 up against Terry Jenkins.

Should be interesting to see James Wade in this competition....He could suprise a few!

• 4 weeks later...

Taylor came back with a storm after his recent form, barney and wade(the top two ) was a close match with barney coming out on top 8-6

Barney and Taylor next week :glare: always love their meetings.. the final when barney took title of taylor a year ago has to be the best final ever in darts history..Nothing like it in darts when these two come up against each other! :D

since then they have had some good meetings, Taylor after his 8-0 win will eb up for this especially after his recent bad run in the premier league.. certainly be a good match next week! :)

Barney, Wade, Taylor will definately ake it to the semi's imo.. evern after taylors bad start i think he'l definately get top four for the semi's

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.