SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Prem League Of Darts At King George's

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor now top of the Prem League who would have thought that after the start he made, great win for Mardle as well beating Barney, Mardle looked more the player than the showman in his game.

Anyone see Taylor hit a nine darter with his practice darts before the game against Wade.

Just to confirm that the 'Legends of Darts' tour is at King George's Hall on the 20th June. The players participating are John Lowe, Eric Bristow, Peter Evison, Bob Anderson, Cliff Lazarenko, Bobby George, Dave Whitcombe and Keith Deller.

Just looked at the website and also noticed that Paul Booth (formerly of the Hordens) is MC for all the tour dates too.

Should really put up a link but if you go to the stars of darts forum it's on there somewhere.

Adrian Lewis has pulled out of tonights Prem League fixture with Phil Taylor due to illness, so Terry Jenkins will play Taylor tonight, which means Jenkins will play 2 games and Lewis will play 2 games when he returns next week.

ignore post

Barney 8-4

Wade 8-4

Manley 7-7

Taylor 8-5

Edited by Hasta

• 2 weeks later...
Just to confirm that the 'Legends of Darts' tour is at King George's Hall on the 20th June. The players participating are John Lowe, Eric Bristow, Peter Evison, Bob Anderson, Cliff Lazarenko, Bobby George, Dave Whitcombe and Keith Deller.

Just looked at the website and also noticed that Paul Booth (formerly of the Hordens) is MC for all the tour dates too.

Should really put up a link but if you go to the stars of darts forum it's on there somewhere.

Tickets go on sale tomorrow priced at £20

Taylor Vs Barney tonight in the Prem League in front of the biggest ever crowd in the history of the competition.

Also just to add to anyone interested Alan Warriner is appearing at the Clifton tomorrow night (11th)

Edited by Grabbi Graeme

I was at the Premier League Darts in Liverpool last week and the atmosphere was amazing.

The only dissapointment was the barney wilted far too easy to make his match with Taylor a formality for the great one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Found this being talked about on a darts forum, Adrian Lewis and Kevin Painter had a bust up on stage at a tournament.

Lewis and Painter face possible ban

According to somebody posting on a darts message board, Lewis finished a dart leg in a show off fashion and Painter didn't like it and few things were said and names were called and they had to be pulled apart by security staff.

Not first time Painter has got upset with an opponents finishing, when Painter played James Wade a few months back, Wade had 80 left, he finished double 20, double 20 and Painter was not happy about it.

• 3 weeks later...

Great performance from Taylor showing he is getting back to his best, I was disappointed with Barney as yet again he gets to the semi final and then gets beat.

Here's looking forward to the start of June for the UK open in Bolton which is the so called FA cup of darts.

• 2 weeks later...

Taylor has just hit a 9 darter against Jamie Harvey, that's the 4th time he has hit a 9 darter in the UK Open

Was funny in the interview after the game, last night he got pulled up for saying bugger, today he was talking to Dave Clark about the Russian player Anastacia.

Taylor "Not only do we have the Scots and Welsh now we have the bloody Russians, I've swore again haven't I" :lol:

Edited by Grabbi Graeme

• 1 month later...

World matchplay starts tonight, Taylor favourite again after his win in Las Vegas Classic.

Barney at 7/1 is a good bet, Part at 25/1 shows since winning the World title he has struggled in tournaments so far this year.

P.Taylor 4/6

J.Wade 5/1

R.Van Barneveld 7/1

J.Part 25/1

A.Hamilton 33/1

A.Lewis 33/1

T.Jenkins 33/1

C.Lloyd 40/1

M.King 40/1

R.Scholten 40/1

D.Priestley 50/1

K.Painter 50/1

M.Van Gerwen 66/1

P.Manley 66/1

Full betting here

CLICK

James Wade is a nice bloke he did an appearence last year in the Vic pub in Preston, down to earth and a good bloke and a definate future world champion.

What a semi final Taylor and Priestly played tonight, Taylor with 3 very close chances to do a 9 darter, in the other semi I felt a bit sorry for Mardle he played against a great player in Wade but Mardle can play better than that and he will be disappointed in the way he played.

Heres looking forward to a cracking final.

James Wade is a nice bloke he did an appearence last year in the Vic pub in Preston, down to earth and a good bloke and a definate future world champion.

Fair enough. I've never met him it was just how he seems to come across on camera. He's almost too confident of himself and has been making sure in every interview that people know he's the defending champion.

If he plays tonight like he started against Mardle it should be a good final. However one of the reasons that Taylor has been so succesful down the years is because a lot of the opposition players bottle it and are beat before they get on stage. People like Part and Barney managed to lose that mentality. On past meeting I'm not sure whether Wade has. He's never played as good against Taylor as he has when hammering other players.

We'll see tonight.

Edited by Hasta

If he plays tonight like he started against Mardle it should be a good final. However one of the reasons that Taylor has been so succesful down the years is because a lot of the opposition players bottle it and are beat before they get on stage. People like Part and Barney managed to lose that mentality. On past meeting I'm not sure whether Wade has. He's never played as good against Taylor as he has when hammering other players.

We'll see tonight.

I think Wade bottled it again tonight. He was playing his A game early on ond was leading. However he seemed to get a little bit miffed with the crowd and, as soon as Taylor went in front, the self belief went from him. He won only 1 of the last 11 or so legs. Obviously a great player but needs to mentally toughen up a bit against The Power.

I think your right, early legs were all going against the throw and then Wade opened up that lead, but as soon as Taylor got some momentom Wade seem to lose it, and you have to give to Taylor a 132 checkout and finnishing on the bull when it was blocked by his first dart, that was class also never seen him so emotional and the interview when he said he was ready to chuck it in 2 years ago when he lost in the Irish tournament.

• 2 months later...

Another good win for Taylor last night beating Barney 6-2 in the Grand Prix final, Barney has just returned from 2 months break from darts, he played well to get to the final but maybe just a bit much to ask against an in form Taylor.

World title no 14 could happen for Taylor this time around if he continues in this form.

• 2 months later...

PDC World Championship now into secrond round games and Taylor looking in good form beating Van Gerwen 4-0, I thought Van Gerwen would have given Taylor a bit more of a game.

Already out are defending world champion John Part, Scholten, Manley and Lloyd.

It's all set up for a Taylor Barney final for me and I think it'll be a cracker.

Like the look of the boy Nicholson, the Aussie Geordie (from Blyth incidentally) two very good wins against Lewis and Priestley.

Think the Stompe Mardle game will be a good one later this aft too, slightly favour the Dutchman.

As for tonight, think it's Barney 4-0, Wade 4-3 and Klaasen 4-2.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.