BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Prem League Of Darts At King George's

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only one player turned up tonight, really disappointing final imo. Barney really needed the 1st set and never had a shot at a double.

Barney missed the doubles and tbh looked knackered! Changing his darts didn't help matters either.

Although the Pooower is just totally amazing, I just don't like him.

I do like Miss Moore though, pwoooooooooor she looked sexy tonight!

Andy Fordham is on the comeback trail and has joined the PDC, I think it might take a while for him to back to the level he was at, I read an article where Fordham said he couldn't remember much about the final when he beat Mervyn King in the BDO final a few years back as he was so drunk.

How bad is that for King, being beaten by somebody who pi$$ed out their head.

• 4 weeks later...

Well the Power was just too good for Barney tonight.Pity though Barney seemed to give up half way through the match.. :blink:

Barney hit a nice 161 checkout and Taylor hit a cheeky 125 (bull-25-bull)checkout.Atmosphere seemed good as well,i really am going to try to get to one of these do`s.

• 3 months later...

Going to Cardiff's CIA tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to sampling the atmosphere.

Our table is apparently near the front so for anyone watching I'll be in a pink polo shirt and jeans, though the crutches being waved around may be the biggest spotter. I'll also try and hold up some of those banners you write on:

I'd rather be at Ewood Park

P-O-T

presty on tour

It's all about the lipstick Sid

Phil couldn't stack shelves

Shame about Mardle but it will be worth watching Taylor destroy King and of course seeing those lovely walk on girls!

I went to Kings George's Hall when it was on there, I would think it's even better now with the bigger venues.

Nice to see Taylor take King apart, hope he can do it again in the seni's as well, I think it could be a Taylor Wade final.

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats to James Wade on winning the Premier League, I didn't see the matches as I was working and my Sky + screwed up, I'm just glad King didn't win it.

UK Open next and interesting to see how Taylor will bounce back, he has a good record of 9 dart finnishes at that tournament.

James Wade fully deserved it.

King was drained after beating Taylor and The Machine held it together after a tough semi final against Barney. So many 100+ checkouts all round.

Quality night of darts! I think it will be be shown again a few times on sky sports in the next few days.

The wife has obtained a series of free tickets through the brewery so we will be partaking in some of the afternoons and evenings, its all down to what she wants. The problms begin when you have had so much free ale you just cant see who is throwing what and what scores they are notching :rolleyes::unsure::rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Taylor won the Las Vegas desert classic tonight beating barney in the final.

Rather strange interview Barney gave after, whereby he conceded that when he moved over from the BDO he thought he was better than Taylor but now he knows he's not. He's looked a broken man for the last 6 months.

Edited by Hasta

Barny looked a better player than of late, since his defeat by Taylor in Jan he has looked a shadow of his former self, I know that he has changed his darts which hasn't helped., he looked a lot better tonight and pushed Taylor all the way.

I watched the final legs in the pub with very little sound on and after watching it again after Sky + , what was Barny doing at the end he seemed to lose it then did a love in speech about Taylor, I did honestly think that he was going to announce his retirement when he got on the mic

• 3 weeks later...

Phil just never has a bad day in the office. He is so consistent and now with his new black darts, he thinks he can achieve a 120 average!

Terry has got a big heart and will really go for it tonight. He's tasted defeat in a final a few times and hopefully the experience he's gained will help him.

Tough ask but I think it will be a close one.

Everytime I have seen Jenkins in a final he has never done himself justice, he never seems to play at his best, he has to keep up with Taylor, if he lets him get 3 or 4 legs ahead then then it will be all over as I can't see Taylor dropping legs on his own throw.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.