SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Prem League Of Darts At King George's

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Barney sprung out a 9 darter the other night out of nowhere. His averages have been poor and will need to step up if he is to win the title.

Lewis VS Taylor is looking to be a mouth-watering prospect on new years day.

I'm backing Whitlock to make it to the finals, but would love Stompe there too. Great celebration from him the other night :xmas:

It's going to be a cracking final,Taylor on fine form beating Webster last night and Whitlock has been impressive in this tournament beating Wade and Barney, I think it will be a close match tonight.

Whitlock/Barney was an unbelievable match.

Whitlock has improved beyond all recognition over the last couple of years since he appeared in the other downmarket version of the World Championships.

If he can keep that form up against Taylor it will be a good game, the worry will be that a lot ofr players go to pieces when coming up against Taylor and can't bring their best game to bear, and it ends up rout.

Same thing used to happen in the 80's with snooker and Steve Davis.,

Good final, a lot closer than the 7-2 scoreline suggests.

Whitlock missed a couple of darts at doubles to win crucial legs and Taylor took out at least three 120 + finishes to win vital legs with Whitlock waiting on a finish. The 170 with Whitlock waiting behind on 40 being the most notable.

Good final, a lot closer than the 7-2 scoreline suggests.

Whitlock missed a couple of darts at doubles to win crucial legs and Taylor took out at least three 120 + finishes to win vital legs with Whitlock waiting on a finish. The 170 with Whitlock waiting behind on 40 being the most notable.

7-3 wasn't it. I thought Whitlock played very well, and when he first took out that 170, it made Taylor more desperate to up his game.

Whitlock never went away, continued battering the trebles, and had a great doubles %, but like you said Rev, he missed crucial doubles at crucial times for me.

The leg when Taylor couldn't hit the double 1 was a great one to watch! :o

If I've got this right, the top 6 pdc seeds are automatic selections

Taylor

Barney

Wade

Part

Jenkins

King

2 wildcards selections then imo be between Whitlock, Lewis, Baxter, Webster and Gary Anderson. Like you said, I think the wizard deserves it and will get a place and then it will be one of the others, probably Lewis.

I think your right with the wildcards, Whitlock and Lewis would be my choices although I wouldn't of minded seeing Baxter in there.

Webster had a good world championship but apart from that had a quiet year, as for Anderson he was hyped up when he came across to the PDC but has not really made an impact, scores well but his finishing sometimes is woefull.

• 4 weeks later...

Well done to Paul Nicholson in winning the Players Championship, he always portrayed himself as a villian of darts but I think he has changed peoples opinion of him.

Taylor not up to scratch in this tournamount, he struggled in every round, I'm glad he didn't get to the final as I think King would of beaten him.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Semi finals of the Premier League now finalised, Taylor will play King in a repeat of last years semi final and Wade takes on Whitlock.

Felt sorry for Baxter just missing out on a top four spot in the league, Taylor showing great form and goes into the last four unbeaten so far in this competition.

• 2 weeks later...

Phil Taylor just hit two 9 darters to win the Premier League Darts Final against defending champion James Wade in a thrilling match. I actually lost count at how many 180s there were in the match.

Taylor beat Wade 10 - 8 in the Premier League final and hit two nine-darters along the way !

Sensational match :!:

Fantastic final and fair play to Wade who didn't lie down and fought all the way, 2 nine darters in a short format match is unbelievable and also Taylor did a 10 darter as well which could have been a third nine darter had he not missed trable 17.

• 4 months later...

Cracking game last night between Taylor and Anderson, I really thought Anderson was going to win the way he was playing and Taylor was not anywhere near his best.

Taylor stepped it up in the final set and Anderson just seem to lose his edge, it would of made a cracking final.

Lewis has finally defeated the master in another belter of a game.

4-2 down and he faught back to win 5-4 against the power and deserved it after reeling off 16 180's in the match and holding his nerve to get the job done.

Should be a cracking final tomorrow against James Wade who put away Barney 5-1 in the other semi.

I'm backing "The Machine" to lift the title.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.