BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley Called Up

Ricky

Revs right I'm afraid eddie.

1. Too much baggage about Beckham with his stupid wife and the entourage that is Beck's publicity team around. Team spirit / morale will no doubt suffer. A football team only has room for one manager!

2. 2002 was FOUR years ago eddie. He is yesterdays man. Beckham had lots of stamina and a great right foot and thats it! He has no pace, no left foot, can't dribble, can't tackle and can't head..... and his stamina will be waning fast.

A drowning man will grasp at straws........ As I said before this is the beginning of the end for Maclaren.

It's quite obvious that you haven't been watching him recently. He's been the heartbeat of a side flying in one of the toughest leagues in the world at a crucial stage of the season. He is without doubt one of the best English players around at the moment (in my opinion one of the best players in the world in the last 5 or 6 months) and totally deserves his place in the side. You're clutching at straws if you are falling back on the possible effect his entourage could have on the team.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A drowning man will grasp at straws........ As I said before this is the beginning of the end for Maclaren.

Drog really enjoys playing the pantomime baddie doesn't he? Everything simplistically black and white ignoring the realities- its all grey.

OK so I hate the Beckhams and everything they represent BUT watch any one of Real Madrid's recent games and the uber tatooed one is inky kneck and shoulders the best English-born player playing in the world today.

Far from being the end of McLaren its the second decision he's got right (dropping Beckham was the first).

Incidentally nobody has picked up the fact that Rovers were/are deadly serious about getting Beckham in on loan. Where would that leave David Bentley? Learning from the master, that's where.

Well done to bentley.

Quick question, why is it called a cap? I understand in criket terms because their presented with their first cap to use, but in football? Did they used to wear caps out onto the field? For the photo or something?

If Beckham wasnt married to that Wife of his, he'd recieve far less stick from fans I'm sure. Its the wife most of us cant stand and most people aim their vitriol at Beckham because of the Posh spice link.

The only 'world class' players England have are Gerrard and maybe Rooney. None of the others are, they are just very good/good premiership players, who always bottle it in the Champion league or Internationals.

1. Wonder if Posh has condescended to staying in the same hotel as the rest of the team yet? Or is his inclusion conditional that he turns up alone?

2. I don't think Gerrards world class by a country mile. Never mind his TV appearences I've seen him live twice this season against us and I've not seen anything close to being world class about him. (Tugay certainly sold him all ends up for the goal at Ewood! :lol: ) Sure he can be insirational and strong and has scored some timely goals but world class ? Nah.

1. Wonder if Posh has condescended to staying in the same hotel as the rest of the team yet? Or is his inclusion conditional that he turns up alone?

2. I don't think Gerrards world class by a country mile. Never mind his TV appearences I've seen him live twice this season against us and I've not seen anything close to being world class about him. (Tugay certainly sold him all ends up for the goal at Ewood! :lol: ) Sure he can be insirational and strong and has scored some timely goals but world class ? Nah.

Have to disagree their theno, gerrard for me is the best in his postion in the world he has everything in his game + the ability to pretty much play anywhere on a football field. He has practically carried L'pool in europe for the past 3 sesaons and I firmly believe he is Englands best player by a counry mile

Well done to bentley.

Quick question, why is it called a cap? I understand in criket terms because their presented with their first cap to use, but in football? Did they used to wear caps out onto the field? For the photo or something?

They're given caps as well.

Bentley's call up is a complete waste of time in the light of McClaren's inexplicable, shortsighted, and approval craving recall of Beckham.

People wanted Beckham dropping - he drops him. People want Beckham recalling - he recalls him.

Dropping goldenballs in the first place is just about the only thing Sven mark 2 has got right in his miserable reign so far.

Beckham is yesterday's man, hasn't played well for England since 2002, and we hardly pulled up any trees when he was in the side anyway.

Beckham is currently tearing up those trees in a Real side about to win the title. Does he not deserve a recall?

Who wil be the No:7 on Friday, Bentley or Beckham??

I expect Beckham to start (good form plus nobody else puts so many bums on seats) and Bentley to finish (Becks all tired out; an agreement with LA Galaxy not to play the whole game or even a plain old good call from the manager)

Either way the chance to watchs Bentley in a senior England makes this a friendly to bother watching.

Dave Bentley, Bentley,

To Ewood from Highbury,

Past Van der Saar he put three,

Dave Bentley, Bentley.

No. 1 is Dave Bentley,

No. 2 is Dave Bentley,

No. 3 is Dave Bentley,

No. 4 is Dave Bentley,

No. 5 is Dave Bentley,

No. 6 is Dave Bentley,

NO. 7 IS DAVE BENTLEY,

No. 8 is Dave Bentley,

No. 9 is Dave Bentley,

No. 10 is Dave Bentley,

No. 11 is Dave Bentley,

All the substitutes are Dave Bentley.

We all dream of a team of Dave Bentleys,

A team of Dave Bentleys,

A team of Dave Bentleys.

One David Bentley, there's only one David Bentley,

One David Bentley, there's only one David Bentley.

:rover::rover::rover:

Absolutely ridiculous. Bentley could realistically be playing in Estonia on June 6th, joining up with the U-21s for their first game on the 11th and playing in the final on June 23rd and we have our first friendly at Wrexham on the 10th July.

If he does join up with the U-21 squad, I can't see him featuring in any of our Intertoto matches.

I think this will lead to one of two possibilities:-

1. Bentley will have a poor season which will affect Blackburn because of being overworked on England duty. :angry:

OR

2. He will be fit and active so will help Rovers have a good start to the season which they haven't had for a long time. :rover:

The first possibility is probably the most likely but it could be good for Blackburn. :)

Edited by brfc fan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.