Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bentley Called Up

Ricky

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shoppybrfc

Liverpool fans must be the most deluded in the country, Pennant better then Bentley, crazy scousers.

I laugh at the people on there who would rather have Pennant

Really? I prefer to laugh at almost all of them. The most amusing suggestions are:

1. That we would possibly sell Bentley for £6 million. Anything less than 10 I would personally find insulting.

2. At least two of them seem to think Pedersen would be better. Any Rovers fan could tell them that Bentley has easily been the better player this season. They need to stop judging based on pretty goals on MOTD.

3. Of course, suggestions that Pennant is better than Bentley, or even that Bentley is a similar option/level to Pennant.

So, as suspected he doesn't start.

Glad to see Shorey get the nod though - he deserves it. They were saying on sky sports that he might not have done had Bridge been fit but that always makes me laugh, a player that dosnt play week in week out for his club should get the nod over a player that has played ever game for his and has played well in nearly all of those games (I am not knocking Bridge by the way because I rate him higher than Ashley Cole

Smith and Shorey :D You have to laugh. Smith is just Man Utd's version of Paul Dickov.

Explain why Shorey dosnt deserve to be there ahead of other players in his position :blink:

Steven Gerrard has been excellent tonight. Joe Cole has to realise that he isnt Brazilian. Those step overs he keeps doing just look silly

What a crock - Dyer and Downing on. What the hell is the point calling Bentley up if he dosnt get a chance.

Edited by Cocker

Guest shoppybrfc

nice to see Lampard taking the game by the scruff of the neck, showing his World class qualities.

I thought Cole had done quite well, but I do like Downing and think he gets stick that isn't deserved. He's just had a cracking shot too. Dyer though...

Would be great to see Bentley play, but I doubt it will be for more than 10 minutes. Beckham has been playing Ok tonight, so no real reason to sub him.

I haven't actually heard Motson and Lawrenson mention Bentleys name once

Probably because he's not on the pitch? :blink:

Beckham's been excellent in the second half. As good as our DB is, he's still got some way to go to be as good as the original. I would have liked to have seen him on the left hand side instead of Downing though, surely McClaren knows what he's getting with him by now? Like tcj, I don't think he's a bad player, but McClaren managed him for several years and he's been involved with England for a while now.

Edit: Jenas for Beckham? Now that is taking the ###### a little.

Edited by LeChuck

Probably because he's not on the pitch? :blink:

Beckham's been excellent in the second half. As good as our DB is, he's still got some way to go to be as good as the original. I would have liked to have seen him on the left hand side instead of Downing though, surely McClaren knows what he's getting with him by now? Like tcj, I don't think he's a bad player, but McClaren managed him for several years and he's been involved with England for a while now.

I am on about possible replacements <_<

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.