BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn End Drummers ?

ABBEY

Blackburn End Drummers, what do you think.  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Blackburn End Drummers, what do you think.

• They should be allowed to stay
    • They should be made to go
    • Not bothered either way
    • Its all Groobys Fault.. Get into em.

We don't really have many different songs... most of them are claps followed by 'Rovers' or a player's name. Failing that something aimed at the opposition or Bumley... There is also that one with a bit of a tune (usually sang after a goal) but that's unimagenative as the wording is simply 'der, der der der... etc maybe if words were put in to it...

As for the drummers, they tend to start these chants. Very rarely do I hear them joining in with one that was started elsewhere in the BBE or other part of the ground. The atmosphere from Rovers fans is always much better away from home with or without the drummers, much of the time it is poor at home and getting rid of the drummers will only make it worse I think.. BRING BACK TERRACING!

I see on here that they are quite unpopular but when the guy starts banging most people tend to join in... I think therefore that in general they may be liked... a poll that involved every Rovers supporter, not just the minority on here would give a more true picture.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't really have many different songs... most of them are claps followed by 'Rovers' or a player's name. Failing that something aimed at the opposition or Bumley... There is also that one with a bit of a tune (usually sang after a goal) but that's unimagenative as the wording is simply 'der, der der der... etc maybe if words were put in to it...

As for the drummers, they tend to start these chants. Very rarely do I hear them joining in with one that was started elsewhere in the BBE or other part of the ground. The atmosphere from Rovers fans is always much better away from home with or without the drummers, much of the time it is poor at home and getting rid of the drummers will only make it worse I think.. BRING BACK TERRACING!

I see on here that they are quite unpopular but when the guy starts banging most people tend to join in... I think therefore that in general they may be liked... a poll that involved every Rovers supporter, not just the minority on here would give a more true picture.

Yet I've lost count of the number of times when a chant has been started in the BBE, only for it to be ruined by the drummers joining in. This is a simple matter of acoustics. By the time they hear it and react, because sound travels as a particular speed they will ALWAYS end up being out of time, especially when the chant it started in the corners. I've said this time and time again. Drums cannot, and will never, improve the atmosphere.

they should be hung drawn and quartered at home to Arsenal then dragged through the streets to Burnley where they can be dumped

Perhaps a little excessive, especially as we need all the season ticket holder we can get?

Which bit is excessive? Sending them to Burnley?

Yet I've lost count of the number of times when a chant has been started in the BBE, only for it to be ruined by the drummers joining in. This is a simple matter of acoustics. By the time they hear it and react, because sound travels as a particular speed they will ALWAYS end up being out of time, especially when the chant it started in the corners. I've said this time and time again. Drums cannot, and will never, improve the atmosphere.

It's simple - get rid of them!

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Aug 5 2007, 13:23 ) 534483[/snapback]
Bill is on the fans forum, and the chairman used to be a Blackburn end drummer.

Well , there we have it . It's what I've suspected for a long time . Just shows how representative these committees are ...

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ste B @ Aug 5 2007, 13:23 ) 534483[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Bill is on the fans forum, and the chairman used to be a Blackburn end drummer.

Well , there we have it . It's what I've suspected for a long time . Just shows how representative these committees are ...

Theres also at least 2 who are fervently anti-drummer. (Me being one of them).

Rather than sit about bitching about atmosphere, why not suggest something and we can bring it forward ?

Muffle their drumsticks, there you go, how about that?

If reasoning with these people fails, resort to out-and-out sabotage.

Or maybe give them recorders, should keep them occupied.

Or if banging things pleases them then give them triangles. Preferably of the dairy lea kind.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Aug 6 2007, 17:33 ) 534828[/snapback]
Rather than sit about bitching about atmosphere, why not suggest something and we can bring it forward ?

I have suggested something ....and at a higher level than the so-called fans' forum ! But the main thing is to get rid of the drummers - at least for a trial period . I'd rather sit in total silence than listen to retards banging the drums and embarrassing us all .

You know in a way im sorta imparshal to them. When i went to the Villa game and the Chelsea FA semi this last season and actully meet the drummer guys. They were cool peeps but i do have to say that after a while i did wish they would have stoped so i could listened to the songs and chants, I liked those a lot better.

The Moderators should create a songs sections on this message boad, which is always pinned to the top of the board - and therefore our club may create new songs.

They run down the left

The run down the riggggg-hhhht

Bentley and Pedersen

Make England look sh!te

The Moderators should create a songs sections on this message boad, which is always pinned to the top of the board - and therefore our club may create new songs.

They run down the left

Bentley and Pedersen

Make England look sh!te

You'd have to kill me before I sing that stupid Manc song.

On a related issue ; are the drummers "represented" on the Fans Forum /Brisa ? I can only assume that they must be

yes, the drummer is always present at these meetings. when he agrees with somebody he bangs his drum excitedly! :D

I'm the other anti-drumming person on the FF.

However, I think people should start to make a distinction be drumming and "the drummer", then realise that the drummers are real people who genuinely believe what that are doing is for the good of the club and referring to them as retarded or wishing them dead (or even worse, sent to Burnley) is no more acceptable than if they'd been a poster on here.

That said, I like Bill, he's a nice bloke, but I hate his bloody drum and he knows exactly how I feel about it. But just becuase he chooses not to post on here, doesn't make him an acceptable target for very personal insults.

You'd have to kill me before I sing that stupid Manc song.

same thoughts exactly- i really cant understand how they can sing that- i know a lot of the the Mancs don't like england but that song

is just wrong from an english club.

as for the drummers, I agree the personal insults are a bit harsh, but my god they are embarrassing.

I would rather have the away fans singing "shall we sing a song for you" than have the drummers banging "du-dududu"-

what is worse is MOTD & Sky always focus in on them.

whats the bet that at the first home game, as the back of the blackburn end start "santa cruz is coming to town" we get the usual

"bang bang bang- saaaaannnntttaaa cruzzzz"?

same thoughts exactly- i really cant understand how they can sing that- i know a lot of the the Mancs don't like england but that song

is just wrong from an english club.

as for the drummers, I agree the personal insults are a bit harsh, but my god they are embarrassing.

I would rather have the away fans singing "shall we sing a song for you" than have the drummers banging "du-dududu"-

what is worse is MOTD & Sky always focus in on them.

whats the bet that at the first home game, as the back of the blackburn end start "santa cruz is coming to town" we get the usual

"bang bang bang- saaaaannnntttaaa cruzzzz"?

Your probably right.

Theres a fans forum meeting next week, and the DRUMMERS are keen to hear any alternative suggestions, and meet with people who can put something forward.

Come on down Blue Phil ;)

That said, I like Bill, he's a nice bloke, but I hate his bloody drum and he knows exactly how I feel about it. But just becuase he chooses not to post on here, doesn't make him an acceptable target for very personal insults.

Don't get too touchy Glenn - I haven't got a clue who Bill is and only ever see him and his pals from a distance (thankfully) . My comments were in "general" rather than specific , so climb down from your high horse .

However , these lads must realise they cause misery for many and , undoubtedly , actively discourage some fans from going near the BBE . If they get stick it's part of the job .

By the way , is it true that they get free season tickets ?

On a similar note (if that word isn't out of place in this thread) it's becoming quite common these days to be surrounded by brats blowing unbelievably loud airhorn thingies . I don't know if the club have any power to suppress this nonsense but if they have I'd suggest they do so pretty damn quickly ...... :ph34r:

They run down the left

Bentley and Pedersen

Make England look sh!te

SONGS SECTION

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.